Mean rude people at the pool!!!!

Options

Replies

• wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I would only ask a person if the used to dive if I thought that they looked too old to be diving.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    As long as nobody is mean to you on the internet, that would be even more horrible.

Ell oh ell
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I was at the pool swimming and diving, and after I finished I walked past the lifeguard on the way out, who asked me, "you used to dive?"

I was like, "What is that supposed to mean? Are you calling me old? Or are you saying I'm not good enough to dive anymore?"

How are people like that allowed to walk around and breathe the same air as the rest of us who aren't mean and rude?

Hey, if you can't handle hard hitting truth, maybe you shouldn't set foot in public, ever!
  • DJLMB
    DJLMB Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I must be missing something, because I would have taken this as "not bad, you must have been a diver at some point." :smile:

I would have thought that ^ too :)
  • Linda8989
    Linda8989 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are the only one who saw his face when he said it, so you know the best. But I tend to agree with the others here - I think he meant it as a compliment. Sounds like he may have thought you were an experienced diver.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Someone saw me finish a quarter pounder and they were like "wow, did you used to be fat?".

Eta: this is a troll thread, guys, responding to a now-deleted thread from last night.
    huh?
  • Lyn1424
    Lyn1424 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So...are you a diver? :-)
  • aworkoutroutine
    aworkoutroutine Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It's a compliment. Most athletes who are really, really good are only competitive for a short period of their life. Olympic divers aren't professional past their 20s, if I recall.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Either the OP just turned 30, 40, or is generally having an 'i hate being old' day lol
    Or maybe he was joking... I'm not entirely sure.
    Are you calling me a liar?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Someone saw me finish a quarter pounder and they were like "wow, did you used to be fat?".

Eta: this is a troll thread, guys, responding to a now-deleted thread from last night.

can someone give a summary of said thread... or at least tell me what compliment the OP took as an insult in that thread
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    tumblr_li3dpzu67p1qf9lgb.gif
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Either the OP just turned 30, 40, or is generally having an 'i hate being old' day lol
    Or maybe he was joking... I'm not entirely sure.
    Are you calling me a liar?
    Mmm... uh huh...
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Totally rude! Definitely boycott that pool. :laugh:

You should just pee in the pool and then punch out the lifeguard. How dare he suggest you are washed up! :angry:
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options

can someone give a summary of said thread... or at least tell me what compliment the OP took as an insult in that thread

+1
  • rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    People are always going to be mean because they are ashamed of something in themselves, so don't take it to heart.
    That lifeguard has probably never done any proper diving so is a little jealous that you do.

that
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

OP was 18 year old girl who received a PM from another member. In the opening of the PM the sender commented on the OP "getting started early having kids" because she's a mum.

OP posts a thread "omg why is everyone so rude" where everyone told her to sit the hell down and stop being so sensitive, because the message was merely stating an observed fact.

OP's thread got deleted because it degraded into LOLOL MEAN PEOPLE LOLOLOL GIFS

OP made another thread *****ing about her thread being deleted.

That thread has degraded into gifs and is awaiting deletion.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

OP was 18 year old girl who received a PM from another member. In the opening of the PM the sender commented on the OP "getting started early having kids" because she's a mum.

OP posts a thread "omg why is everyone so rude" where everyone told her to sit the hell down and stop being so sensitive, because the message was merely stating an observed fact.

OP's thread got deleted because it degraded into LOLOL MEAN PEOPLE LOLOLOL GIFS

OP made another thread *****ing about her thread being deleted.

That thread has degraded into gifs and is awaiting deletion.

I'd take it as a compliment if someone said that to me because I had my first age 30 :laugh:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Lighten up? Maybe he meant because your dive was good--he was wondering if you have dove in the past.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I was in a toy store looking for GI Joes for my little nephew and someone asked me if I used to play with them.

pissed_off.gif