Super skinny boyfriend comments on my weight ALL THE TIME

Options
This is long and kind of a personal rant- sorry in advance! But I'd appreciate some advice!!
I am 130-135 and 5'4. My lowest weight was 115 (and I was chubby then) before freshman year of college and I guess my highest is right now. I have a small body frame so I have like 30 extra pounds of fat!
The other day my boyfriend, who is not more than 120 pounds when he's got a heavy winter coat on, tried to get me to give him my new(ish) shorts that I was wearing by saying "You should let me wear those. They look too tight on you." They're baggy/sporty shorts and when I SHOWED him there was like a good 5 inches of elastic left he said "Oh wow." As in oh, wow, I thought there was no way you could fit into those but hey, what a surprise. like "wow, those must be some really magically stretchy pants to accommodate your enormous butt." I know I'm not misconstruing it because we've been together for YEARS and know what his tones mean by now. He often says stuff like "I can't believe you managed to squeeze into those jeans" or "how do you DO it?" <- when referring to how I managed to get a big butt b/c he has no butt at all.
He's like skeletal skinny because he has diabetes and I don't think the calories get absorbed and he is also active. He eats loads of foods and never gains a pound. He spent last week at my place and literally- over the course of the week he was at my place (I pay for my own food and rent, etc) he ate 6 entire boxes of the cereal I had (1 box was the family grande size). When there was no food left, he left. lol...
Also this weekend there was hardly any food in my place (because he ate it all) so I searched around and finally found some pasta and cooked it while he watched TV. He then said we should share it and while I was cleaning up the kitchen he ate almost all of it. I said "y'know I really want some spaghetti." He let me have most of what was left but in a sort of favor kind of way.
Then the next day while we were out he said "What's up with you these days? You used to just eat an apple a day. Now you're eating all the time." this stuff is really triggering- it either makes me want to fast all day, or sometimes it makes me binge for some reason- because it sounds like he's saying I should go back to eating nothing at all and I guess a part of me rebels and yells internally "HEY I buy my OWN food I should be able to eat if I want to!!"
So here's thing: before I met him I was a pretty healthy eater (after a childhood of candy bars and doritos I'd made a lifestyle change) and weighed 115 after a summer of exercising and eating right. Then we met and we would eat junk food together. he gave me my first piece of candy after a 5 month sugar hiatus.... lol. I gained maybe 10 pounds quickly (this was also freshman year of college so lots of changes and whatnot). To lose it I started copied his eating patterns. He used to not eat all day until 6pm or so and then he'd just eat 1000's of calories at once - mainly by going to relatives houses and eating everything in their cupboards b/c he never has a job or money. So I would fast all day and then try to eat only an apple when I got home. Which actually worked, weight wise, but I felt weak and loopy all the time! I used my college meal plan to feed HIM because he had no money, and I would eat junk food because it was cheap when I couldn't fast any longer. Then a year later we lived together and again he never wanted to buy the food yet wanted to eat it. Whenever I bought food he ate it all (this didn't happen just once, like on a regular basis) so I at first I didn't eat all day and made up for it by having a bag of candy at night to get my calories in, and tried not to buy food to save money. but then I got into the habit of binge eating whatever I could buy on the way to school. So that I wouldn't be hungry yet wouldn't be spending loads of money on food that he ended up eating! The food I bought tended to be high calorie sugary junk food, and I became an emotional eater on days when I didn't want to go back to the house, we were have relationship problems that year I think. Next year of college, I recently got my own place and started cooking healthy food, then he sort of moved in after a bad situation with his old place. Then he moved out sort of, but he shows up randomly for days/nights/weeks sometimes and the kitchen is always completely bare when he's gone. So I've gotten into the bad habit of -whenever he says he might come over- eating all the food I can eat just so he doesn't eat it! It's a really messed up situation! I mean- I know he needs the calories and I'm trying to lose weight so I don't WANT to binge and take out a few days worth of food at once- but if I don't eat it before he comes over it's always gone. And I'm on a budget so I can't afford to buy stuff that's supposed to last for a week and have it gone. I'm now in the bad habit of binging (never really purging tho because I feel like food=money and it'd be throwing it away even if I don't need the excess calories) I am a VERY money-conscious person, or I try to be.... And I'm just all messed up mentally right now b/c I know if I just ate wayyy less (like a 300 cal meal a day) I would both save money and lose weight- but I want to lose weight in a healthy way and count my calories right. But whenever i eat healthy food around him I feel self conscious because I can eat SO much of certain things and still have low calories, but he'll comment on how it looks like I'm eating alot. Or he'll just look at me all hungry-ish and i'll feel bad.

Does anyone out there have a super skinny boyfriend who seems like he can eat whatever he wants? And how do you deal with it if he makes comments about your weight? Or comments about your eating habits if you try to eat healthy? ORR if he eats all your food and never pays for anything?!

Replies

• Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should focus on losing more than just weight.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    So, what are his redeeming qualities?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    TL; DR

Dump him. He's an *kitten*.

and this
    0e0522fa213b2adec845bffb54840b39.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • rubyredargyle
    Options
    It sounds like you need to take a serious look at your relationship.
    Why are you with someone who makes you feel bad about yourself?
    Why are you supporting someone who doesn't want to support themselves?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you have selected this man/boy to be your boyfriend. He is disrespectful and doesn't pay his way. What could you possibly see in him? Those traits generally don't go away.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    just break up.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Lose the boyfriend as soon as possible. Put yourself first.
    Easy to say of course but if you can put it in practice, many of your issues disappear.
  • heyyoudontgiveup
    heyyoudontgiveup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    there's no way you were "chubby" at 115 either. he sounds like a jerk.
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You're going to hate what I have to say, but this guy is NOT for you. He criticizes how you look and he eats all your food. Listen to what you're saying. He's not loving you the way you'd like, he doesn't accept you as you are, and he is exploitive in taking advantage of your food situation.

I'm assuming you are young. I was the same way when I was your age. Don't settle for less than your worth. If you are choosing to be with this guy, then look at why your expectations are so low. Work on yourself. Love yourself. I only wish I'd done that when I was your age. This kind of relationship can be devastating to your self-esteem and if you don't work to end it, it will only get worse.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    A dude who doesn't understand why your butt is bigger than his is probably someone you should stop talking to.

Just tossing that out there.
  • RushBabe_214
    Options

TL; DR......but ^^^ this.
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I only read the first paragraph and I'm wondering why you're still with him???
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think you should set him straight. If he's being that unsupportive, he needs a kick in the A.
  • curvymeg
    curvymeg Posts: 1
    Options
    You definitely 100% need to not have someone in your life who will make you feel uncomfortable about something as simple as eating! It seems pretty clear that you should not have this man in your life. A man who makes you feel less than beautiful, AND also eats all your cereal!? NOPE! You're better than that.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    He seriously sounds like a weight around your neck.

I don't have much to say other than YOU control what you eat, how much and how, and you need to learn that his comments come from a moocher who doesn't understand what it costs to feed yourself, let alone any sponge who walks in and eats all your stuff at irregular intervals.

Good luck with whatever you do, it sounds like a crappy situation that needs to change. You should have a serious talk with this guy about what you need, because he sure doesn't sound like he gives a cr*p about you.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options

So this.
  • blueberrykitten
    blueberrykitten Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are 5 foot 4 and weigh 130 to 135 pounds? I am 5 foot 3 and weigh 126 to around 130 or so. It just changes all of the time with the time of the month and all of that. I would say we are about the same size but I have a medium frame (I have super broad shoulders for a women, it runs in the family!) and you claim to have a small frame... Still not much of a difference. You sound healthy, in my opinion. If you want to, just start taking walks and cut out junk food and sodas.

By the way, my boyfriend is 5 foot 6 and weighs maybe 130 pounds. He is extremely skinny, and has narrower shoulders than me. And he says he loves how much a weigh and he does not think skinny girls are attractive. He makes me feel good about myself... Your boyfriend sounds mean. I would not want to be with someone who made comments like that.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Time to change your facebook status to single.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    He spent last week at my place and literally- over the course of the week he was at my place (I pay for my own food and rent, etc) he ate 6 entire boxes of the cereal I had (1 box was the family grande size). When there was no food left, he left. lol...

And it all comes together.