Challenge of not eating out for a week.

Options
Who would like to join me in a challenge of not eating out for a week? and that includes not drinking coffee out.

Replies

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm in, this will be easy.
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    It's going to be really hard for me. I just started eating really healthy again.
  • strivetobeskinny427
    Options
    I just joined the site very recently. I'm in.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I would have said yes because it would be a good challenge for work.
    But no coffee? I'd lose the first day, lol. Daily Dunks is something I can never take out of my macros.
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    I was thinking maybe Monday so I can prepare meals and go grocery shopping tomorrow. I find if I make a huge soup and salad, I can just *kitten* a little protein like chicken breast or fish with it. I ate so badly this weekend.
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    How about just bringing tea bags or instant coffee with you to work? That way you can save money. Do you have a microwave at work to heat up water. I don't know about you but when I order a coffee out, it's a latte or something. It's never plain.
  • GummyBears7779
    GummyBears7779 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im in :)
    But then again...i never eat our XP
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    How about just bringing tea bags or instant coffee with you to work? That way you can save money. Do you have a microwave at work to heat up water. I don't know about you but when I order a coffee out, it's a latte or something. It's never plain.

I'm personally not a big tea drinker, and don't like the Keurig cups. The option I choose is my daily treat, fits into my macros well, and isn't too hard to work around.
    I think I will join in, as long as it's ok for me to continue to drink my coffee. I think it would be a fun challenge to meal prep for the week, instead of grabbing a sandwich or salad from the campus stores/Subway. I always forget my lunch, or am too exhausted to make something in the morning/night before.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Too late for me because today I had breakfast at Starbucks and lunch at a little Greek joint.

When I think to the week ahead...nope, I couldn't really do it. My husband and I are going to an amusement park midweek and will dine out then. My dad & I have a weekly lunch date.

I bet I haven't had a single week without at least ONE restaurant meal in my whole life. Seriously. My parents were big on dining out. Even back in college when I was bitten by a brown recluse spider and hospitalized for nearly a month, my friends brought me fast food and stuff...lol

However, I really don't feel like I go out a crazy amount. Most weeks I have lunch out on Saturday, one lunch out with my dad during the work week, and maybe a little treat on Friday night that may or may not come from a restaurant. I don't grab and go from fast food places, cook most weekday lunches & dinners at home, and very rarely get even a soda or coffee from a restaurant.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

That used to be me. But I weigh out the calories in a mocha or latte versus a small pastry and it's almost always more satisfying to me personally to have a black coffee (hot or iced) with the pastry hehe
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I realize I am extremely immature and mildly perverted but did anyone else smirk at the title of this topic? Sorry.
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I realize I am extremely immature and mildly perverted but did anyone else smirk at the title of this topic? Sorry.

Every time there is mention of "eating out" :laugh:
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    Ok but it gotta to be plain coffee if you can mange it. :)
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    Wow so this challenge will be the first week without eating out. It is so hard but I'm going to do this even if I have to through snacks in my purse. Let's do this everyone!
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    So lets make it Monday everyone so people will have time to go grocery shopping and prep for the week on Sunday. I'm so excited to have so many people doing this with me. I bet we'll lose a lb or 2 and even better feel great! Maybe next week we can do no process food for a week or no gluten or maybe no sugar. The sugar one will be the toughest one.
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options

hee hee heeeeee me too. My poor downstairs fainted from shock
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'll join too...I drive long hours every week and get food on the go a fair bit, for convenience.
    I've been reducing it down to "if I eat out I will only get something healthy like a subway wrap" but really I could use a kick up the butt to stop altogether.

Half the effort is just packing healthy food/snacks when you know you will be out for hours.
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    So glad that you can join us. mzbek21. it will be changeling but worth it. Even when eat out healthy, it's not really healthy. When I eat the salads, there is so much oils on it. or process meat in that sandwich probably with tons of salt. I can't wait to do it with everyone. I'm off to Costco to buy chicken breast and bringing out my slow cooker. I hate cooking everyday.
  • BabyfaceFaison
    Options
    Im in! Sounds challenging- I'm so used to even eating my "healthy meals" at restaurants . :tongue: