Options

Replies

• JLeeAlton
    Options
    I will help! Send me a link!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    right...here is me in my wedding dress....still 20lbs to lose overall but can't see myself losing more than 7-10lbs in 5weeks!

IMG_00751.jpg
    IMG_00741.jpg
    IMG_00781.jpg
    IMG_00791.jpg
  • kentlass
    Options
    oh no...how do i get my pics up properly!?!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    right...here is me in my wedding dress....still 20lbs to lose overall but can't see myself losing more than 7-10lbs in 5weeks!

IMG_00751.jpg
    IMG_00741.jpg
    IMG_00781.jpg
    IMG_00791.jpg

I think this should work.
  • kentlass
    Options
    oh thankyou SO much!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    AW, you look so purdy!!!! I love the detailing on your dress. Who makes it? Mine was a David's Bridal and I actually purchased it used off of eBay. The gal was my height and weight, so it needs little alterations.... unless it can eventually be taken in, of course!;-) I think you look amazing and you should be so proud of yourself for all that you've accomplished here at MFP.

I found in one of the other forums threads a place where you can upload any photo of yourself, plug in your current weight/height, then your goal weight and it will show how you will look when you reach it. Here is me, now 170 lbs and goal weight 125 lbs in my wedding dress (It definately put things into a different light, for sure!):

BAFront.jpg

BASide.jpg

Shannon
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Both of you look amazing.. LOVE IT!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Bump...just trying to keep us on the radar. Any interesting wedding planning developments? Any motivating exercise stories?

Shannon
  • kentlass
    Options
    hey all!!

well today i did my normal 2hour cardio(burns average 1150cals) and then i did the 30day shred(day 1) and omg i literally couldn't walk down the stairs, i had proper jelly legs!!!

having seen some of the pics from that i'm hoping it'll tone my hips and tummy a little! anyone else doing it!?!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Bump
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    ickybella: The dress you chose looks lovely. I hope all of our comments were helpful in the selection process.

I hope the holiday season is going well for everyone. I've been splurging on some cookies here and there, but it really hasn't pushed me over my daily total all that much, since I've been pretty good during all of my meals. How as everyone been doing with the holiday temptations?

I admit, I haven't been getting to the gym as much as I would like, but I think once the holidays are over with, I'll be able to be more structured with my workouts again. I've got less than 6 months to go until the big day!:-D

Shannon
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I just found this incredible Ab DVD at TJMaxx for $3 on Friday. I did the workout on Saturday (total 60 min routine by 5 different trainers & 10 min bonus) and kicked my own abs! I am now looking at my wardrobe in a whole new lite: I know by next March I WILL have the flat stomach I've always wanted :happy:
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to the holiday season being over - I'm starting a Biggest Winner class through my gym and it looks interesting. $60 for 12 group sessions with a personal trainer, nutritionist, and life coach and there are challenges and incentives for the person who loses the most weight each week and in total. Plus I'll be doing bridal bootcamp in June 2011. Has anyone done a bridal bootcamp before?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I think the wedding dress is stunning.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    I would love to do a bridal bootcamp, but my gym doesn't offer anything like that. I find that I plateau after doing classes for a month or so, so I've kind of given up on them for a while and am doing my own thing.

I still haven't been able to get to the gym all that much and we're going to my fiance's parents this weekend, so I doubt I'll get there at all. All I can hope for is once the holiday is over, that I can get back into the swing of things.

Have any of you picked out gifts for your bridal party yet? I have a meeting tomorrow to purchase some jewelry. I also bought the gals Vera Bradley purses because Dan's sister loves them.

I have a weigh in next week. I'll let you know the holiday damage....:-P

Shannon
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would love to do a bridal bootcamp, but my gym doesn't offer anything like that. I find that I plateau after doing classes for a month or so, so I've kind of given up on them for a while and am doing my own thing.

I still haven't been able to get to the gym all that much and we're going to my fiance's parents this weekend, so I doubt I'll get there at all. All I can hope for is once the holiday is over, that I can get back into the swing of things.

Have any of you picked out gifts for your bridal party yet? I have a meeting tomorrow to purchase some jewelry. I also bought the gals Vera Bradley purses because Dan's sister loves them.

I have a weigh in next week. I'll let you know the holiday damage....:-P

Shannon

i think ive decided for my bridesmaids to get them matching shoes, earrings for the day of and maybe these "brdesmaids survival kits" they are so cute and contain pretty much anything and everything you could need the day of the wedding, or any party really. its a cute idea :)

i just started personal training, 2 days a week. my firstclass was last night, it was inense! im assuming this is how bootcamp must be, and i can see why it works!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    what's in the bride's maid's survival kit?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    How did everyone's Christmas holiday go? I had wanted to log in my foods, but Dan's family isn't too gung ho on fitness and I think they would have thought I was ignoring them. So I gave up logging for the five days were were down there. I ate lots of naughty goodies, but tried to do so in moderation (not wanting to look like a piggy in front of everyone helped as well.*LOL*). I pushed back my weigh in until January so that I have the chance to get back on track first. That way, if I did gain a pound or two, I won't feel quite so bad about it, especially if I've gotten back on the horse in the meantime!;-)

I've started my search for bridal hair, makeup, mani and pedis. I found a lady at the Bon Ton who has a degree in Cosmotology for makeup and she did a wonderful job. However, she doesn't have her own business and it would have to be done under the table since the store chain wouldn't approve. I'm worried doing this could set me up for problems in the long run, especially without a contract. I've also thought about contacting the local beauty school, at least for the makeup and nails portion. I think I'd prefer a professional for hair though. What are your thoughts?

Shannon
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    I would love to join!

Want to lose about 30 lbs and tone up before my wedding! Please add me as a friend as I am new to this site. I have lost 50 pounds last year and I am just working on the last 30. Just got engaged in November, and I am excited to talk health and wedding with you great ladies!!
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    anyone getting stressed out about their upcoming wedding? mine is in may and ive been calm until new years and now i feel like everythings coming wayyy too fast and theres still so many small details to figure out :S
    ive been engaged since last november but because i just had my daughter all i thought about was her and put the wedding details on the backburner. i mean we got the big details out of the way early but didnt really worry about them, now time is flying by and its coming so fast! i feel like im losing out on the fun events! :(