Is it ok to have no ink in today's society?

Options

Replies

• jfl5
    jfl5 Posts: 37
    Options
    If you're satisfied with yourself and you're not hurting anybody, why worry about what other people think?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    hmm. You could have something here. I am a manwhore, and I have no ink.

I was even a sailor, and survived the Navy for 8.5 years without getting any ink. I did get the ear pierced atone point, but let it grow closed.

I do enjoy seeing some folks with ink, others not so much. There were two tatted mom's in the wading pool wiht their chilluns the other day, and one was admirable, and the other not so much. I can't even explain why.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I don't have any just because I can't picture anything I would want on my body the rest of my life... nor would I know where to put it. But to be embarrassed because you don't have any tats? That's really goofy, imo. Be proud to be who you are and what you have or don't have, no matter what.
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Too much commitment :tongue:
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    To me I prefer no tattoo's because most professional jobs frown upon visible tats and I don't really care seeing tattoos 24/7. Though I understand completely if someone chooses to wear a tattoo as long as there is meaning behind it (a tat in memory of someone, or to signify a big moment in your life).
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am inked and looking forward to getting more ink. I have friends with ink and friends without it (who have no interest in doing so). Does it change my opinion of them? Not a bit. It's a highly personal decision. Ink free or human canvas, go live the way you choose to.
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, I want a sleeve doing when I can eventually afford the 900 pound it's gna cost :/

wha???? your getting ripped off if you pay £900 for a sleeve!

OP its like everyone getting piercings .. its been around forever its a trend right now and not for everyone and theres nothing wrong with being an individual.

i have just the one and having more added to it over time.

I'm not sure about the conversion but I would NEVER pay less than $1000 USD for a full sleeve.

why? surely its not about the money its about the quality.. if you know a superb tattoo artist thats cheaper you wouldnt pay over the odds would you?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'm scared to admit it because I'm afraid of being judged.

lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.
    why? surely its not about the money its about the quality.. if you know a superb tattoo artist thats cheaper you wouldnt pay over the odds would you?
    yes but you pay for what you get.

a superb artists will never be cheaper.

you can expect to putting down 100-150$ per hour a larger multi-session piece from a quality artists.

If you paid less than 1000 US I'd be surprised if it was any good.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

you can expect to putting down 100-150$ per hour a larger multi-session piece from a quality artists.

I got offered a free tattoo by a very talented artist (he was hoping to get laid). I still passed.

It's just not for everybody.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are sooooo trashy!

^^^ This. They are only for *kitten* and sailors.

I have a tattoo and I can confirm I am both a *kitten* AND a sailor.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I got offered a free tattoo by a very talented artist (he was hoping to get laid). I still passed.

It's just not for everybody.

well to tattoo or not is a different story- I do not expect everyone to want one- but I would never get one- or NOT get one based on anyone else's opinion.

and I certainly wouldn't get one just because it was free LOL... I'm very personal about my tattoos.
  • dmacca666
    dmacca666 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Each to their own. Some peoples look great. Others, not so great........

Myself, I don't like needles and I'd rather spend the money on video games..... :D
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are the work of the devil. Only devil worshipers, low life degenerates, and McDonalds employees should have them.

Keep thy body pure.

Wow, thanks for telling me my religion and place of employment. I knew I was a whoring sailor but this, this I had no idea of.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I’ve read a little judgment going on here; for me and it’s just my opinion but I can take it or leave it. When I was younger people with tattoos were the ones that stood out, now days it’s those without the tats that stand out. Despite not having any, I personally think they can look nice. I am however not thrilled by seeing people completely covered by them but again that’s just me. I like the human body the way it was designed and like to be able to see more of it than man’s art work.

BTW the comments about tats are for *kitten* and sailors, really??? I've been both and I don't have any ink.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Each new hot generation has a statement they wanna call their own.
    Tattoos?
    Piercings?
    That's for Moms and Dads.
    What you wanna do is spend your allowance on Devil horn implants,
    Elephant Man head,
    Designer tails,
    Third leg, fourth leg - everyone a hermaphrodite!

- As seen on TV, Pitchshifter
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    None here. Nothing against them and not afraid of needles, just can't imagine anything I'd want to have on my body for the rest of my life.

Still definitely a *kitten* though.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    One of my friends has tattoos that tells a story about his life (which is fine). My skin's so wrecked from rock climbing, skateboarding etc - the scars tell a story of sorts and are a bit like tattoos. But uglier. :laugh:

I love the reaction I get when I show people my shins covered in grazes and bruises. :sick:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    None here. Nothing against them and not afraid of needles, just can't imagine anything I'd want to have on my body for the rest of my life.

+1

and yeah, I actually think it's becoming odd NOT to have a tattoo.
    So I'm a *kitten* AND a rebel.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Precisely this. To me the concepts 'fashionable' and 'permanent' don't marry. I think there are people for whom body decoration is an inherent part of their personality, and for those people tattoos and body modification makes sense and they carry it off well.

If I got a tattoo though I'd just be yet another middle aged poser trying to make up for a lack of rebellion in my youth.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    If I got a tattoo though I'd just be yet another middle aged poser trying to make up for a lack of rebellion in my youth.

Ya, well.... some of us are middle aged posers trying to make up for a lack of rebellion in our youth..... AND we live vicariously through our children. I have no idea what exactly that means, but, I'm not really a *kitten*, or a sailor, so I felt I had to add something.

Certified, professional sloth
    Hates IKEA
    Hates the phone, Loves the internet
    Generally knows jacksh*t about fitness, but is trying

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________