Wraps

Options

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Use Alton Browns crepe recipe from food network and substitute chick pea flour. Crepe batter is thin so add more liquid if you need to. I use coconut oil to grease the pan, just a little dab on a paper towel wiped in between each crepe
  • LassVegas
    LassVegas Posts: 35
    Options
    Turkey with hummus.
    Turkey with guacamole.
    Almond butter and polaner all fruit.
    Chicken salad with avocado.
    Roasted veggies and fresh mozzarella.
    Ham and deli-sliced swiss.
  • TheVevina
    TheVevina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    one of my favourite dishes are rice paper wraps with a chopped up plain omelet, boiled shrimp, and loads of veggies like lettuce, cucumber, leek, carrots, and mint. They're really light and taste amazingly fresh c: yummm
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I've been using flatout wraps and I love them!

There are some awesome wrap recipes here:

http://www.flatoutbread.com/category/recipes/
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    My favorite is avocado, shredded cabbage, tuna, and pickled baby corn (I was starving, but it turned out good). I like the Ortega whole wheat wraps because they are pretty low sodium. My grocery store doesn't have the best selection though.

This sounds fantastic! I just put cabbage on my grocery list! Thank you! :smile:
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    Bump thanks for sharing.
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ham, swiss cheese, and hot giardiniera!
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Chili lime chicken
    Seasoned black beans
    Sautéed bell peppers & onions
    Shredded Monterey cheese
    Lettuce
    Chopped tomatoes
    Thinly spread Fage Greek yogurt (like sour cream)
    Lots of Cholula hot sauce

I make this after cooking the chicken, beans, and pepper/onion mix so it's warm and the only way I've had it, but it would probably be good cold, too.

Seriously! It's yummy.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My favourite fillings for wraps that I have regularly are tuna sweetcorn with Mayo (boring but I love tuna :smile: ) or roast chicken with avocado and whatever dressing I have in the fridge.

If I have more time and want a hot wrap I like to do either shredded roast duck with lots of crunchy lettuce/spring onion and a little hoi sin sauce or I do spicy pork wraps by cooking up some lean pork mince, mixed beans, corn & sliced peppers with some chinese 5 spice season and a little soy sauce then having with lots of lettuce.

You've had some really tasty suggestions already, I'm going to try some of them myself. :happy:
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    HealthyishWithMaggieG Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I love my breakfast wrap! You can mix-n-match what ingredients you use. Really, I just use whatever I have on-hand.

Saute in olive oil...

diced sweet potato
    sliced carrot
    onion (red or yellow)
    sweet bell peppers (red, yellow, and/or orange)
    garlic
    broccoli

sprinkle on some oregano and basil
    add a couple tablespoons of prepared salsa and a couple handsful of fresh spinach, cook until it wilts

Push it all to one side of the pan. Scramble a couple eggs on the other side. When the eggs are finished cooking, mix it all together.

Top with sliced avocado. Before I started logging what I eat, I'd also top it with some sour cream.

This is great just as a scramble or used as a wrap filling.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    HealthyishWithMaggieG Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    For traditional "sandwich fixings" (lunchmeat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, etc) type wraps, I've used washed, raw collard green leaves as my wrap, for something different. It's a little bitter, but not bad.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I buy a small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and put them in my food processor and process until they are smooth and creamy.

On a burrito tortilla I place 2 TBS of mayo, and 1 Tsp of my processed chipotle peppers mixing them and then spreading the mixture to make a line about 2/3 rds out from the center.

Now, add sliced tomatoes, diced onion or spring onion, shredded lettuce, avocado, and maybe a few sliced mushrooms. Roll up and enjoy!
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My new go-to is a Chi Chi's whole wheat fajita-style tortilla for the shell, filled with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, mild banana pepper rings, and a little Marie's raspberry vinaigrette. Very yummy :)
  • rosie291289
    rosie291289 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Kayzia_M
    Kayzia_M Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    BUMP. SO MANY GREAT IDEAS!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • antthony14282
    antthony14282 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love wraps, thanks for starting this thread!

My favorite quick, and easy wrap is - Laughing Cow Garden Vegetable, turkey and pickle slices.
  • robyneshumate
    robyneshumate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    spinach wrap with low fat cream cheese (or laughing cow), smoked turkey and a dill pickle spear. My favorite...