What's for supper???

Replies

• AstroNatx
    AstroNatx Posts: 20
    Homemade Chile Con Carne on a bed of Brussel Sprouts. It was so yummy!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    I ate with my customers tonight. It was smoked pork tenderloin, brown rice and a veggie casserole. All very good.

039_zps82261ce3.jpg
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    See profile pic hahaha ;)
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Beef tacos with avocado

2vkxmpk.jpg

Heat pan on medium high
    Once hot, add 1 tsp olive oil
    Brown chopped garlic and onion in heated pan
    Add 5 oz. extra lean ground beef
    Stir in 1-3 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp sugar, fresh pepper and a little sea salt
    Let sit so that meat browns
    Serve on 4 inch corn tortillas (steamed) with avocado and hot sauce to taste

With 5 oz beef, 4 corn tortillas & 2 oz avocado, dinner works out to 465 cal, and takes no time at all to cook! I'm Mexican, so tacos have my go-to dinner ever since I found a Latin grocer in the market near me that sells freshly made corn tortillas.
  • larrodarro
    That taco looks good. I might try it with turkey though. I'm about burned out on beef right now.
  • Now I'm hungry lol
  • larrodarro
    Last night my customers sent me home with a smoked pork tenderloin. We had some of it, a salad, corn, honey baked carrots and a slice of low sugar strawberry pie with blueberries. But we skipped lunch and ate early. Now I'm hungry again. I'm casting an eye toward the freezer and another slice of pie.

050_zps85232c56.jpg
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Cod burgers! The Hardy's comercial had us dying to try it. We sprinkled with Cod with Chef Paul's blackening seasoning and used big fluffy bakery buns. Green leaf lettuce on bottom bun, then tomato, cod filet, and mashed avocado. They were really good :) calories not too bad for a Saturday dinner either.
  • kathynavarro2014
    kathynavarro2014 Posts: 22 Member
    I've been looking for a place to jump in and find a place to start getting involved on this message board and it looks like I've found it! This is so my style....I just love food pics, seeing what others make and eat and of course, taking my own pics.

But I don't know how to post pics on here. Can anyone offer some help?
  • larrodarro
    I've been looking for a place to jump in and find a place to start getting involved on this message board and it looks like I've found it! This is so my style....I just love food pics, seeing what others make and eat and of course, taking my own pics.

But I don't know how to post pics on here. Can anyone offer some help?

You will need to upload the picture at a hosting site like photbucket.com. Once you decide what to post, right click on it and copy the photo IRL. Come back to the thread, then type img inside two brackets like these [ ]. Paste the copied IRL, then type /img inside two brackets [ ]. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Larro
  • jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Homemade butter chicken from our new Indian recipe book with basmati rice. Yummy :)
  • kathynavarro2014
    Hmmm. Attempting to figure this out.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Hoping to get home made chicken noodle soup done tonight. Not feeling too hot (morning sickness) so I hope hubby or kids will help with the chopping.

It's chicken, roasted, the drippings made into broth (I add Swanson low sodium if I need more), celery, carrots, the chicken chopped up, egg noodles, peas, and sometimes potato. Perfect for a not-so-great feeling Sunday evening.
  • kathynavarro2014
    Dinner last night was roasted sweet potatoes and a grilled pineapple chunk topped turkey burger. Burger is lean ground turkey, fresh minced garlic, minced jalapeno, grated carrot, grated fresh ginger, chopped green onion and a squeeze of hoisin sauce.

I am obviously quite technically challenged because I can't figure out how to post a pic despite numerous attempts. Yeesh!

IMG_8340.jpg
  • kathynavarro2014
    LOL, obviously I can't follow instructions either. Kept doing it wrong but finally got it. Thanks for your help.

Kathy
  • stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    Tonight is leftover borbun samon with rice and green beans.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Tonight it's cold in OH. Chili was voted in! Turkey chili for me (can't eat beans...well I can, but my everyone around me would object!), and beef and bean chili for the boys. Topped with some cheese, sour cream and jalapenos! YUM!
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Wine! Just spent 7 hours with my mother...
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    4oz Filet Mignon
    4oz Baked Sweet Potato
    1/2 Cup of Zucchini, Onion & Squash

A slice of birthday cake & a tiny scoop of ice cream for my wife's birthday. I saved the calories just for her :]
  • larrodarro
    A salad, pork tenderloin, bacon wrapped green beans, cabbage and a carrot. Also had a new version of the banana oat cookies. {I forgot the raisins when I went shopping}

017_zpsca4d0f7c.jpg