April Running Challange

Options
Stoshew71
Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
Hi everyone. This is a continuation from the March Running Challange.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1213605-march-running-challange

Anyone can join in. New & Old. Here the details from last month that applies here again.

Anybody want to join me for a running challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here. You can post your progress by creating a ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com

You can run, walk, or do treadmill. Just be consistent. I am setting a goal for 130 miles again (failed it in February due to injuries). Don't let that worry you. Some can do 25, 50; whatever you like. We can help motivate each other. What do you say? if you are new to running, set a low goal.

You can set your goal now but wait till April 1 to log your runs.

Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

If you go into your ticker page, I think the link is:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8 << may be slightly different

Then you go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
Then where it says "Your current cumlative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumlative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

So it will look like this after you post:

exercise.png

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag

Good luck! And happy running (or walking or treadmilling, ect). If you have any trouble or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Options
    I have a half marathon in April 13th and will need to taper just before that. I may rest some after the event. So I will try for a goal this month of 100 miles. Last 2 months I have failed because of my injury on my left leg, but it feels better now. We will see.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a marathon relay on May 10th.
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    EvenThatNameIsTaken Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Excellent :) I'll be joining in again this month, thanks for keeping it going! Going for 50 miles again this month.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I am in for my half marathon training.

exercise.png
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    exercise.png

Setting a goal of 50 miles this month. It's very doable for me but I struggle with consistency.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I want to get back at it again, I'm in for a minimum of 25. My focus is going to be primarily on cycling and Insanity though.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Going to keep my goal at 100 for April. I've got my goal 5k coming up on April 19th and my stroller half marathon is on May 18th. So I've got a lot of running to do. I will be on vacation next week, but i plan to get my 16 mile long run done on the beach and some shorter runs as well.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is 50 miles. I'll cut back a bit before my April 13 half, and am not sure what my plan is for the rest of the month.
  • LauraJayneTay
    Options
    I am in I am training for 1/2 marathon
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Can you count indoor walking (Leslie Sasone) as part of this? The weather isn't cooperating still for getting out in the great outdoors to do it.
  • ihanna37
    ihanna37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In for 50 miles, since finals will likely take a considerable amount of my motivation.
    exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Can you count indoor walking (Leslie Sasone) as part of this? The weather isn't cooperating still for getting out in the great outdoors to do it.

I googled Leslie Sansone. That looked more like marching in place. I would not even know how you could figure out how many miles you would be walking. If you walked around an indoor track, then at least you know how far you walked. That's just me tho. The challange is all about getting you moving and a way to encourage each other.
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping this challenge running, Stoshew71. It's been really motivating and I was amazed and delighted to exceed my 55 miles March target - I hit 72 miles :))

So I'm definitely in again, and with a planned weekend hiking in the Lake District over Easter, I'll set a target of 75 miles running and/or walking.

Good luck everyone and, Stoshew I hope your injuries clear up soon.

exercise.png

ETA a missing word - and a new ticker.
  • liljen69
    liljen69 Posts: 45
    Options

I googled Leslie Sansone. That looked more like marching in place. I would not even know how you could figure out how many miles you would be walking. If you walked around an indoor track, then at least you know how far you walked. That's just me tho. The challange is all about getting you moving and a way to encourage each other.

I've done the DVDs before and they are titled according to the equivalent distance, e.g. "Walk Away the Pounds Five Mile Walk." I didn't come up with the challenge but I think it would work fine.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new to this and have been averaging between 6-10 miles a week so I set my ticker at 34 but I want to beat that!

exercise.png
  • AstorMiles
    AstorMiles Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

200 km in April, minimum! Let's do this!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I will target 50 miles. Should be good motivation.
  • TheVevina
    TheVevina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    Going to try for at least 3 miles a day!
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stoshew71 - really appreciate you keeping this going! And really appreciate everyone who has signed up! I am training for a full marathon and I train alone in the middle of nowhere Maine so you all help keep me motivated!!

I'm in for 145 miles this month as that is what marathon training calls for. I have a half on Sunday (the 6th)!!! Really hoping for spring weather!! It's been slow to arrive here! Race is in NH.

exercise.png

ETA: fixed all my typos!
  • agentventi
    agentventi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! I am just starting out but love this!!

exercise.png