I URGE ANYONE WHOS TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT TO READ

Options

Replies

• Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wandered in here because generally any topics that are written in all caps are sure to be hilarious. Thanks for the early morning laugh.
    Mmmm, Coke.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    > 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism

So you're saying I need to drink more coke?
    Oh yeah that too.
    Also interesting how apparently your liver turns all sugar drectly into fat, unless it's flooding your body with sugar for some reason.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    It's really too early for this
    It's never too early for a good laugh. But beware! Laughing releases dopamine, which also happens when you take heroin.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    All the Whos in Whoville want to lose the weight. It would be great. Then they could skate first rate. They better not wait.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That's why I stick to Fanta orange....the real stuff from Mexico.

Oh my god, so good! Could guzzle those all day! This is why I'm so disappointed that my job no longer requires trips to Mexico City... that and the frequent flyer miles... :grumble:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    All I really took out of that is "Coke raises your metabolism". I guess I need to drink more.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

This was my favorite. "Yeah, let's compare dopamine release to heroin, to illustrate how dangerous it is!"

Of course your brain also releases dopamine any time you have a good workout, eat something tasty, have sex, etc. But they went right for heroin...wonder why?
    The author has obviously also given up tasty food and sex 'cause heroin...

LOL Agreed
  • MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Why would sugar make you vomit? Our bodies love sugar. That's why we crave it. You could eat 10 teaspoons of sugar on it's own and it wouldn't cause you to vomit. It's got nothing to do with phosphoric acid.

I stopped reading after that part. That article doesn't deserve any more of my time.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    "Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? Because it gets you high. They removed the cocaine almost 100 years ago. Why? It was redundant.

In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down."

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha

I'd hate to think of what happens when I have whiskey and coke!

:drinker:
  • webneb
    webneb Posts: 41 Member
    Options

ok well these are supported facts if you think its all scare monging blah blah then drink it to your hearts content I don't really care. The fact is coke and post mix syrups are so incredibly bad for you its a joke. Feel free to drink it but as far as somethings say post workout there a million other things that are better for you and the sugar levels in syrup, coke and energy drinks are off the charts. Like I said just pointing out to people who want to lose weight that water is your friend.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    For everyone mocking the article - I think there's fairly conclusive evidence that coke is linked to things like obesity.

How long has Santa been trying to shift the extra LB's?

widget_bZ50LYaqjjiR2A4PJvVvz1.jpg
  • zoquo
    zoquo Posts: 75
    Options
    Ok i didn't even bother going to the site as after seeing everyones posts it sounds like its not worth it. HOWEVER sodas/coke and all that crap is HORRIBLE for your body. All those chemicals some of which are not fit to even enter the body. Just because the FDA say its safe for human consumption doesn't mean that it is! You want to have a sweet drink then drink a passionfruit juice or prune juice. There are so many sweet alternatives.

Peace
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

ok well these are supported facts if you think its all scare monging blah blah then drink it to your hearts content I don't really care. The fact is coke and post mix syrups are so incredibly bad for you its a joke. Feel free to drink it but as far as somethings say post workout there a million other things that are better for you and the sugar levels in syrup, coke and energy drinks are off the charts. Like I said just pointing out to people who want to lose weight that water is your friend.

Water is your friend because it has 0 calories. That's the only reason I stopped drinking soda. I'd rather eat my calories. And about sugar levels, don't bananas have about as much sugar? Should I stop eating bananas too?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Oh geez.
    I need more coffee.
  • webneb
    Options
    Thank you to those who have common sense enough to understand the implications of refined sugar on the body. yeah sure body loves sugar but not in doses so high that all it can is store it. Like I said drink it I dont care all I drink now is water. Fullstop. Ripped and happy, are you!
  • webneb
    Options
    Theres a huge difference between refined sugars and Low GI sugars google it if you have doubts
  • webneb
    Options
    I do believe alot of you are suffering from a severe degree of lack of info if you dont believe what i posted than drink coke all day everyday and see how you go ... Ripped and happy :P
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    For everyone mocking the article - I think there's fairly conclusive evidence that coke is linked to things like obesity.

How long has Santa been trying to shift the extra LB's?

widget_bZ50LYaqjjiR2A4PJvVvz1.jpg

I am not going to join in the mocking, but I will say that I drink coke and I can assure you I am not obese. I do however drink water more than anything else. I say it's about moderation. But, I do get what you are saying.
  • webneb
    Options
    Theres a huge difference between refined sugars and Low GI sugars google it if you have doubts