Ladies...Do married men constantly talk to you?

Options
leighkbayles
leighkbayles Posts: 40 Member
I seem to be the target for married men. I don't really know why. I'm in my twenties, single, and apparently too nice for my own good. Creepers pick me up on their radar pretty easily. I'm used to the lost puppies clinging on to me, but the number of married men that chat me up confuses me beyond recognition. What is it? I mean, I'm not going to lie and say I don't like the attention. I feel like talking is innocent enough,but then there are those key phrases that start alerting you that they are trying to move the conversation in a more inappropriate direction.

This has been going on for more than a year. I'm not a slut by any means, so what is the reasoning? I just don't get it.

tumblr_inline_n02wiu7ick1rlpk9c.gif

Replies

• SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    andrew-garfield-spiderman-cute-funny.gif
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I can take a hint. Not talking to anyone under 50 from now on.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    No idea really! I talk to lots of men and women on here, I do not ask. I am here for friends! Same goes with in person but I can not recall the last time anyone talked inappropriate to me! Ill just kick their *kitten* if they do! lol
  • leighkbayles
    Options
    No no no no....I'm not talking about anyone on here! Many married men that I know IN PERSON talk to me inappropriately.

:ohwell:
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have a close friend that is a male who is married, we talk, strictly friendly. But no, I don't have married men constantly talking to me. If so, I always assume it's strictly friendly until something completely inappropriate is being said. Maybe they are taking your kindness and seeing it as flirtatious? Mixed signals and what not. Who knows!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I seem to be the target for married men. I don't really know why. I'm in my twenties, single, and apparently too nice for my own good. Creepers pick me up on their radar pretty easily. I'm used to the lost puppies clinging on to me, but the number of married men that chat me up confuses me beyond recognition. What is it? I mean, I'm not going to lie and say I don't like the attention. I feel like talking is innocent enough,but then there are those key phrases that start alerting you that they are trying to move the conversation in a more inappropriate direction.

This has been going on for more than a year. I'm not a slut by any means, so what is the reasoning? I just don't get it.

tumblr_inline_n02wiu7ick1rlpk9c.gif

Those glasses say otherwise. Naughty librarian FTW. :bigsmile:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No no no no....I'm not talking about anyone on here! Many married men that I know IN PERSON talk to me inappropriately.

I raised three girls. 20's and 30's now. When they had a problem with older men being inappropriate with them, they let me know. I helped a couple of the older men understand that they were being inappropriate. Vigorously, in a couple of instances.
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options
    I have a close friend that is a male who is married, we talk, strictly friendly. But no, I don't have married men constantly talking to me. If so, I always assume it's strictly friendly until something completely inappropriate is being said. Maybe they are taking your kindness and seeing it as flirtatious? Mixed signals and what not. Who knows!

How YOU doin' Selly? :tongue:
  • leighkbayles
    Options
    Maybe they think I'm so insecure I'll do anything for attention/affection. :(
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I get this, I don't talk about it because people think I am either flirting or being vain.
    I am a *kitten* magnet, it has left me with a distrust of all men (I know it's not fair)

I think half my problem is that I have no idea I am being hit on until it's too late and then it's awkward.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I talk to guys all the time--married, single, doesn't matter. My husband lives 500 miles away but I'm not going to be a hermit. I smile, I'm friendly, but I'm not sending out signals that I want anything more than conversation. But no one has ever talked to me inappropriately that I can remember. Either the married men you're talking to are picking up on physical signals or word choices from you that make them think they have the green light...or these guys have no class.
  • leighkbayles
    Options
    I get this, I don't talk about it because people think I am either flirting or being vain.
    I am a *kitten* magnet, it has left me with a distrust of all men (I know it's not fair)

I think half my problem is that I have no idea I am being hit on until it's too late and then it's awkward.

I feel like this is my issue as well. I'm just a very friendly person. And I am highly sensitive and compassionate. I feel maybe that could ignite mixed feelings. :(
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I would say don't worry about it....unless they say something inappropriate, then let them know that it's not ok! If you ignore it or let is pass, they may take that as a clue that you are open to it.
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If any people talk to myself or my bf and we sense "flirting" or interest, we try to bring each other up in the convo to give them the hint. Lol Like, "Yeah my bf watches that show", or "my gf is always saying that". Where you are single, you can't really do that. But you can bring up THIER S/O. Ask "oh does your wife do that"...etc
    Just make sure if there is an inappropriate topic, to nip that in the bud or they will see it as a green light!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    hiss and or spit on them
  • leighkbayles
    Options
    hiss and or spit on them

I believe this is the best answer so far!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    hiss and or spit on them

I believe this is the best answer so far!

it is the only answer
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

You;re probably sending the wrong message. Avoid eye contact.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options

I feel like this is my issue as well. I'm just a very friendly person. And I am highly sensitive and compassionate. I feel maybe that could ignite mixed feelings. :(

I have been hit on in the strangest of places, once at the gym mid workout, all sweaty and minging and once while dressed as Sadako (Samara) from the ring!
    How is that a come-on? What is wrong with these people?
    And it never happens with hot single guys :(