CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all

christmas2.gif
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody,

I wish you all good health, happiness & prosperity!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

May 2011 be a good year!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Christmasfunny.jpg

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy weight lost year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm going to reach out to everyone on my "feed" instead of through here since that seems to get checked more...miss you guys and am thinking of you all!
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been on and off the MFP site for years, I haven't REALLY wanted to commit till now. I'm on my third day of induction. A member of this group told me that this is a low carb site and I sure could use your collective info...can I join?
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Welcome Zano:flowerforyou:

We have kind of been MIA - and I think it is because of the holidays but we are here. We are all determined to get back on track and stay focus on what we need to do to be successful.
  • zano2008
    Options
    Thanks VJ150, Day 4 of induction. I'll stop counting after two weeks. I hesitate from jumping on the scale because I know its just progress, and the real goal is 165lbs (college weight a 1/4 century ago). Does this group have a weigh in Monday?
  • VJ150
    Options
    Hi Zano,

We don't have a set weigh in day as a group. I usually weigh weekly on Sunday morning, however I fell out with my scale and stopped. Since the beginning of December I check the scale daily and it has been useful in helping me stay focus.
  • zano2008
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Thanks VJ150, I'm on day 5 of induction. Using the Atkins plan so I'll TRY to stay away from the scale. I have been working out, combination walk/ run approxiamtely 3 mi. We'll see how it goes. Have a great day and Merry Christmas....Zano
  • mom216
    Options
    Hello to everybody....

Last couple of days have been rough - food wise. Let's just say I found a Mexican place & indulged.

Zano - welcome!!! The folks here are wonderful! I'm doing low-carb, just trying to get through the holidays & keep my weight under control.
  • mom216
    Options
    whooo-hoooo VJ150!!!!! congratulations on hitting your mini goal !!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • VJ150
    Options
    Thanks Mom216!!! I am soooo excited about the lost! Eager to meet the next!!!!:bigsmile:
  • VJ150
    Options
    Merry Christmas Everyone!! Have a safe and wonderful holiday!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • zano2008
    Options
    Hello to everybody....

Last couple of days have been rough - food wise. Let's just say I found a Mexican place & indulged.

Zano - welcome!!! The folks here are wonderful! I'm doing low-carb, just trying to get through the holidays & keep my weight under control.

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks mom216 for the welcome I've been to two parties and stayed away from non induction type foods. Today is day 6 of induction. I'm posting my mini goals. I think structure is valuable and having a plan a good idea. I really don't feel comfortable telling folks at the office that I'm doing "Atkins", I'd like results first, then I'll explain how I got there. In addition, I get the feeling some folks that have tried Atkins have a pre concieved idea what I should do or how harmful it is. Here's my 7 month goal list..and Have a great day...Zano

Jan 1 - 195
    Feb 1 - 190
    March 1 - 185
    April 1 - 180
    May 1 - 175
    June 1 - 170
    July 1 - 165 --- Goal!!
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am preparing for snow storm hear out east (karma...yesterday morning I was snickering at my mother because they got several inches of snow in Alabama...). So its sort of a nice time to sit down, slow down, reflect, and think about how i want the new year to look. I don't tend to make "new year's resolutions." However, I do look at the passing from one year to another as a chance to get rid of old ways, habits, patterns, and to think about new habits I'd like to create. The last few days, I've been cleaning out old papers, reflecting on negative thought patterns, to prepare a space for new experiences. One of negative patterns I'd like to get rid of is my tendency toward "diet" thinking. I'm only human, and sometimes my mind just goes in that direction, but I've been thinking about ways that I support that thinking. And about things I can do to support alternative ways of thinking.

One thing i've done to prepare for the new year is to join a food coop. I'm not much of a "drive to the grocery and throw stuff in a cart once a week" person. Nothing wrong with it...I just personally can't stand it and therefore don't do it. Problem being that the places I can walk to aren't the best for fresh vegetables. So, I joined a local food coop within walking distance. To help myself become someone who cooks and who enjoys food.

Does anyone else have anything to share about new things they want to try in the new year?

--T
  • mom216
    Options
    Hi Tatiana -

Wow there are so many changes coming in the new year - I don't even know where to start. I too have been going through old papers, books, clothes etc. Every year, I sit down and make a list of things I want to change in my life. What I have come to realize is that the list doesn't change very much from year to year. For the time being, I can only focus on "baby steps". I am re-learning how to take care of myself, and to put my own needs first.

To help with my diet/fitness goals, I am cooking several servings, then packaging individual portions and freezing it. Then I only have to go to the grocery store for perishable items. Since Christmas, it has snowed 10 plus inches, and having the freezer stocked really helped. (Tatiana - keep laughing at the snow - think karma - I'm doing my best to send it your way -hahahahaha)

Zano - I completely understand not wanting the folks around you to know you are doing Atkins. The people in my life start most sentences with the words "you should......". Everybody has an opinion, however I don't necessarily want to hear it. It takes a lot of patience to understand that my friends & family just want the best for me. There is an expression "don't explain & don't complain" - which really means - just do what works for you. The folks around you will only know what "you" tell them about your life. I try not to give my friends & family ammunition for those "you should....." statements.
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Mom216...sometimes, its true, the list doesn't change AT ALL! But sometimes even reminding myself, every year, of my goals, is not meaningless. For example, I always vow to have more fun and make new friends....which peters out all the time because I am a solitary person by nature (I just know its not good for me). However, reminding myself to do it again, and again, and again...I think that has some value to it. Sometimes just keeping yourself in the struggle is important, even if you're not sure when you're going to win the battle.

And yes, to Zano and Mom216, I agree. I never talk with anyone about my weight loss or exercise anything. That's actually why I do virtual communities...to talk about it here and not anywhere else. When I say no to the pizza at work, I just say something polite, pleasant, and non-committal when I decline...oh, no thank you....I'll fall asleep if I eat pizza for lunch. Looks delicious though! Simple, and not something people can argue with. Just keep shaking your head and smiling. If you give them some excuse like "diet" or even "I have high blood pressure and don't want to have a stroke from all the salt in that pizza," there's something perverse about human nature that will make them go, oh, just a little bit won't kill you! And at least one person will begin to tease you...and begin to relentlessly offer you snickers bars all the time, just to tempt you....ah, humans...
  • zano2008
    Options
    Mom216...sometimes, its true, the list doesn't change AT ALL! But sometimes even reminding myself, every year, of my goals, is not meaningless. For example, I always vow to have more fun and make new friends....which peters out all the time because I am a solitary person by nature (I just know its not good for me). However, reminding myself to do it again, and again, and again...I think that has some value to it. Sometimes just keeping yourself in the struggle is important, even if you're not sure when you're going to win the battle.

And yes, to Zano and Mom216, I agree. I never talk with anyone about my weight loss or exercise anything. That's actually why I do virtual communities...to talk about it here and not anywhere else. When I say no to the pizza at work, I just say something polite, pleasant, and non-committal when I decline...oh, no thank you....I'll fall asleep if I eat pizza for lunch. Looks delicious though! Simple, and not something people can argue with. Just keep shaking your head and smiling. If you give them some excuse like "diet" or even "I have high blood pressure and don't want to have a stroke from all the salt in that pizza," there's something perverse about human nature that will make them go, oh, just a little bit won't kill you! And at least one person will begin to tease you...and begin to relentlessly offer you snickers bars all the time, just to tempt you....ah, humans...

Tatiana_13, that is funny about the high BP, salt, pizza and death! Today is day 10 of induction, I'm going to stop calling it induction after day 14. The scale says 199, which is cool. One thing I'm focusing on is portion control. I pre cooked taco meat last week and put measured portions in a plastic baggy in the freezer , yesterday I smoked a ham (please no menthol or filter jokes) and so its in the fridge. So, I guess that it, keeping it simple ...precook and portion control while doing ATKINS. ..Have a great day...Zano