RRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRR

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I guess what I don't get isn't that she doesn't want a ripped body, it's that she felt the need to bring it up in what was otherwise a positive thread (and not for the first time, I knew what I was about to read the second I saw "hay bales.")

THis.gif

Hehe, yes... She could have simply shared that her RRRRAAAAAWWWWRRRR moment is having the strength to do all those things, and being happy with what she sees in the mirror. And it would have been a perfect contribution
    :)

But... Um.... Maybe she's new to forum etiquette? Hmmmmm?

I SAID that was a fine goal for those who wanted it. Why should anyone care that I don't personally want to look muscular? I was in no way insulting. Those who want to look ripped/cut/whatever you want to call it, have fun, hope it works great. I don't need to join those aspirations myself.

Oh come now, surely you aren't that blind to see the impact of using the words "absolutely hate" (in caps no less) to express your opinion of the body type that I (and so many others on this site have).

Sure it's not YOUR preferred body type. No one here said it should be. But you are either someone who enjoys creating drama and feigning ignorance, or are just blissfully unaware of the impact of your word choice.

:flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I love being strong enough to do farm work, haying, loading and unloading and stacking bales, I love being able to do what my husband ( diabetic, with neuropathy and balance problems) can't do anymore. I am no longer bringing in a paycheck ( retired), so I love being useful on the farm any way I can.
    ...but I would ABSOLUTELY HATE to be cut, ripped, have visible muscles, visible abs, or a thigh gap. That's not the way I want to look. (Fine for those who like that, just not for me. I'm curvy. I don't WANT to look like a fitness buff).

Way to rain on someone's parade there. Mirey posts things to inspire...but you...hmmmm. Not worth the strike.

Anyways, it takes a certain amount of knowledge, dedication/commitment, and hard work to get to be a fitness buff or to look anywhere like Mirey. I don't see it being a problem for you at all :) So yay for you :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I guess what I don't get isn't that she doesn't want a ripped body, it's that she felt the need to bring it up in what was otherwise a positive thread (and not for the first time, I knew what I was about to read the second I saw "hay bales.")

THis.gif

Hehe, yes... She could have simply shared that her RRRRAAAAAWWWWRRRR moment is having the strength to do all those things, and being happy with what she sees in the mirror. And it would have been a perfect contribution
    :)

But... Um.... Maybe she's new to forum etiquette? Hmmmmm?

I SAID that was a fine goal for those who wanted it. Why should anyone care that I don't personally want to look muscular? I was in no way insulting. Those who want to look ripped/cut/whatever you want to call it, have fun, hope it works great. I don't need to join those aspirations myself.

Oh come now, surely you aren't that blind to see the impact of using the words "absolutely hate" (in caps no less) to express your opinion of the body type that I (and so many others on this site have).

Sure it's not YOUR preferred body type. No one here said it should be. But you are either someone who enjoys creating drama and feigning ignorance, or are just blissfully unaware of the impact of your word choice.

Given the sheer number of similar arguments in this poster's history, smart money isn't on the latter.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Just figured I'd put this out there, ya know, in case no one figured it out by now.

I LOVE being strong. I LOVE being muscular. I love the look of muscle definition, and striations, and just "ripped" in general.

I love the way I feel when I push a heavy weight off my chest, or squat with one on my shoulders.
    6b1bd4e4-a213-4c4f-a672-617383745fa9_zpseee35bc5.jpg4825d21c-7414-4ce2-9567-9e3b136839aa_zps52871aa5.jpg

I love the way it feels to drive my fist into a heavy bag, and hear the sound of the smack.
    5b4adc63-0e57-4bf0-be3f-a9fff45dd2d5_zps432b77e5.jpg

I love the way it feels to sweat like crazy after a long run, or how my shirt gets soaked during boxing.
    I love it all! It may not be for you.

BUT MY GOD! IT IS TOTALLY FOR ME!

but you know what? I totally didn't know it would be... until I tried it. *hint* *hint*

Disclaimer: what I like, may NOT be what you like. Even though I am promoting what I like... it doesn't mean I am DEmoting what YOU like. So don't think that I am. Kthxbye

And now that I've RRRRAAAAWWWWRRRRRd... it's your turn! What is it that you love? What gets you RAWRing? :D

I love being strong enough to do farm work, haying, loading and unloading and stacking bales, I love being able to do what my husband ( diabetic, with neuropathy and balance problems) can't do anymore. I am no longer bringing in a paycheck ( retired), so I love being useful on the farm any way I can.
    ...but I would ABSOLUTELY HATE to be cut, ripped, have visible muscles, visible abs, or a thigh gap. That's not the way I want to look. (Fine for those who like that, just not for me. I'm curvy. I don't WANT to look like a fitness buff).

Who cares? I mean, really??? Nobody cares what you look like or want to look like.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    h722E0E0E

"and little ....... tiny onions"
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I'm already missing my winter as a lifter. Tri training has begun, which is great for the lungs, but the swear-o-meter at the gym is now out of work!

When I wore my long socks and shorts to the gym the other day my 9 year old son said...

"Mummy, you look....younger..I like those socks?"

Bwahahaha!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    no that i have shown my knowledge of fresh prince quotes ill make a contribution.

i havent had a real rawr moment in quite a while. i have so much going on with work and home that i cant get totally immersed in what im doing to hit that. maybe ill up my weight a bit. i should also do more cardio (at the moment im not doing any)

but hey, this thread has made me want to try to get that moment.

and hell there are some fit women on here.
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    the point is that you don't have to utter every inane thought that pops into your mind. for example, social convention tells us that when a co-worker shows you a picture of their baby, you don't exclaim "Ack! that's a damned ugly baby!!". you simply smile and nod your approval to your co-worker and keep your thoughts about how ugly their baby really is, in your head and unvoiced.
    THis.gif
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I had a sweet RRRRAAAWWWRRR moment about a month ago when my brother-in-law walked through my home gym after I had just finished DL'ing. I still had the plates on the bar on the ground and he looked up at me in disbelief and said "Did my brother lift all that!?!?!". I laughed and said "No way, dude….that was me.".

:noway: <---- His face.

BEASTMODE- ON!

This so happens to me all the time...my brother in law just can't believe I lift more than him...hahahahaha
  • mikejholmes
    Options
    the point is that you don't have to utter every inane thought that pops into your mind. for example, social convention tells us that when a co-worker shows you a picture of their baby, you don't exclaim "Ack! that's a damned ugly baby!!". you simply smile and nod your approval to your co-worker and keep your thoughts about how ugly their baby really is, in your head and unvoiced.

Wait -- did you just call Mirey an ugly baby?
    :huh: :angry: :noway:
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Just figured I'd put this out there, ya know, in case no one figured it out by now.

I LOVE being strong. I LOVE being muscular. I love the look of muscle definition, and striations, and just "ripped" in general.

I love the way I feel when I push a heavy weight off my chest, or squat with one on my shoulders.
    6b1bd4e4-a213-4c4f-a672-617383745fa9_zpseee35bc5.jpg4825d21c-7414-4ce2-9567-9e3b136839aa_zps52871aa5.jpg

I love the way it feels to drive my fist into a heavy bag, and hear the sound of the smack.
    5b4adc63-0e57-4bf0-be3f-a9fff45dd2d5_zps432b77e5.jpg

I love the way it feels to sweat like crazy after a long run, or how my shirt gets soaked during boxing.
    I love it all! It may not be for you.

BUT MY GOD! IT IS TOTALLY FOR ME!

but you know what? I totally didn't know it would be... until I tried it. *hint* *hint*

Disclaimer: what I like, may NOT be what you like. Even though I am promoting what I like... it doesn't mean I am DEmoting what YOU like. So don't think that I am. Kthxbye

And now that I've RRRRAAAAWWWWRRRRRd... it's your turn! What is it that you love? What gets you RAWRing? :D

Who cares? I mean, really??? Nobody cares what you look like or want to look like.

Yup soon as I saw her pic I knew what she was going to say...

I would absolutely hate to have to express my dislike of a certian look everytime someone had posted a positive note on how they feel just to ensure "my negative feelings" about that look were expressed...

On a positive note my Rawwwwwwwwwwr moment this week is on Friday I will have been lifting for 30 weeks...6months...and I remember reading a particular thread and commenting on a woman's back and how fab it was and she indicated it took 6 months and I never ever thought I would get there...

I AM HERE....RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • mikejholmes
    Options
    On a positive note my Rawwwwwwwwwwr moment this week is on Friday I will have been lifting for 30 weeks...6months...and I remember reading a particular thread and commenting on a woman's back and how fab it was and she indicated it took 6 months and I never ever thought I would get there...

This is MFP, so I am now obliged to say,
    "Pics, or it didn't happen!"
  • SezxyStef
    Options

yes yes I know...husband takes pics...will get those up on Saturday on my 6month anniversary.

ETA: hard to get good back pics (flexed) by myself.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Well... I am kinda a weird looking baby... Maybe not ugly, but as far as babies go... Lol
  • MireyGal76
    Options

yes yes I know...husband takes pics...will get those up on Saturday on my 6month anniversary.

Set your camera on video mode, and take a video. Then pause it and screen shot where it looks best! Works well!
  • mikejholmes
    Options

Well... I am kinda a weird looking baby... Maybe not ugly, but as far as babies go... Lol

Wrong criteria -- you're a babe, not a baby. One little letter makes all the difference in the world.....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm already missing my winter as a lifter. Tri training has begun, which is great for the lungs, but the swear-o-meter at the gym is now out of work!

When I wore my long socks and shorts to the gym the other day my 9 year old son said...

"Mummy, you look....younger..I like those socks?"

Bwahahaha!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MireyGal76
    Options

Wrong criteria -- you're a babe, not a baby. One little letter makes all the difference in the world.....

*smiles*
    Thank you!
    :heart:
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    :drinker:

Set your camera on video mode, and take a video. Then pause it and screen shot where it looks best! Works well!

Good idea....
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    1) Mirey is an AMAZINGLY awesome MFP peep (and a local I wish I could actually hang out with and learn a thing or two from!)

2) My RAWWRR moment - last Sunday I ran my first every 20 miles. I'm training for a full marathon right now and I did those 20 miles strong, finished strong and felt like I could have kept going.

I miss my Stronglifts every day. Running changes your body - and I'm softer than I was when I was focusing on SL. BUT, in a couple of months the marathon will be over and this babe is going to KILL her previous max lifts!