Dairy Queen Blizzards

Options

Replies

• BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'll take an Oreo Blizzard and ALL it's chemicals...including the ones in the Oreos that make them addictive! :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't care because Peanut Buster Parfait > Blizzard! :laugh:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    There's a lot more to them than you realize. Here are the ingredients for a child sized soft serve (no cone, just the ice cream). I'd guess the milkfat and cornsyrup have something to do with the 140 cal per 92g. Add in candy, hot fudge/caramel syrup, flavoring etc and the calories are going to add up pretty quickly.
    \Dairy Queen Vanilla Soft Serve: Milkfat and nonfat milk, sugar, corn syrup, whey, mono and diglycerides, artificial flavor, guar gum, polysorbate 80, carrageenan, and vitamin A palmitate.

Here's a link to their nutritional info so you can do your own research:

http://www.idq.com/NCPublic/#

Ah yes, the old completely designed and manufactured product made from various chemicals that achieve the goal of a certain flavor and mouthfeel at a price point that maximizes return on investment trick. It's depressing when I begin to think about how many of us are not even really eating real food.

...pink slime anyone?

boshintang.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The small ice cream treats at McDonald's are tasty and have less calories.

Getout.gif
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    There's a lot more to them than you realize. Here are the ingredients for a child sized soft serve (no cone, just the ice cream). I'd guess the milkfat and cornsyrup have something to do with the 140 cal per 92g. Add in candy, hot fudge/caramel syrup, flavoring etc and the calories are going to add up pretty quickly.
    \Dairy Queen Vanilla Soft Serve: Milkfat and nonfat milk, sugar, corn syrup, whey, mono and diglycerides, artificial flavor, guar gum, polysorbate 80, carrageenan, and vitamin A palmitate.

Here's a link to their nutritional info so you can do your own research:

http://www.idq.com/NCPublic/#

Ah yes, the old completely designed and manufactured product made from various chemicals that achieve the goal of a certain flavor and mouthfeel at a price point that maximizes return on investment trick. It's depressing when I begin to think about how many of us are not even really eating real food.

...pink slime anyone?

f-p.gif
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    dear chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard,

its been a while.

i love you.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    A medium blizzard is about 12 ounces of softserve, I think. Maybe 500 calories for just the softserve. Then add the candy, etc. That's a lot if you're comparing it to a serving of icecream you'd get out of your freezer. It's like sitting down with a pint of icecream and eating 3/4 of it. It's going to add up.
  • SarahWSU36
    SarahWSU36 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know, the price is what kills me.

I am not a huge sweet fan, but I will get a Blizzard once or twice a year.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

...pink slime anyone?

As gross as it looked, you do realize that pink slime was nothing more than chicken parts, right?
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    They're not whipped up ice milk. They're whipped up oleo product. It's just flavoured fat. Literally.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    The small ice cream treats at McDonald's are tasty and have less calories.

Getout.gif

I can haz Oreo McFlurry please?
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I look at places like Dairy Queen just like I would a drug pusher. If I'm not careful, it will ruin my health. Even worse, Dairy Queen and Baskin Robbin's is literally across the street from my apartment complex. :frown:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they use some form of delicious calorie magic.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    They're not whipped up ice milk. They're whipped up oleo product. It's just flavoured fat. Literally.

That's why they taste so good.
  • treaker
    treaker Posts: 1
    Options
    McDonalds is coming back out with the cadbury creme egg McFlurry.... I don't even want to know calorie count, I'm gonna hide until they're no longer for sale....
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    For the calorie splurge, I'd much rather have a Concrete from Freddy's. Mmmmmm custard.
  • shak29
    shak29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't care because Peanut Buster Parfait > Blizzard! :laugh:

+10
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Why in gods name did I click on this!? Now I want a peanut butter cup blizzard :grumble:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I look at places like Dairy Queen just like I would a drug pusher. If I'm not careful, it will ruin my health. Even worse, Dairy Queen and Baskin Robbin's is literally across the street from my apartment complex. :frown:

:huh:
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    McDonalds is coming back out with the cadbury creme egg McFlurry.... I don't even want to know calorie count, I'm gonna hide until they're no longer for sale....

Oh no... I keep forgetting it's time for delicious Cadbury and Reese's Eggs. Thankfully, I avoid the store as much as possible or else I'd be buying them daily.