• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Dominos?

Pizza Hut?!?

For shame.

Clearly, you know nothing of pizza.

2hg8she.jpg

That looks like something that requires a plate and fork to eat.
    It's pie, not pizza.
    DELICIOUS pie, but still pie.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    In UK.

Pizza Hut - is yum however, it's super salty and gives my husband the shi....
    To the point that 7hrs later he'll 'never have another one' - until next time.
    I HAVE to try the cheese burger crust. It just has to be done. As soon as I feel I've earned a reward this is what it'll be - just out of curiosity.

Dominos - is also yum, slightly less plastic, if you know what I mean, their stuffed crust is far superior

Pappa Johns is pants.

Pizza Express omg omg omg! Is THE finest. Any Pizzeria that puts a sunny side up egg on your pizza, makes dough balls to die for and has garlic butter that gives you bad breath for days - wins!

oh yeah pizza express... I've been outside the UK too long, I'd forgotten about them... YES they are definitely the best UK pizza chain.... and their doughballs..... :love:
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Dominoes wouldn't be my first pick, but my little girl and I are sitting anyways with thin crust dominoes and vanilla ice cream at 5:00am:).

She has been away. It made me so happy because she is happy:)

:drinker: to that
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Dominos?

Pizza Hut?!?

For shame.

2hg8she.jpg

It's pie, not pizza.

but isn't pizza the Italian word for pie? And some people call it pizza-pie

and lets not argue about semantics let's just eat it...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I grew up in this tiny little town in New York and we had this AMAZNIG pizza chain in town (there were two or three of them, but only where I lived -- totally local and SSSSOOOOO GOOD!). It's called Picnic Pizza.

I live in Tallahassee now and my BFF from childhood lives in Jacksonville. Well, one daya Picnic Pizza popped up near Jax Beach and we thought maybe someone from the family that owned OUR Picnic Pizza moved there and opened one. I mean, it isn't an obvious name for a pizza place, right? Well, she finally got to go and she said not only is it the same people, but it was BETTER than the original. So I was so excited that on my next visit to Jax I would get to try some.

The freaking place burned down the next day. The Universe doesn't want me to have good pizza.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Dominoes wouldn't be my first pick, but my little girl and I are sitting anyways with thin crust dominoes and vanilla ice cream at 5:00am:).

She has been away. It made me so happy because she is happy:)

:drinker: to that

x10. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I grew up in this tiny little town in New York and we had this AMAZNIG pizza chain in town (there were two or three of them, but only where I lived -- totally local and SSSSOOOOO GOOD!). It's called Picnic Pizza.

I live in Tallahassee now and my BFF from childhood lives in Jacksonville. Well, one daya Picnic Pizza popped up near Jax Beach and we thought maybe someone from the family that owned OUR Picnic Pizza moved there and opened one. I mean, it isn't an obvious name for a pizza place, right? Well, she finally got to go and she said not only is it the same people, but it was BETTER than the original. So I was so excited that on my next visit to Jax I would get to try some.

The freaking place burned down the next day. The Universe doesn't want me to have good pizza.

How did it rate on Detective Sully's - Pizza blog (did it have good mouth feel)?
  • rml_16
    Options
    Those poor kids.... :(

Totally unnecessary comment. I am sure the kids are fine. She never said that their entire diet consists of Dominos and McDonalds.
    Maybe the poster just meant that Papa John's is better. ;-)

^i think you're right. I mean, to be fair, it was like eating little bits of cardboard with stuff on top IMO. She would disagree however:)

lol

How did it rate on Detective Sully's - Pizza blog (did it have good mouth feel)?
    That I do not know. I only know it's yummy. And now I want to visit my hometown and eat pizza.

Thanks, Raspberry. Thank you SO VERY MUCH. Gah.

Forget those poor kids. It's all about poor RML now.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Dude, you could at least spring for Pizza Hut or something. Domino's is blech. ;)

dunno if it's different where you live, but where I live Dominos is better pizza than pizza hut, but Papa Johns is the best of all.

^ THIS!!

PAPA JOHNS is soooo much better than Dominos and Pizza Hut (Ok if you like sub standard greasy fried base pizza)
    I always think the base in Pizza hut taste like a fried donut!

Papa Johns is only eaten by the ignorant in our area. Once I found out the STD infected employees were hooking up where they made the pizza's I vowed to never eat there again. It's been 6 years.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Dude, you could at least spring for Pizza Hut or something. Domino's is blech. ;)

Not sure how messed up things are in the USA, but in the UK Domino's crust and BBQ base sauce are superior!

I live in the U.S., and in my opinion, Pizza Hut tastes like feet in comparison to Domino's.

If there's a Jet's Pizza near you go there. It blows every other major chain out of the water. The square deep dish with turbo crust is amazing.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Dominos?

Pizza Hut?!?

For shame.

2hg8she.jpg

It's pie, not pizza.

but isn't pizza the Italian word for pie? And some people call it pizza-pie

and lets not argue about semantics let's just eat it...

I dunno. You're probably right about the word "pizza"
    But when I stagger through the French Quarter at 1 AM, I would be unable to juggle my tasty beverage and a slice of that deliciousness. I'd end up dropping one or the other, and that would be a real shame.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options

dunno if it's different where you live, but where I live Dominos is better pizza than pizza hut, but Papa Johns is the best of all.

Second this!!
  • rml_16
    Options

^ THIS!!

PAPA JOHNS is soooo much better than Dominos and Pizza Hut (Ok if you like sub standard greasy fried base pizza)

Papa Johns is only eaten by the ignorant in our area. Once I found out the STD infected employees were hooking up where they made the pizza's I vowed to never eat there again. It's been 6 years.

EEEEWWWW!!!!

I go for the local pizza when I live somewhere that has good local pizza. Sadly, I do not live in such a place at the moment. But we have Marco's here, which is a smaller chain and you can get garlic butter crust and it's devine. So I don't do Papa John's anymore because Marco's.

The man gets Dominoes because it's cheap and he's from the South and doesn't know anything about pizza.
  • neandermagnon
    Options

^ THIS!!

okay so you're claiming that employees who have STDs were having sex on the same work surfaces that they use to prepare the pizza (presumably without wiping them down first)

how did you find this out? how did you verify that the information was true? what actions did the restaurant chain take against the employees who did this?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I have to say, Mad Mushroom (stoner owned an operated) is the best pizza near college towns in Indiana. They have places near Purdue and Indiana U. And one location is a block from my house.. It's a double edged sword: It's walking distance but we order it more than we should!

mad-mushroom-pizza.jpg
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Not sure how messed up things are in the USA, but in the UK Domino's crust and BBQ base sauce are superior!

I live in the U.S., and in my opinion, Pizza Hut tastes like feet in comparison to Domino's.

Well, I will admit that I haven't had Domino's since they changed their game a few years back. We don't have one where we live now. All I know is I always HATED Domino's when I was in high school and college.

Dominos has revamped their pizza and is now MUCH MUCH better than pizza hut. Plus Dominos has a gluten free option which is very good.
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    In UK.

Pizza Hut - is yum however, it's super salty and gives my husband the shi....

Yes! I have this liver/blood condition, and Pizza Hut/Dominos/Superfry all set me off.
    Pizza Express omg omg omg! Is THE finest. Any Pizzeria that puts a sunny side up egg on your pizza, makes dough balls to die for and has garlic butter that gives you bad breath for days - wins!

Pizza Express is my favourite, as it is the only one that doesn't upset my digestive system.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

Second this!!

Papa John's Spinach Alfredo pizza is the best!! :love:
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have to say, Mad Mushroom (stoner owned an operated) is the best pizza near college towns in Indiana. They have places near Purdue and Indiana U. And one location is a block from my house.. It's a double edged sword: It's walking distance but we order it more than we should!

mad-mushroom-pizza.jpg

Drooooool!!!!!! That looks DELISH!!!!:love:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

EEEEWWWW!!!!

I go for the local pizza when I live somewhere that has good local pizza. Sadly, I do not live in such a place at the moment. But we have Marco's here, which is a smaller chain and you can get garlic butter crust and it's devine. So I don't do Papa John's anymore because Marco's.

The man gets Dominoes because it's cheap and he's from the South and doesn't know anything about pizza.

Agreed with local Pizza - that's why I miss Toronto. I am now stuck in small town with chain pizza :sick: