Strength Training Challenge

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Strength training and yoga again. Shoulder is still healing so just keeping on with the same things....:bigsmile:
    Best wishes.

Be strong.:flowerforyou:

Lin:glasses:
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Lin - hope the shoulder is doing better.
    I did a Firm DVD today that was circuit training with light weights. Definitely got my heart rate up there but I feel like I need to do a session with some heavier weights. I've been avoiding that due to my back but I think I might be ready. I'll see how I feel Friday. I teach yoga Basics tonight - going to focus on stretching the low back, hip and hamstrings so that should help me too :wink:

Stay strong everyone!

Jodios
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my short strength training one day and yoga the next and, of course, walking the dogs every day:bigsmile: and riding the exercise bike while watching TB

:bigsmile: Barbie from NW Washington

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

1433479le3q4a7az6.gif2157045gp85zev8ri.gif1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • linder4866
    Options
    Me again!!! Another day with strength training and yoga. Keeping at it.........!

Be strong.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Me again!!! Another day with strength training and yoga. Keeping at it.........!

Be strong.

Lin

Ditto.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • linder4866
    Options

Be strong.

Lin

Ditto.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Strength training and yoga today. Unfortunately earlier this week I was travelling and when I got home my blood pressure dropped significantly to the point that I couldn't get up and around for a while. Just getting back to being more active today.

Wishing everyone well.

Lin
  • jodios528
    Options
    back from vacation and hoping to strength train in the next day or 2. I got the first month of Jillian Michael's body revolution program and might start it tomorrow - its all combinations of strength and cardio - wish me luck !

Jodios
  • jodios528
    Options
    Lin - hope you are felling better!
  • jodios528
    Options
    Started Jillian Michael's Body Revolution program yesterday. I only have the 1st 2 weeks of the 90 day program. It is 4 days of circuit training and then 1 of cardio. I'm adding on cardio at the end of the circuit training for more calorie burn. She focuses on a couple of muscle groups for each session so they get to rest the next day as you work a different set. I'm trying to do the harder modifications/heavier weights so I'm really feeling it

Stay strong everyone.

Jodios
  • linder4866
    Options
    JODIOS - wow, Jillian frightens me! Good for you to take on this program!! Way to go.:drinker: :drinker:

Today---strength training, yoga, cardio..........trying to build up some strength again. Still fighting the bum right shoulder though.:grumble:

Be strong.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

• bika21
    bika21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well hello folks,

-i started 30 days shred yesterday.

Goal3x times a week

-I usually visit the gym on weekends(sat/sun)
    Goal: Abs+upper body, next day lower body
    *plus 30 mins cardio before strength training

- Just bought a pair of roller skates.
    GoAl- once i learn how not to fall I'll be buying a pair of weighted gloves and try to add this work out to the mix.

:) Strive for greatness
  • linder4866
    Options
    Today---strength training, yoga, cardio..........trying to build up some strength again.

Same thing again today. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

• jodios528
    Options
    I bought what is suppose to be the 1st month of the Jillian Michae's Body Revolution 90 day plan. It turns out the 1st 2 workout are for week's 1 & 2 and the 3rd and 4th are for weeks 3&4, There is also a low impact cardio workout for day 5 of each week. I didn't realize and decided to just go on to workouts 3 & 4 this first week. They were definitely more challenging and I am sore today (so went to yoga). The weird thing is although I'm leaving calories on the table my weight went up a 1/2 pound. I think it may be muscle gain - at least I'm hoping it is. I think I'm going to repeat the program again next week - it is a challenging 30 minutes but at least the 1st 2 are not as hard as some of the other Jillian DVD's I do (like hard bodies).

Lin - no need to be afraid of Jillian...she offers modifications and her workouts are short

bika21 - welcome!

Stay strong everyone, Jodios
  • linder4866
    Options
    Today---strength training, yoga, cardio..........trying to build up some strength again.

Same thing again today. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I need to think of something different to say! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: But yes, did my strength training again today.

Be strong.

Lin
  • jodios528
    Options
    Repeating the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution series. I've put on weight per my scale but my body is trimmer (based on my loser jeans anyway). I'm trying not to let the number freak me out as I'm now over my goal weight. I'm going to continue with this program and see what happens. I'm going to cut my calories just slightly as well.

Stay strong, Jodios
  • jodios528
    Options
    did wkout 2 from Jillian Michael's body revolution taking it up a notch. Moving on to wkout 3 tomorrow. I feel like I am getting stronger so I'm not going to worry so much about the scale for the time being. If I'm indeed building muscle then my metabolism should get a boost and in the end I should start to lose wt and get back to my goal. Stay strong everyone!
  • jodios528
    Options
    back to the Jillian Michael's body revolution workout....anyone else still part of this thread???
  • linder4866
    Options
    Yes, I'm here. Strength training again today. :-}
  • jodios528
    Options
    did Jillian Michael's body revolution again. I'm bidding for the entire 3 mos program on ebay - I hope I win although I'm not sure how I'll do in the later part as she gets tougher and tougher over time :noway:

Lin - glad you are still here with me :laugh:

Jodios
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: I have been very remiss with strength training since the weather got nicer and I've been working outside more.

I did my squats today and a plank yesterday, but that's as close as I've come to getting back to my routine.

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif