Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I would be heading to the USA
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'd also track down a few of those old Battletech simulators that were popular in the 90s and put them in my personal arcade.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'd buy a home for my mom and new car for her.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    A house with a fenced backyard big enough for me to plant a veggie garden.

I'd also give my parents enough money to pay for all my mom's medications and oxygen supplies. That **** ain't cheap, yo.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Helicopter.....Bell Jet Ranger.... oh, and lessons... Im a single engine, VFR private pilot now...so would have to get the rotary endorsement..

then I would go everywhere......
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Blind trust and proceeds would be claimed anonymously

Large checks to my parents and my in-laws, swearing them all to secrecy (they're all fantastic secret keepers) and getting them to divide some of the money among the extended family.

Set up a foundation that 'employs' a variety of elderly family members so that we can provide for their medical insurance and income for each of them.

Two new cell phones to take on our one month trip. This will give us time to decide the next steps. Charitable foundations, various hobbies, real estate to be purchased etc. without any pressure.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Blind trust and proceeds would be claimed anonymously

Large checks to my parents and my in-laws, swearing them all to secrecy (they're all fantastic secret keepers) and getting them to divide some of the money among the extended family.

Set up a foundation that 'employs' a variety of elderly family members so that we can provide for their medical insurance and income for each of them.

Two new cell phones to take on our one month trip. This will give us time to decide the next steps. Charitable foundations, various hobbies, real estate to be purchased etc. without any pressure.

^ sounds like a good plan.

smart for the anonymous claim
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    The very first thing I would buy is a light blue tuxudo. Complete with a top hat and cane.
    Once I had that, I would go to the bank to open up a new account with my millions and DEMAND that they address me as "Commander".
  • karen1105mfp
    karen1105mfp Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Since it would take a while for me to design my new dream home, I'd go out and immediately by myself a hot new Shelby GT500, and a tricked out lifted Chevy truck for my hubby.
  • Anonymouze
    Options
    I'd buy a dirt bike and travel around the USA with just a backpack....sigh, maybe I should do that whether I win the lottery or not.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Plane ticket...ETA a personal chef. :laugh:
  • AlyAnnesBack
    Options
    I can't choose one. This is assuming it's big time lottery where I never HAVE to work.

1. Invest a company or something and property.
    2. Find my dream property. Country, but not middle of nowhere. Maybe Colorado,Nevada, or cali? (I love lake Tahoe) something old but timeless. Small but luxurious. MUST have a place for horses. :)
    3. invest time/money into possible careers that I enjoy regardless of paycheck. Maybe start a business. Restaurant? I have ideas.lol
    4. Give something to every important person in my life.
    5. Dedicate time and money to a special charity/rescue I believe in. Hsus. Habitat for horses. Disease research.
    6. Hire a fleet of personal trainers and nutritionists. Lol
    7.TRAVEL EVERYWHERE!
    8. Spend time on my horse/equestrian sport.

As you can see I've been thinking about this... Lol
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It's simple, if you won the lottery tomorrow, what would be your first purchase?

First thing would be to look at finances to make sure my boys college expenses would be covered and that the money would last for a few generations. But yeah, I would retire and just play tennis for a living.

Nothing extravagant.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I would disappear.

Me too!
  • AussieGal73
    Options
    I got told off for the post I made in a similar topic a while back because I used the wrong term. Hopefully this won't get me a warning...

The first thing I'd do would be to hire a load of little people and dress them in chain mail. Then we would march through my city center, with me atop a grand stallion, and all the little people either on little ponies, or carrying big broadswords. And I'd have some playing tunes like minstrels. Whilst others in front of me blowing trumpets to let everyone know I was on my way.

Yeah, that's what I'd do.

What have you been smoking? LOL
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    you dont need to win a huge lottery to not work.

even if you earn 100k per year, 20 years of work is 2mil. with two mill you can set up a passive income that will keep going indefinitely.

oh yeah, in australia, when you win the lottery, its tax free.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I would not tell my relatives! Then I would move to Idaho, my adopted home state.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    New car, then home, then debt, then boat, then wave runner etc..
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    It's simple, if you won the lottery tomorrow, what would be your first purchase?

Fly to wherever you are and take you out on the town. (Going on the limited information I have.) Then buy a house in Florida, invest, give.