coffee

Options

Replies

• Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I hardly drink coffee anymore but when I do it's with honey and unsweetened almond milk. I tried to take it without any sweet but gack! need some sweetness in it
  • inciteme
    inciteme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just switched to black, stopped using flavored cream cold turkey, after about a week i don't miss it. :)
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Black. Strong and Bitter...

Speaking of which... Better chug mine down before it gets cold!

Not where I thought you were going with that...
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Coffee is an extremely important part of my morning. We also tend to make our strong, so I use regular half & half and some sugar. I do like flavored creamers, but I'm starting to think the calorie overload isn't worth it.

With a lighter-brewed coffee, I can get away with just creamer, but I cannot drink it black. If there's no creamer, I'll use milk, but it's not the same.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    the Girl Scouts Samoa flavored creamer.

:noway: This... this is a thing that exists? Oh man.

No kidding... I definitely need to find these alleged Girl Scout creamers! I usually just use a couple packets of sweetener and either a little skim milk, sugar free liquid creamer, or protein powder.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    double/triple short Espresso no sugar/sweetener/milk (except if it turns out to be crap coffee or poorly made then some sugar to take the edge of the bitterness) otherwise i don't drink coffee, I drink a lot of tea though (with a little stevia usually if it is strong black tea)
  • bads1
    bads1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Black. I used to serve it to people at Mcd's in the mid 90's, before they put cream and sugar in for you. People would spill coffee in their car between their legs all the time trying to add the cream and sugar. So I decided black was the way to go.
  • jenn_ed
    jenn_ed Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee strong, topped with steamed skim milk. Sometimes I'll add a touch of maple syrup.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    With half & half and sweetener. I usually use Splenda, but recently discovered the monk fruit stuff. I like it a lot. Way better than Stevia. I usually use about 100 calories worth of cream a day.
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I drink lattes: espresso with 2% milk and sugar free caramel syrup. Have a Tassimo so i make them myself- save so much money.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Never "dripped," only pressed. I have several presses so that I don't have to tote them back and forth to different fire houses for shifts, I just keep one at each, with my special one at home. And STRONG; forget that 1 scoop for every 8 ounces. My 27 ounce press gets 7 scoops of perfection. And only Colter Coffee Organic Thunderbolt goes into the press....I love rich, dark coffee but hate the "bright acidity" that seems to be so prevalent and that seems to burn a hole in my stomach lining. No such nonsense in this roast. Delish!
    I make my own "creamer" with 1:4 mix of 1 part heavy whipping cream to 4 parts SO No sugar added Vanilla Coconut Milk. A sprinkle of cinnamon a splash of pure vanilla extract, shake it up, a dollop in the cup...and welcome to Coffee Heaven!
    Wow! Reading back over this it makes me sound like a bit of a coffee freak...if the shoe fits, I guess! lol :drinker:
  • Jess1caLe
    Jess1caLe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Coffee, espresso, Americano...all black, no cream or sugar. Please and thank you. :smile:
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Mount Haagen organic instant coffee with coconut milk creamer. nom nom. Coffee is the second most heavily pesticide and insecticide sprayed crop. First being cotton.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Black...but I've had to cut it out completely and I miss it so much! Now I have tea with milk and sugar. It. is. not. the. same.
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Green tea for me C:
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Black, strong, and scalding hot.
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Very strong with 2 sweet and low
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Community New Orleans Blend medium roast with chicory. Every.single.morning. I used to add skim milk and splenda, but I've chnaged to unsweetened almond coconut milk. And I'm trying to phase out the sucralose in favor of stevia, but the taste is taking some getting used to.
  • herangel3
    herangel3 Posts: 32
    Options
    I use instant coffee in my morning smoothie, add a little Hershey's cocoa, almond milk and protein powder and I have lovely tasting Frappe.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Stopped putting sugar in my coffee when I was a teenager. I have it black if I am also having yogurt, I have it with skimmed milk if I am not having yogurt. I cold brew my coffee, very smooth and not bitter.