foods that are not "worth" the calories?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• nj303
    nj303 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese is real tasty @ 160 Calories. It can be found refrigerated in the Produce Section. Marie also has a "light" version made with yogurt which drops it to 130 calories but it's "runny" and the taste suffers.

Nice green leaf salad @ 15 calories and 160 calorie Blue Cheese dressing = 175 Calorie meal.

Can't be beat!!
  • BretagneV
    BretagneV Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So true about peanut butter! :D also, someone said about McDonalds burgers & co... totally!!!! I enjoy a good quality junk... a first class burger with good meat, veggies... yum!

Also fruit juices,..why why why?! kill a nice fruit, squize it smash it... get a ton of calories? I always drank water and never soda or fruit juice. Unless in a cocktail, but always sour, not sweet...that's another story :P
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Trail mix. I can't stop at a serving. It's just that mindless goodness that is easy to rationalize because it's nuts and dried fruit, and a little bit of chocolate. But to enjoy it to satisfaction means more calories than I want to (or can!) spend.

Case in point- last night my husband and I nearly ate an entire container, snacking on it before dinner, after dinner and watching a movies. Didn't even realize it happened until 2/3 of the jar was gone. Ridiculous.

Pissed that I squandered my deficit on it. It's not *that* good...:grumble:
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Trail mix. I can't stop at a serving. It's just that mindless goodness that is easy to rationalize because it's nuts and dried fruit, and a little bit of chocolate. But to enjoy it to satisfaction means more calories than I want to (or can!) spend.

Case in point- last night my husband and I nearly ate an entire container, snacking on it before dinner, after dinner and watching a movies. Didn't even realize it happened until 2/3 of the jar was gone. Ridiculous.

Pissed that I squandered my deficit on it. It's not *that* good...:grumble:

i hear you.. thats why i take out 1 serving and put the rest away before eating! :)
  • SecretDuck
    Options
    Wetherspoons low calorie food. I only go there for that honey glaze sauce - hope to make my own one day.
  • lauralozano730
    lauralozano730 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried almond butter? way more filling, less calories and instead of eating it in a sandwich I eat a snack of apples and almond butter to satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • ronbeavers
    Options
    Coca-cola or any regular soda. They regularly have around 330 calories at least, which is about what I eat for lunch. (6" Subway Club w/Cheese on 9-Grain Wheat)
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bread, definitely! Bread has soooo many calories even the healthy bread uugh.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bread, definitely! Bread has soooo many calories even the healthy bread uugh.

true, thats so unfair!! i love bread :(

i have 2 slices for breakfast but i could eat it all day long!
  • fitbrit19
    fitbrit19 Posts: 55
    Options
    I am not saying it isn't worth the calories, but I just found out that one of my favorite beers, Golden Monkey by Victory Brewing Co., is 270 calories per 12 oz.

:sad: :brokenheart: :cry:
  • Bdemps11
    Bdemps11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not sure if some one else posted this, but Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Parmesan Caesar dressing is AMAZING. It's only 45 cal per 2 tbsp. and it tastes so good! And I know it's been mentioned, but PB2 is good too. I use the Nature's Own honey wheat bread that is 40 cal/slice, a double serving of PB2 & 1.5 tbsp. of reduced sugar grape jelly. All comes out to about 200 calories for a PB&J.
  • mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts, especially the sweet and sugar coated kind. One doughnut is never enough and then you are sooooo hungry a short time later.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    For me, bread only ever used to be a way of eating jam/ cheese/ any sandwich without getting your hands dirty. Now by eliminating it I save like 300 cals. I could eat a chocolate bar for that!

I totally agree with this. I had gestational diabetes with both my kids so I learned to cut back on the carbs. I LOVE burgers wrapped in lettuce now. I dont miss the bread all that much.

For me...the stuff that isnt really worth it is all the processed stuff that used to taste good to me, chips, store bought cookies, donuts (except on a rare occasion) and REALLY HIGH CALORIE COFFEE DRINKS!
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You guys are gonna hate me now but...bacon. Never understood the love for it. It's not gross but not worth the hype, either. And especially not worth the calories.

YAY!!! Someone else who doesn't like bacon!!! only, I think it's gross! I tried to like it for my mom growing up but just could not develop the taste for it - nasty! :noway:

WHOA. I have never seen three people at the same time who don't like bacon. We should start a club.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For me, bread only ever used to be a way of eating jam/ cheese/ any sandwich without getting your hands dirty. Now by eliminating it I save like 300 cals. I could eat a chocolate bar for that!

Exactly. I like bread and will have it occasionally for a piece of PB toast but for the most part, I can have sandwich ingredients on a salad or by themselves or a burger in lettuce and enjoy the (way too small) order of fries. There are so many better things I can do with the calories bread takes up!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    You guys are gonna hate me now but...bacon. Never understood the love for it. It's not gross but not worth the hype, either. And especially not worth the calories.

YAY!!! Someone else who doesn't like bacon!!! only, I think it's gross! I tried to like it for my mom growing up but just could not develop the taste for it - nasty! :noway:

WHOA. I have never seen three people at the same time who don't like bacon. We should start a club.

I'm afraid we've put you guys down as a peculiar phenomenon!!!

Next we'll find out you're all left handed.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Bagels.
    That's because you don't live in NYC and have probably never had a real bagel.

It was my last trip to New York that put me off them!!! lol

Only joking - I did love the pretzels though when I went there.