BLACK GIRLS WORKOUT TOO!!

Options

Replies

• 666romanzolanski
    Options
    hello, i just started using this dvd a few weeks ago and i've noticed some changes in my body already, such as building muscle and my butt has gotten more firm and a little bigger from the squats. i really like this dvd but i have a lot of belly fat and just general fat over all, and my question is, if i'm looking to lose fat AND build muscle, is this a good dvd for me? like i said ive noticed my muscles becoming more defined and firm and i do like that, but i want to be thinner than i am, and dont want all my fat to turn into muscle. will i lose my fat if i do this workout continuously, or will it just turn it into muscle?

also, are there any other work out dvds like this one that you ladies recommend? i really love the energy and feel of this dvd and it doesnt get boring, and when i'm done i feel very satisfied and like i did a real hardcore work out. all of my body parts feel it and it's just a great satisfying feeling, so if you guys know of any other similar dvds like this i'd love to know so that i can alternate between them. thanks!
  • sunshyne0284
    sunshyne0284 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started as of yesturday on the DVD and started waist training. That was a great workout i really felt like the mom and daughter put a work in for people to get out of it.
  • sumthnncredible
    sumthnncredible Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hello, i just started using this dvd a few weeks ago and i've noticed some changes in my body already, such as building muscle and my butt has gotten more firm and a little bigger from the squats. i really like this dvd but i have a lot of belly fat and just general fat over all, and my question is, if i'm looking to lose fat AND build muscle, is this a good dvd for me? like i said ive noticed my muscles becoming more defined and firm and i do like that, but i want to be thinner than i am, and dont want all my fat to turn into muscle. will i lose my fat if i do this workout continuously, or will it just turn it into muscle?

also, are there any other work out dvds like this one that you ladies recommend? i really love the energy and feel of this dvd and it doesnt get boring, and when i'm done i feel very satisfied and like i did a real hardcore work out. all of my body parts feel it and it's just a great satisfying feeling, so if you guys know of any other similar dvds like this i'd love to know so that i can alternate between them. thanks!

I think this exercise dvd is mostly great for burning fat meaning cardio. However, if you want to tune up a little more include some more strength training into your regime, maybe 1-2 a wk.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I soooo want to log one of these workouts...

I've always wanted my black belt

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My hair gets wet everyday after/during Insanity but I still press play :laugh:

Every single day! Shaun T will get that hair soaked. People need to stop worry about their hairstyles and more about their bodies.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I soooo want to log one of these workouts...

Lol, you should!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Yes, we do and we workout hard!!!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Amazon recommended it to me. I do buy lots of fitness things with my account, but nothing to ever indicate I'm black (since I'm not black). It was really weird seeing it recommended, although I did laugh at the title. Glad you're enjoying it though!
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This thread should definitely keep going!!!! Good to see black people being health conscience!!!
  • twigi718
    twigi718 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,
    I would like to ask you if you don't mind did you continue with the BGW dvd, I ask because I recently came across it and was thinking of purchasing it. I was deterred by some of the reviews on Amazon but then my god sister told me that she also used it but that you need to use it along with the meal plan. I know she did have great results but I wanted to see how others faired before I purchased. Thank you for your time.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes hows the BGWT going!?
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Yes that's the spirit!!!!!!!!!
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this out too !! I'm so proud that we are running away from the stigma and empowering ourselves !!

You look like Meagan Good, for real!
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i've heard about that book. good for you, girl! keep up the fantastic work!
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    wow I have to check this dvd out. lol
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Can I do a black girls work out?

What is the dif between a black girls or white girls workout?

My question exactly. Apparently nobody can answer this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!