Any women over 45 out there trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Intrigue123
    Intrigue123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes I am over45 and trying to loose 100 lbs, so far I lost 10 lbs in six weeks, I used to be able to take 10 lbs off in a week, such. Struggle.
  • sbrcih
    sbrcih Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone - I'd love to join! I'm 45, trying to loses 15 lbs. before the summer... I've tried WW before with success, but it crept back on over the past couple of years. I've been on this site before but never really stuck with it...Need the motivation that a group like this can give me!
  • sassy247
    sassy247 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    45 here. . . yikes! I think that is the first time I was honest about my age. I have 50 pounds I would like to lose and have been slowly widdling that down. I have been watching my carb intake and slowly added exercise. I am so surprised at how my body feels with just a few pounds down. No more acid reflux, my knees do not hurt as much as they did and it is easier to get up from floor after playing with the kids. Feel free to add me, I will share my motivations and provide cheers whenever necessary!
  • RenaHewitt
    RenaHewitt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I am going to be 47 this year - when did that happen??!!?? And have more than 40 to loose- this is a great forum for support and motivation!
  • torrance86
    torrance86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I will be 46 next month and would love to lose inches off my hips, butt and thighs. I'm 5'6" and weigh 139 but can't seem to get motivated. Living in the midwest I tend to be a seasonal exerciser. I hate the cold and we've had the worst and longest winter ever this year. I'm literally sick of seeing flab and rolls in the mirror. Clothes hide a lot through the winter. Each year I tell myself this is the summer I will look "hot". Well summer will be here before you know it.but But I can't seem to get myself motivated. I just ended my subscription with WW but love to eat healthy. I dont have any problems with the eating part, it's the exercise part (and mind set). I need all the help and support I can get.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Lost 23 and fell in love with hard core workout. My journey started when I was 42. Baby steps really work. Find something you LIKE. If running is not your thing, find something else. So many fun stuff out there to get your pumped :) Good luck. Oh, I was rather sedentary before, so seriously, it is not difficult, as long as you do not set unrealstic goals. No 10 pounds by next month thingy, if you know what I mean!
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 years young and have lost almost 50 lbs. with mostly just a calorie deficit although I've recently started adding exercise. I won't say it's been easy, but MFP has really helped a lot to make it easi-ER. :) I've learned so much about how to be healthier and more fit since I started last July. Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • wjfairman
    wjfairman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and started working out least June and have gained 10 pounds. I work out 4 to 5 days a week with 45 minutes cardio at least and 45 minutes strength training. I've been told that I don't eat enough to lose weight. I need to lose 40 at least but not giving up. I also run some, this week I've ran 4 miles.
  • tinasturn
    tinasturn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 47 and want to lose about 40 lbs. I just joined MFP two weeks ago and loving all the support. I am also looking for new friends to join me in this new life style.
  • MelissaLee016
    MelissaLee016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'll be 45 this summer, and this is my second attempt to get to a healthy weight after having my son 2 years ago. I lost 30 lbs, got down to 168 (I'm 5'5") then put 10 back on. I'd like to blame the holidays, that I have a "desk job", sleep deprivation... Fact is, I was very active prior to my pregnancy, went to the gym daily, had a trainer and nutritionist. I know what to do to get a great workout at home. I feel so scatter-brained since having my son that the day is gone before I know it and I'm exhausted. I've started pushing myself again - and it is a struggle to do so - to get to a park or just outside, with my son in a jogging stroller, and walk AT LEAST a half hour at as fast a pace as possible. In the past two weeks, I've done this four times. I've done three days of body-weight exercises for about 20 minutes: squats, lunges, planks, mountain climbers, burpees... I'm going to try to keep going. I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone! I'd love to "partner up" with anyone who'd like to do so, get any tips or hints, etc. Two things that are a concern to me right now: 1) I need to find a really great exercise bra, for big-chested women (I'm talking 40 E/F since this baby). I have bought several with no luck. Breast reduction will be done in the fall, during my business' slow time, thankfully! Any recommendations are appreciated! and 2) I have ADHD and started my meds again last week. It leaves me with no appetite until later in the day. Is this going to "sabotage" my progress? I'm luck if I can take in 1000 calories, and I try to eat but forcing makes me feel sick.
  • Grammanut
    Grammanut Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hiya, 45 here and 40 lbs goal. Just joined MFP today. This site is really encouraging so far!!!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Joined in Sept 2013. If you want support and can give some back, feel free to add me as friend. :)
  • GingerPeachLass
    GingerPeachLass Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, feel free to add me!
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and trying to lose 50-70 pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • ginamfirth
    Options
    I'm there with you! Just turned 50, and gained about 20 lbs in one year when I hit menopause. I'm using the blood sugar solution diet by Dr. Mark Hyman and it is actually working! I also started with a personal trainer last week and hope this helps.
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    yes I am 59 and need to loose 50 lbs, it is so hard the older you get but you have to persevere, I had a setback new hip last year and just had my gallbladder out then had a rotten cold and sinus infection for 10 days. But now to get back at it it takes time we are not young any more even though I feel like I am 30 feel free to add me
  • summerjoy87
    summerjoy87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will be 45 this year - just have a few pounds to get back to where I want to be, but I struggle with exercise! We just bought an eliptical and we have a treadmill. I love Zumba, but we don't have a good class near me. :( I just finished school and with the kids getting older (along with me!), I have decided to concentrate on my health. Feel free to add me!

Thanks!
  • summerjoy87
    summerjoy87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Maybe we can help each other! I am fine with the eating too, but exercise is not my fav! I live in the Midwest and it has been a horrible winter. In fact, we got more snow today! ugh! Feel free to add me and maybe we can both be ready for summer when it decides to finally get here! :smile:
  • KimberlyLenz
    KimberlyLenz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 45. I lost 70 pounds in about a year. The last 20 pounds was when I was on myfitnesspal. I stopped doing my fitness pal & I gained back 9 pounds. I'm rejoining so I can lose what I gained. Feel free to add me. Good luck to you. You can do it!
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'>m 57 and need to lose 60-75 lbs. I've lost 16 lbs. I'm eating a diet low in carbs and sugars and high in protein. The protein keeps me satisfied. I've been obese about 14 years. Congrats on your decision. Feel free to add me as a friend. I log in every day.