• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    848667_zps622c993d.gif
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is so inspirational.

I'm working on strength, grip strength, flexibility etc and doing machines and bodyweight until I have the basics ready for freeweights. I'm so excited and apprehensive at the same time.

You all look amazing :)
  • I love this thread.

tumblr_moz1bxCW421s0e8ajo1_500.gif

Edited to add DINOSAUR!

Now I want to jump rope! This is a great thread, amazing pics OP! What gets me roaring? Adding minutes on my stair master hell session, upped it five minutes today which is 45 minutes in a row of various levels. I also love seeing my last workout and upping my set, rep, or weight. Makes me feel proud. I however hate looking like a soaking wet homeless dog when leaving the gym, lol
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness! Can't wait until I have more definition. I started lifting heavy in January and can already see some good results.
  • krispy1982
    krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You gals are so inspiring, so strong and look so awesome! I wish I LOVED to lift heavy. I do it anyway because I know I need to, but I just don't love it and I wish I did because it would definitely make it more fun! I think if I had a buddy, I would like it more, but if feels more like a chore right now. I could, however, swim, bike, walk my pups in the mountain and punch a bag forever. Love, love, love, swimming the most!

I love swimming too!! Something about the way the water kind of makes your own special cocoon and you're completely enveloped and protected from everything. It somehow pushes against you and with you at the same time. Ah!! Now I wanna go to the pool!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I can't wait to feel confident enough to do this.

The best thing that ever happened to my confidence was to just do it. :flowerforyou:
  • browingfirearms
    Options
    just here to creep on a chick who lifts. :bigsmile:
    this guy :drinker:
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.

Edited to add DINOSAUR!

I love this GIF!!!!

I know right?

Serious question though, who takes pictures/vids of you ladies who posted pics? Do you go with friends or ask a random stranger?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.

Edited to add DINOSAUR!

I love this GIF!!!!

I know right?

Serious question though, who takes pictures/vids of you ladies who posted pics? Do you go with friends or ask a random stranger?

I prop my phone up and video when lifting as I like to check my form between sets. The ones I posted were from a PL meet and were taken by someone else.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I love this thread.

[snip]
    Edited to add DINOSAUR!

I love this GIF!!!!

I know right?

My husband takes mine.

Which is why I don't have a recent one to post.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't work out with my boyfriend. =/ I want to find a friend to go lifting with but don't know how.

I do know i want to be RAAWWRRR lifting!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I don't work out with my boyfriend. =/ I want to find a friend to go lifting with but don't know how.

I do know i want to be RAAWWRRR lifting!

I workout alone, and prefer it that way. I only ask him to come along if I need photos/video. And now we have a home gym so that helps.

I'm an introvert so I'm not much help on the finding a lifting buddy front, but I hope you find someone. :flowerforyou:
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    What an amazing and timely post for me! OP and all of you women are amazing, inspirational and motivating.
    I really had no idea that so many women were transforming their bodies with heavy lifting until I joined MFP. I started reading any thread that was about lifting, I just finished reading "New Rules of lifting for women" I joined an amazing gym and just met with a trainer on Tuesday to get an idea of my starting work weight and form. I am so freaking pumped and excited! And a friend at work is giving me a bench, bar and weights, grabbing them Saturday, I'll be RRRRAAAAAAWWWWWWWIIINNGGG in no time! Thank you all and thanks for this thread!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Here are a couple of old ones. They're very nearly a year old now, so my form and weights have much improved. :blushing:

1x5rs_zpseec77834.gif

1wysr_zpsb4bff06b.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of old ones. They're very nearly a year old now, so my form and weights have much improved. :blushing:

1x5rs_zpseec77834.gif

1wysr_zpsb4bff06b.gif

I :heart: these!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    rawrrrrwed for me when I hit 20 reps at 170 squat. WOOT WOOT!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    did you get all the weight equipment off of craigslist?
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You gals are so inspiring, so strong and look so awesome! I wish I LOVED to lift heavy. I do it anyway because I know I need to, but I just don't love it and I wish I did because it would definitely make it more fun! I think if I had a buddy, I would like it more, but if feels more like a chore right now. I could, however, swim, bike, walk my pups in the mountain and punch a bag forever. Love, love, love, swimming the most!

I love swimming too!! Something about the way the water kind of makes your own special cocoon and you're completely enveloped and protected from everything. It somehow pushes against you and with you at the same time. Ah!! Now I wanna go to the pool!!

Ditto!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Ditto!

Oh I totally agree! There is something so freeing about swimming. I love front crawl and pushing hard, but there is something even more about swimming underwater, and just playing. It's like underwater dance.

*happy sighs*
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    rawrrrrwed for me when I hit 20 reps at 170 squat. WOOT WOOT!

YESSS!!! That's so inspiring. I had a bit of a panic moment yesterday when I was doing dumbbell squats. I only had 40lbs in dumbbells, but when I'd come out of my squat and push the dumbbells over my head, I'd lose balance. Makes me freaked out a little to use the squat rack. I don't need to be falling into the mirror. I'm going to continue my dumbbell squats and work on my balance for a little while longer I guess.