December Ellipitcal Challenge?

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    3 miles at 5 a.m. then on my feet for 7 hours straight! I and my ankles are tired tonite!
    27.75 done! see ya tomorrow!!
  • hmsteph
    Options
    So I am a little late in joining but I have knee issues too and the elliptical is my favorite. This will be a great challenge and better late than never right :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    Options
    Welcome to ALL the new joinies!!

Another 3 miles in 28 minutes this early morn and now I am off to finish the shopping! 30.75 done! Yeah!!!!
  • anghahnmowry
    Options
    Did not get to the gym for the last 2 days! But I did today and my new total is 38.15!!! Only 11.85 miles to go!!! YEAH!!!!
  • hmsteph
    Options
    3 more miles today woot woot!
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    no elliptical time for me yesterday or today. HOPEFULLY I can get there in the morning to get some time in. Teaching Monday and Tuesday but for sure I'll get time Weds, Thurs and Fri this week. Hoping to pass the 40 mile mark by Friday the 17th.

Keep it up everyone!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Another 5 miles today to make it 35.75!!
  • frankborelli
    Options
    4.6 scheduled for me in the morning will put me over 30. I think in January we'll have to make this a 75 mile challenge?

Keep going!!!
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    4 miles today! 8 so far... I don't think I am going to get to 100. I also have a question. My elliptical keeps track of strides, not mileage. Does anyone know the typical strides in a mile? I hope I am calculating correctly! Good job every one ;)
  • vhuber
    Options
    I have NO idea maybe Google it and see what it says!

Did another kick *kitten* cruise this morning. 3 miles in 28 minutes. Now I am off to sit in a waiting room while my 80 yr old mother who fell and broke her ankle in 3 places has surgery!! This is why I try to keep activity going so my bones stay strong!!! I have 38.75 miles in and may try to hop on after I get back this evening, sitting like that bothers me!!!
    Keep on keeping on challengers!!!:tongue:
  • frankborelli
    Options
    Thanks to circumstances beyond my control I didn't get to the gym today to get my elliptical time in. TOMORROW MORNING I'll be there as soon as my son is on the bus.

Strides per mile... I can check for you tomorrow. I go 120 strides per minute for 33 minutes to get 2.3 miles. Doing the math that means about 1722 strides is a mile.
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I did 2 miles today, but my plantar fasciliatis is acting up (because I haven't really rested it). So, tomorrow I am going to take it easy and maybe get a tae boe work out in! *** 10 miles so far***
  • frankborelli
    Options
    nakitadawn: Keep rockin' it. You can make the 50 mile mark!
    vhuber: my prayers for a good strong recovery for your mom.

Off to the gym for me after dropping my son at school. No bus this morning because he had a concert last night and is being a typical teen this morning. Gym about 8:00 eastern, so by around 9 I'll have added another 4.6 miles.

Keep it up!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I got in a 5.25 mile cruise AFTER a 4.50 mile run! That will put me at 44 miles!!!!
    Come on troup we can do this!!!!!
  • frankborelli
    Options
    Only got 2.3 done yesterday but am still on clear course for more than 50 by end of month. Going to raise the bar for January!!!

Keep up the great work everyone! (vhuber is pulling us along!)
  • vhuber
    Options
    I'm still at 44 miles today because I chose to run outside again after washing some walls and ceilings! I will try to hit the finish line tomorrow, Frank you did have us set at 50 miles right? I will go past it cuz I enjoy the elliptical!
  • frankborelli
    Options
    Yes, ma'am it was a December Elliptical Challenge to go 50 miles (or more) on an elliptical this month. I'll get past 50 as well, but not as far as you! Of course, if I had one in MY living room... ;-)

Keep it up!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Yeah I hit the finish line with my 6 miles today!!! I will keep posting as I cruise along!!! Where is everybody???
  • frankborelli
    Options
    I am SO frustrated! Thanks to weather yesterday and today schools have been closed. No chance to go to the gym. I'm putting a Precor elliptical on my Christmas list next year! I'll have to settle for burning calories at home today but am not getting any elliptical miles in. Holding at 29 for the month so far...
  • frankborelli
    Options
    Hey all!!! What's the progress? Who's on track? December is almost 2/3 over so we should all be at least about 31 miles in (give or take).

I'm at 29 and holding for the past several days. Due to weather I haven't been able to get to the gym. Thank goodness that'll change tomorrow!! (maybe even today).