For me, *this* is why WEIGHTS over CARDIO is KEY!

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing results!!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Wooooo! Love it!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing !!!
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Here are the routines I followed, over the last 21 months, from start-to-finish:

1. NROL4Women
    2. NROL4Abs
    3. NROL4Life
    4. Venus Index
    5. Strong Curves + Venus Factor, switching on-off
    6. Venus Advanced Series
    I'm just getting started with weight training and hadn't heard of NROL4W so thanks a ton for the info.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,942 Member
    Options
    Good repost, laurie04427.

For the last 6 months I have been doing the "Advanced Strength Series" offered by Venus.

But, in preparation for summer, I think I might re-do Phase 2/Venus. It had more upper-body focus, so great for arms/shoulders, etc.

Most of the lower-body work I do, now, is glutes and most of it is either moves taken from "Strong Curves" or the weighted glute bridges + weighted hip thrusts promoted by Bret Contreras ("The Glute Guy").
  • aspired2lift
    aspired2lift Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look great! :drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thank you!
  • beltrone
    beltrone Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Amazing- what gets me the most is that the pounds lost is so minimal for the visual progress. It looks like you lost 30 lbs instead of 15. I so need to start lifting, but don't know where to start!!!!

Pretty sure she did lost 30 lbs of pure fat, but she gained 15 lbs of muscles. That's why just 15 lbs weight difference look substantial. She was not obese or anywhere near to start with, it was just a case of poor fat distribution which ruined her figure. Now she looks balanced, in shape and toned.

Anyways keep doing cardio, its good for blood and lymph circulation. Just 30 mins casual walk is enough.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...I don't do a lot of cardio....but, I do always do SOME.

:smile:

The fact that I focus on heavy-free-weights with my exercise time does not mean I don't EVER do cardio....
  • rachelguy
    rachelguy Posts: 24
    Options
    So inspirational! Bump!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks rachelguy!
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That's why I'm joining you as from tomorrow...Ive heard enough of people telling me I will look like a man while I'm fat like an elephant.

You will NOT look like a man, that is a HUGE myth. Take a look at OP's pics. She looks amazingly feminine and toned. You will only bulk up to manly proportions if you WANT to and that would require supplements and an obscene amount of lifting. It's not easy so don't worry. LIFT AWAY! I lost about 70 pounds (lost some before MFP) in 5 months thanks to lifting!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    JackieRL, I remain SHOCKED at how many women think they will "bulk up" if they lift heavy things?!?!?!?!

Ummmmmmmmmmm, right, all those female bodybuilders just WOKE UP LIKE THAT ONE DAY, like by ACCIDENT. Come off it, people!! Wherever this "rumour" came from, it is TIME to start educating women/girls, of ALL ages, that strength-training, in and of itself, does NOT lead to "bulk". Period.

For women who really are training for olympic strength events, etc., I think they would LAUGH people off the face of the earth about "accidentally" looking like they do....
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!