Do you think it's possible to go from size 16 to 10-12?

Options
jadejo63
jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
I want to be thin and not like I look now, I always look big in all pops and I hate it, I would like to be a size 10-12 do you think this is possible and likely if I work for it? Or do you think I'm just not built to be like that? :(

Replies

• nicoleml85
    nicoleml85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I use to be in a size 16 and weighed around 190-200 lbs and now I'm in a 9/10 and weight 155 so yes it is possible!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hell yah...I started at a size 16...I am in a size 7...

and to be honest I never thought I would see a size 6...always thought I was not built for it...I am.

337cf4fe-0b1f-4ec4-a6ec-d2e551f7d567_zpse8037836.jpg

Here is a pic...top left is me at a 16/18...not sure cause I refused to buy 18's, Bottom left is me at size 10, the other pic is me at size 9...my profile pic I am in a size 7...I can wear a 6 but it's too snug to be comfortable....

If I can do it after 20 years you can do it too.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I started as a 16/18 now I'm a 10/12 (UK sizes) of course it's possible!
  • flikster76
    flikster76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was 22/24, sitting at 12 now. Aiming for 10. Australian sizes.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I used to be a size 19/20, and now I am a size 10/12. I started very slowly, just increasing my activity level and counting calories carefully. Now I can run again, ride better, and wear hot clothes.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Totally doable!
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I was a size 18 now an 8 working towards a 6... I'm 5'11" so I think it's very possible if I did it
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Gone from pushing a UK Size 24 to comfortably wearing a size 12.... of course it's possible, you just gotta work hard and be dedicated :) and no, I never thought I'd reach a size 12 either :)
  • marissabakescakes
    marissabakescakes Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey girly! I just want you to know, the size number will not define how you feel at the end. Everyone is proportioned differently, and even the number on your pants are not exactly what you hoped, just focus on how healthy and sexy you feel....

On that note :laugh:

Of course it is possible, but don't make it the only thing.

I began at a size 12, now I am at 6 and still have about 20 pounds to go (I am 151). My frame is a bit smaller so even when I was close to 200 pounds, I was a 12.

Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • LouiseChe
    LouiseChe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I started at a size 22 (sometimes more depending on the style) and I am now a 14. Aiming for a 12 for now if I can!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    yes definitely.

I started out in size 14 and never thought I would be smaller than 10. I am now a size 4. Yes very possible for you to get size 10.
  • ruthkennedy
    ruthkennedy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I was a UK 16 in the beginning and am now a sensible size 10 at 5' 7" and have stayed here for about 2 years
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    of course its possible :) I know when we're bigger we think NO WAY...I was a (UK)14 and now am a 10 bordering on an 8, if I can do it anyone can :)

It takes determination, eating at deficit and doing consistent exercise :-D
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    yes, yes, yes! I was a wearing 16 pants about 2 years ago. I am now into a size 12 in pants. You can do it too. I found one brand that runs small to size. I bought a size 12 in them about a year ago. All my other new pants were a 12 & fit but those didn't. Every week they were my test. Yesterday I tried them on again and tada!!! they fit!!! That was better than getting on the scale. So set a goal not only on the scale but by how your clothes fit. I am a tall, big framed person so I know a size 2 is never going to be me. A size 12 looks great...maybe owning one size 10 would be good too!
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible but it won't happen by just wanting it.

We've all done the "I'll never be slim/destined to be this size" thing but the truth is that it's a choice. In 30yrs nursing I have seen few medical exceptions to this, some but very very few.

Most of us just don't want to put the work in other than for a quick fix for a wedding etc. Making real change is scary, but absolutely possible.
  • jolancy
    jolancy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Of course it is, it's great that you have a goal to aim for too as it helps keep you focused. I started at a size 18 aiming to get into a size 12, am now in a size 10 (UK sizes), as you can imagine it was quite a buzz when I bought my first size 10!!

FYI, it has taken me about a year to get to this point, no quick fixes but with hard work and determination I'm sure you'll do it too.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible. I went to a 14/16 to a size 6 :) Don't give up!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i think it is a great question as sitting here now i never believed i could enter into a size 12. I was an 18/20 just dreaming to fit into a size uk 14. I am now a uk size 12 and aiming for a uk size 10 then will stop.