craziest-weirdest things seen at the gym

Options

Replies

• PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Totally nude guy, including bare feet, walking into a stall with only a newspaper under his arm. *shudder*
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    No joke, last week lady was on the stationary bike and was knitting a blanket. :huh:

One morning at the gym I was waiting to use one of the recumbent bikes and gave up because it was clearly ladies social hour. I'm surprised they were also knitting.
  • rorae
    rorae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    resting between sets, I glanced over toward the elliptical's, old - old man in the very front row, was pumping his fist in the air , rapidly and repeatedly, he then made a fiddle sawing motion , and reverted back to fist pumping....never lost his stride or pace ...wanna know what he was listening to... . he was having a large time.
  • Ataraxia81
    Ataraxia81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Older gentleman, probably in his 60's, works out in a white tank top, white training bra, and hot pink yoga pants. I've seen him a few times.

It's always interesting to watch people on the ellipticals.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    The women singing at the top of voice to every song on her IPod & doing the actions while on the bicycles for an hour.

OMG are you at my gym?? I do this ALL the time without even realizing I'm doing it that's how zoned I can get!!!

I do this at times except I mouth the words, don't sing out loud and i'm on the treadmill. I especially do it if it's been an emotional day and a song comes on that means a LOT or is perfect for the situation. Some guys saw me this one day and I saw through the reflection of the window they were totally ragging on me. Tough crap! I had just been through a LIFE CHANGING event, they were childish and i was NOT singing out loud, just mouthing the words, maybe using my arms w/the music while getting my workout in.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    One time while I was squatting there was a lady on the treadmill watching this other lady checking out another lady on the elliptical drinking her coffee. It was very confusing.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    One time while I was Zumba, I was watching this guy squatting who was wathching a girl on the treadmill who was watching another lady watch a different lady drink her coffee on the elliptical. It was weird.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    it's like the telephone game!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    At my part-time job at a coffeehouse, I served a coffee to a woman who was dressed like she was going to the gym. I asked if she was and she replied, "Yes I am. I'm going to use the elliptical while drinking my coffee and people-watching."
  • mobrien689
    mobrien689 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A man on the elliptical runner groping his own breast implants.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I repeatedly encountered a strange, seemingly harmless man walking on the treadmill while very passionately conducting his invisible orchestra. There wasn’t any music playing (no radio, no earbuds). Occasionally he would mutter or point his invisible baton at other people (real or imaginary) to cue them.

I don't know what I was thinking (I wasn't), so one day I raised my imaginary violin on cue and started “playing” along… He looked as if he were about to explode with joy. I “played” for a few bars and then bowed out... and then left.

So, I’m probably going to hell for encouraging the delusions of a mentally ill person…Aaaand then I couldn't use the treadmills anymore when he was there because, well... he kept trying to cue me for solos. :ohwell:
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I repeatedly encountered a strange, seemingly harmless man walking on the treadmill while very passionately conducting his invisible orchestra. There wasn’t any music playing (no radio, no earbuds). Occasionally he would mutter or point his invisible baton at other people (real or imaginary) to cue them.

I don't know what I was thinking (I wasn't), so one day I raised my imaginary violin on cue and started “playing” along… He looked as if he were about to explode with joy. I “played” for a few bars and then bowed out... and then left.

So, I’m probably going to hell for encouraging the delusions of a mentally ill person…Aaaand then I couldn't use the treadmills anymore when he was there because, well... he kept trying to cue me for solos. :ohwell:
    This is the most beautiful thing I have ever read. I like you :):flowerforyou:
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Totally nude guy, including bare feet, walking into a stall with only a newspaper under his arm. *shudder*
    Hey I've had to do this, because I was going to take a shower after my workout but then the #2 urge suddenly arrived, so I went to the stall first. No newspaper though.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    There is a lady (late 50's) that goes to my gym and gets on the treadmill. She is decked out in perfect matching running gear, head and wrist sweat bands, stop watch, huge gym bag. ear buds, arm band with her i-phone, etc. She will walk for 60 minutes at the slowest pace the treadmill will go. She litterally walks faster off the treadmill. I've never seen anyone walk that slow (without a walker). When she gets off the treadmill, she walks as fast as I do.
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    Me jamming on my headphones. I know people laugh at me but I don't care!
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    A guy walking at 2 mph on the treadmill while working on a laptop
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Craziest thing iv'e seen at the gym was a guy who instead of doing regular pull ups somehow was doing a headstand/ push up on top of the pull up bar.. If that makes sense at all haha . Hard to explain
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Someone going balls to the walls on the elliptical that you can actually hear the machine when the gym is massive and has music playing :laugh:
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Well, I was in my gym w/ my personal trainer and 8 other guys (ya, I didn't care) and I was working out the hardest of them all.... pumping 30lbs in each hand while these guys would use a machine, do a rep, then jump onto something else... My PT was like, "you frek'n are killing these guys"... YUP! Now thats messed up..LOL