WHAT THE ACTUAL FREAK

Options

Replies

• Living_Barefoot
    Living_Barefoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had to take Plan B once because of various things and it threw me out of whack for pretty much two weeks. Ups and downs, gained weight, lost it, gained it, etc. How are you managing that many times?! I would be going crazy.

I would chill for a few days, do some cardio let your hormones come back to normal, let your muscles repair and make sure everything is kosher if the uteranian department ( I know it's not a word but I like it)
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Plan B is hormonal--that may be causing some of the weight issues.

I agree with some of the other individuals...if condoms, hormonal birth control and IUD's aren't an option for you, check into other options. Maybe ask a pharmacist or an employee at a planned parenthood what they suggest. Putting plan B into your body that often can be much more harmful than so many other options.

Oh, and if you haven't already taken a pregnancy test, you may want to. Plan B, as other people have mentioned, is not 100% effective. Sorry!

Best of luck.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I've practically doubled my commitment to the gym over the last two weeks including going to the gym twice a day every day this week... I do 4-6 classes of zumba a week so cardio is fine... the addition has been hirty minutes to an hour of weight training daily if not twice daily... but in the past week I've jumped up from 156 to 159. There's NO WAY i've eaten THAT many calories. I weight myself on the same scale, no food on my stomach... why am I gaining weight?!?!

The only theory I can even have is my hormones are out of sync because I've taken plan b 5 times in 3 months (three times in the last month alone) ... but weight gain isnt a listed side effect...

is that what's causing this???

Buy some ****ing condoms...god damn
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    at the moment, im uninsured and cant afford birth control

Here's a thought: stop having sex. If you can't afford birth control, you can't afford to be pregnant either.

^^^^^^^^THIS!
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    I'm beginning to think this can't actually be real.

Just in case, educate yourself: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control-4211.htm

Lots of things will happen if you get pregnant. The least of which being, your hopes of losing weight will go out the window. If you can't afford Plan B, try paying for diapers and formula and doctor's visits and clothes your baby will wear twice before they're too small and you have to buy more.

Lordy.

ETA: Forgot a sentence.

Not saying babies aren't expensive but formula is definitely not a necessary expense :-P

True! I should have clarified! :embarassed: But still, even if you breasfeed til your kid is 7 like that mom on Time Magazine, you're still gonna shell out more than a monthly BC prescription. Or condoms. Or a diaphragm. Or literally any other contraceptive.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Just on the question if you have upped your exercise it's probably water retention...

Now for the plan b crap..

there are other forms of BC out there that are not hormonal and are not condoms...

Today sponge, there is the VCF film, there is spermicide, diaphram, the ring, that patch, low dose BC pills...there are so many other options out there...

If you can't afford BC, how can you afford a gym membership?

as well mirena is hormonal as well so...

*shakes head...jeez.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I WANT the IUD so bad!! but my doctor REFUSES to give me one because I havent had kids yet and it can rupture the uterus and render me infertile.

It's like either way I go I cant win.
    He cant use condoms, we tried. He literally cant keep it up. He cant feel anything through them and I even made sure they were the "barely there" thin condoms.
    I cant do birth control because of hormones
    and I cant get the IUD because I dont have kids.

im being screwed over everywhere and cant really get my body to ever do what I want.

Your Dr is an idiot. I know people who have an IUD and do not have any kids. The ruptured uterus can happen even if you have had childern. If your willing to run that risk then get a new dr. Also look into a diaphrame for you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It's definitely water weight, but I really hope you increased your calorie intake when you started lifting. If you don't supply your body with enough energy, you will end up with an abundance of cortisol in your system... cortisol is a problem...
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When does plan B become plan A?
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My last comment on this. If your doctor will not prescribe birth control for you, get a new practitioner. Seriously. Go to Planned Parenthood or really anywhere on earth and get some sort of method you will use. If you think condoms make your boyfriend lose his woody, try round the clock nursing and diapers. I really don't get the word "won't." No glove, no love.
  • deebert6
    deebert6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    More advice that you may not want to hear - here's another option, the FemCap. No hormones and it is reusable.

http://www.femcap.com/
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Not saying babies aren't expensive but formula is definitely not a necessary expense :-P

Word.

:)
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It's probably water. Drink a gallon throughout the day and it will help you lose the water weight. Biggest thing is don't freak out unless you haven't lost weight in 2 weeks. It takes time to gather a clear idea if things are working or not.
  • MooMyuu
    MooMyuu Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I WANT the IUD so bad!! but my doctor REFUSES to give me one because I havent had kids yet and it can rupture the uterus and render me infertile.

He cant use condoms, we tried. He literally cant keep it up. He cant feel anything through them and I even made sure they were the "barely there" thin condoms.

im being screwed over everywhere and cant really get my body to ever do what I want.

Your Dr is an idiot. I know people who have an IUD and do not have any kids. The ruptured uterus can happen even if you have had childern. If your willing to run that risk then get a new dr. Also look into a diaphrame for you.

I'm not really willing to risk becoming infertile.
    I want kids, a lot of them.

She knows this and that's why she won't.
    Most doctors i know of wont give them if you havent had a kid anyway because the cervix hasnt been stretched enough to reduce possible complications during insertion.

You need to remember (or realize), I live in the south. I live in the heart of the bible belt where family planning is still EXTREMELY controversial. There's only 1 planned parenthood clinic within a 100 mile radius of me.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options

This is absolutely not true. I do not have children and I do have a copper IUD. The risk of the IUD being expelled is a bit higher in women without children (around 10%), but expulsion VERY seldom causes any sort of damage. Additionally, I work in OBGYN research and conduct several studies in which we administer IUDs. I am very, very familiar with the few limitations that they have and can confidently say that your doctor is dead wrong. The only real exception to this is if you have had your uterus measured and it is too small to accommodate any of the IUDs on the market.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I seriously cant go to a doctor right now.

People clearly dont read. I'm uninsured, I'm unemployed. I don't pay for the plan b, he does.
    He's not my boyfriend so regular birth control is not his responsibility.
    His only concern is keeping himself from having a fourth kid.

He cant keep it up with condoms, We tried.

Since you guys seem so much more focused on what im doing in my bedroom which was not the question i asked.

IS WEIGHT GAIN A POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECT FROM THAT MANY HORMONES?!
    Or is it the training?

Thats all i asked, that's all you ****ers need to be focusing on.

tumblr_mqdn4wNNq21sodxjco1_400.gif

responsible sex takes a level of maturity that i think you have yet to reach.

lol @ name calling. well done.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If I would have read your post when I was 20 years old, I wouldn't have gotten pregnant.

Oh, Lawd.
  • MooMyuu
    MooMyuu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My last comment on this. If your doctor will not prescribe birth control for you, get a new practitioner. Seriously. Go to Planned Parenthood or really anywhere on earth and get some sort of method you will use. If you think condoms make your boyfriend lose his woody, try round the clock nursing and diapers. I really don't get the word "won't." No glove, no love.

LOL he already has 3. I dont think a baby really makes him lose the desire to keep having sex.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Most likely water retention (in your muscles, or caused by hormones) or you are eating more than you think.

Please do something to address why you have taken Plan B so much recently. I am actually surprised you were able to get it that often from a doctor. It wreaks havoc on your body doing that, and there are much better, safer, more reliable forms of birth control.

it's over the counter... you do know that right?

Also, Plan B basically works the same as other birth control pills, biologically speaking.
This discussion has been closed.