December No Late Night "Junk/Health Snacking

Options

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    kayakbud, I so totally :love: your story! Makes me feel SO :happy: for having started this thread back in August 2008 and so grateful to Walnish, Zaza and recently Lorna for maintaining it while I couldn't. Stories like yours make it so worthwhile! And if we want to stick with this plan "we have to be reasonable" (as Zaza once said). So you definitely earned the point.

I also feel the same about calories burnt vs. calories eaten. It's depressing to see how slow they get burned. And to be honest, the sweets or bad fats feel great for just a few seconds: while in your mouth. The memory of their taste is killed by the guilty feelings: so why not be strong once and again and think that they'll taste just as good tomorrow and save that one piece for later. Plus, when I am counting calories, I'd rather spend them on something filling, than on some silly calorie bombs :wink:.

I scored last night too :smile: Me: 10 - LNS:1
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME 11/LNS 1

I can't be sure about Saturday night, but I think I went over. Since I've been doing so well, one OOPS won't kill me as last night I was well back on track.

Great job everyone! Awesome support this month!!! Love it.
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    ME: 12 ~ LNS: 1

My 11-year-old son suggested that I put my "before" picture on top of the cookie jar (I made him some chocolate chip cookies) and it is working! Smart kid! I may have to post that pic in a few different places!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me 11 - LNS 1
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I don't know where the time went this past week, but I havent' checked in - maybe because i haven't done well.:ohwell:
    Me: 8
    LNS: 4
    This time of year is just crazy and there's been a little extra stress and changes in routine. Will only get worse until after the holidays. :ohwell: But, I am still trying.
    You are all so impressive and inpsiring. :drinker: I just have to stay stronger and not give in.
    Have a good week!!
    Zaza
    PS. Teresa, I had done the picture routine w/my husband and it worked for him for awhile, but then picture came down when we had everyone here at Thansigivng. May have to try that again...for me! Glad you mentioned that idea.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 10 ~ LNS: 2

Everyone is doing great...Keep up the good work!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we do eat late, but I'll try for 8:00pm cut off time and
    go to bed at 11:00pm. I am in on this challenge!!!:tongue:
    Anything helps.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me 12 - LNS 1
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am in, after eating about 800 calories on nuts and "healthy" chocolate tonight.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Zaza, you are doing great, actually! You're far ahead the LNS! Keep it that way! Yeah, it's December, this month's even harder than others.
    Welcome Shirley and Virginia!
    I had a small apple and a small orange after my cut-off, cos I couldn't finish my dinner :). But that's too few calories and also too healthy :) to take my point away! So: Me 12 vs LNS 1
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I had a small apple and a small orange after my cut-off, cos I couldn't finish my dinner :). But that's too few calories and also too healthy :) to take my point away! So: Me 12 vs LNS 1
    You are absolutely right Dew. And congrats on meeting your weight loss goal. You did it tout de suite. Great inspiration!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Last night was one of my hardest night because my appetite wouldn't go away all day. I drank tea and kept drinking water, and survived it. Whew! Hopeful whatever I ate that triggered an appetite had cleared from my system, and today is an easier day.
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    I definitely need help. Last night was the worst. All I wanted was junk food when I did so good earlier that day.... I felt like crap this morning
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 11 ~ LNS: 2

Lorna~ Looking good in your proflie pic. I cant wait until my weight comes off!

Dew-~ I think you earned that point considering how great you've been doing this month

Esorcel~ Good Job @ resisting temptation

Shirley, Virginia & Faithisfabulous~ Welcome to the group ladies!
  • kayakbud
    kayakbud Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Saturday was bad....don't want to talk about it. Oh well, picking up and carrying on:

Me: 5 LNS: 1

keep up the good work guys, we're doing awesome!!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    faithisfabulous , I know how you feel - been there and done that. In fact, did it last night!
    Me:8
    LNS: 5
    I'm certainly not a very good role model. It's just the way it is right now. Came home late from Christmas shopping and I was hungry. I just haven't been in the mood to fight it.
    But each day I start over. Coming back to all of you and this challenge really does help, so thank you!
    Hang in there everyone - we can do it!
    Zaza
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    bump
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    13 ME /1 LNS
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me 13 vs LNS 1

Everyone around me had chestnuts once they were done, but it was after my cut-off time, so I saved mine for today :wink:.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 12 ~ LNS: 2