GARCINIA CAMBOGIA EXTRACT

Replies

• cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Dr. Oz doesn't act alone. He has a billion dollar industry of unsubstantiated snake oil salespeople behind him.

tumblr_mninajgAXO1sodo64o1_500.gif

Why have I been sat watching this for a good 5 minutes?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Take the money you were going to use, and pay bills.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Dr. Oz doesn't act alone. He has a billion dollar industry of unsubstantiated snake oil salespeople behind him.

tumblr_mninajgAXO1sodo64o1_500.gif

Why have I been sat watching this for a good 5 minutes?

If you are like me: Minutes 1-2 - Is that a pixie stick? Minutes 3-4 - He's trying to put it in his cheek? Minute 5 - Hey, that's kind of cute!
  • FARMERCHIC13
    FARMERCHIC13 Posts: 7 Member
    Yes, I tired it........nothing!!! even with a slight change to diet and exercise (for the better), still nothing!!! yep got the best kind that was recommended.. Nothing! Tired the 100% Green tea extract Dr.Oz recommended....nothing!!! and 1 or 2 other things I saw on his show, over the past few years.....NOTHING!!! I just thought maybe they weren't for MY weigh loss..or this one will work........ Silly me!! Conclusion Dr.Oz is a salesman!!! Sorry!! and weight loss only comes from hard work/effort. Save your money. :D
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    It's funny how pretentious and downright miserable some people can be on these boards.
    Anyways, I take 3 garcinia pills a day. They're not a miracle weight loss pill by any means, but I'm not kidding when I say they're a fantastic hunger suppressant. The portions I eat have been reduced because I simply don't have the hunger for it.

Now I'm going to leave the thread because I'm almost certain I will be attacked, as something similar has already happened earlier. If you have any questions for me, and maybe some positive words as this site sometimes lack, you can shoot me a personal message. :)

I'm glad (you think) that they're doing something for you (despite all of the scientific evidence to the contrary). Their (placebo) effect is clearly very strong.

<or>

Have you been tested to see if some kind of Monsanto/GMO food has contaminated you with rat genes?

Are you some sort of child?

Anyway, I guess it is a placebo effect among me and my friends who are all experiencing the same things.. weiiiird. Oh, and I guess people still think they're being funny if they're being sarcastic or rude? Cute.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    So, I should PM you to ask about the quality of your farts. Because that's one of the side effects that most users describe. And they sound epic.

I guess you took offence to the pretentious comment, which I would suggest to stop being a jerk to someone who's just asking an honest question by making others feel stupid. Can you do that? Is it possible?
    I wouldn't really pm anyone about their farts, but if that's something you're into, it's a free country.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    The problem is that it ultimately doesn't matter whether garcinia combogia, or any other diet pill, cream, or aide works, because the vast majority of people taking them would over rely on their minimal effectiveness.

This is why even major, proven weight loss aides like bariatric surgery still result in a high percentage of losers regaining a considerable amount of weight.

If you don't get your relationship with food/exercise together, you're doomed to regain (or not lose at all) regardless of what aide you use.

And if you do get your relationship with food/exercise together, then you won't need any of the aides.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Oh and Dr. Oz is a snake oil salesmen.

Agreed. Igm16ED.jpg sells sOYKI7c.jpg
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    It's funny how pretentious and downright miserable some people can be on these boards.
    Anyways, I take 3 garcinia pills a day. They're not a miracle weight loss pill by any means, but I'm not kidding when I say they're a fantastic hunger suppressant. The portions I eat have been reduced because I simply don't have the hunger for it.

Now I'm going to leave the thread because I'm almost certain I will be attacked, as something similar has already happened earlier. If you have any questions for me, and maybe some positive words as this site sometimes lack, you can shoot me a personal message. :)

I'm glad (you think) that they're doing something for you (despite all of the scientific evidence to the contrary). Their (placebo) effect is clearly very strong.

<or>

Have you been tested to see if some kind of Monsanto/GMO food has contaminated you with rat genes?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    The problem is that it ultimately doesn't matter whether garcinia combogia, or any other diet pill, cream, or aide works, because the vast majority of people taking them would over rely on their minimal effectiveness.

This is why even major, proven weight loss aides like bariatric surgery still result in a high percentage of losers regaining a considerable amount of weight.

If you don't get your relationship with food/exercise together, you're doomed to regain (or not lose at all) regardless of what aide you use.

And if you do get your relationship with food/exercise together, then you won't need any of the aides.

This, exactly this. Welcome to the Yo Yo Effect.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

<or>

Are you some sort of child?

Anyway, I guess it is a placebo effect among me and my friends who are all experiencing the same things.. weiiiird. Oh, and I guess people still think they're being funny if they're being sarcastic or rude? Cute.

That you missed the insight in each of my multiple choice responses does not make *me* the childish one. Look deeper.

So you think the placebo effect is isolated to individuals? Let's play out this scenario a little more. You start taking a new supplement for which you paid $X. You really want to get your money's worth, so you follow the plan...the plan that inevitably includes some combination of increasing your activity and decreasing your calories. Even if you don't *actively* do these things, you are more likely to knowing that you're taking this supplement. You're more aware of what you're doing, and this awareness leads to decisions that yield results. (It happens when people start logging their food *even if they don't intentionally change their behavior*.) This is not an isolated hypothetical. It happens All. The. Damn. Time. So yeah, your friends are not immune to it.

For the second point, GC *has* been proven effective...in rats. I offered a possible explanation for how you were experiencing this same effectiveness.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    So, I should PM you to ask about the quality of your farts. Because that's one of the side effects that most users describe. And they sound epic.

I guess you took offence to the pretentious comment, which I would suggest to stop being a jerk to someone who's just asking an honest question by making others feel stupid. Can you do that? Is it possible?
    I wouldn't really pm anyone about their farts, but if that's something you're into, it's a free country.

Ig56feQ.gif
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member

Ig56feQ.gif

omgosh thats awesome!
  • I take Garcinia Cambogia, and it has helped curb my appetite and helped both my husband and I lowér our cravings and calorie intake! We love it! I have lost 12 lbs since Feb. 1st. Hubby has lost 14 lbs since Feb. 8th. And we haven't even started exercising yet.
  • deksgrl
    I take Garcinia Cambogia, and it has helped curb my appetite and helped both my husband and I lowér our cravings and calorie intake! We love it! I have lost 12 lbs since Feb. 1st. Hubby has lost 14 lbs since Feb. 8th. And we haven't even started exercising yet.

What happens when you stop taking it?
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Which brande of Garcinia Cambogia Extract have you been using?
  • As a newbie, I bought into this too. It does help suppress your appetite and seeing how diet is supposedly 80% of the solution to weight loss, I found it helpful. Is it a miracle drug? No. It did help me get started on a better diet and exercise plan because I didn't feel like I was starving and miserable. Anything that helps get through the first few weeks of diet/work out is worth it (except for the obvious harmful drugs). 5 hour energy before hitting the gym helped like crazy too. :o)
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 341 Member
    I'm a little surprised at the immature responses to the OP. If you disagree, fine. Use respectful words (I'm sure your mother taught you a few) and give the OP your reasons for suggesting they don't use GC. But to use sarcasm and shaming -- that's truly classy, people. Way to be an adult.

To the OP: I'm trying it. I already have a calorie restricted diet. I exercise regularly. And I've been doing both things for years. I'm pretty close to reaching the goal, and it's taken me years to get the fat off and muscle on. But I'm doing it.

I take vitamins. Do they help me? My bloodwork on the annual physical the last two years says they've made an improvement. I didn't take any supplements a few years ago. So I have hard facts - not placebo effects - to show that it works.

So I'm willing to give Garcinia Carbogia a try. Will it help? I don't know yet. But it's safe to take and didn't break my budget. My measuring tape is the litmus test. I've been at a plateau since December, and those last few inches are being elusive. If this helps in ANY way, then I'm fine with it. If it doesn't help-- I'm fine with that, too.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I'm a little surprised at the immature responses to the OP. If you disagree, fine. Use respectful words (I'm sure your mother taught you a few) and give the OP your reasons for suggesting they don't use GC. But to use sarcasm and shaming -- that's truly classy, people. Way to be an adult.

To the OP: I'm trying it. I already have a calorie restricted diet. I exercise regularly. And I've been doing both things for years. I'm pretty close to reaching the goal, and it's taken me years to get the fat off and muscle on. But I'm doing it.

I take vitamins. Do they help me? My bloodwork on the annual physical the last two years says they've made an improvement. I didn't take any supplements a few years ago. So I have hard facts - not placebo effects - to show that it works.

So I'm willing to give Garcinia Carbogia a try. Will it help? I don't know yet. But it's safe to take and didn't break my budget. My measuring tape is the litmus test. I've been at a plateau since December, and those last few inches are being elusive. If this helps in ANY way, then I'm fine with it. If it doesn't help-- I'm fine with that, too.

Do you even realize you just blatantly and explicitly shamed people for giving responses that may or may not have actually been shaming OP?

You know what else my mom taught me? Not to be a hypocrite.
    To the OP: I'm trying it.

LOL. At least now I have a better idea the source of your dislike of those who would disagree with OP. Oh, sure, you couched it in a critique of their phrasing and disrespectfulness, but is that the *real* reason? C'mon, now...be honest.

Anyhow, best of luck with your experiment with this particular supplement. If it doesn't work, perhaps consider a closer review of the accuracy and consistency of your food logging? Or perhaps reconsider your calorie burn from exercise estimates? Assuming those are all spot on, perhaps reconsider the appropriateness of your calorie target? (I'd guess that these three things account for at least 90% of "plateaus".)
  • deksgrl
    I'm a little surprised at the immature responses to the OP. If you disagree, fine. Use respectful words (I'm sure your mother taught you a few) and give the OP your reasons for suggesting they don't use GC.

It doesn't work, it is a waste of money. The only thing "lighter" is going to be your wallet.

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=188147

Conclusions.— Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.