Help! I need a fast weight loss plan

Options

Replies

• scuttlez
    scuttlez Posts: 51
    Options
    The head weighs about 10lbs. Get rid of that for a great start.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You're a personal/fitness trainer and that is your best answer?

I think many people on mfp forget that they were once new here, that they all had different motivations for joining, or starting their weight loss journey. The OP joined in March and has lost 4lbs. She may not realize that slow and steady is the best way. Giving her sarcastic answers isn't really helping. She may not realize that a 2lb per week weight loss is already a great thing. How about some actual good advice for someone who is asking for help.

OP, my advice is, Log all your food. Stay below your calorie goals, and work out for 30 minutes, 5 times a week. No, it's not going to get you shredded, but I guarantee after 5 weeks you will be feeling a lot better about yourself, whether you've lost 5 or 10 pounds. That was my plan when I first started. 5 weeks later, I just felt plain good. The working out is a must though! And 30 minutes a day is totally doable! Baby steps. You can do this!!

Listen to her! It's kind and it's reality.

Think of it as a start to just being healthy! I had to rid the idea of dieting, like it was some sort of punishment. Eat clean, drink lots of water, and in five weeks you will feel better! I'd skip any cheat meals until then if you're extremely concerned. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend Blogilates. I'm only on day 8 of the beginners workout calendar, and I'm in love!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Lipo
  • indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My first five weeks I lost twenty pounds. It's been six month since and have lost over 60 pounds. In maintenance now and its a piece of cake for me personally. For me it was just math. Run your numbers based on your age height and weight and figure out what deficit and how much exercise you need to achieve whatever your five week goal is.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep haybale's reply for future ref.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I thought this site was supposed to be helpful Anyway I started my weightloss journey with the 17 day diet. It is a really sound and healthy diet. It goes in cycles of 17 days, 3 cylces to be exact, and then you reach maintanace where you continue healthy eating habits for .. well forever.. I lost 12 pounds in 1 1/2 months. not alot but i went from 140 to 128 and that is good for me. Now i am just maintaining but im sure if i continued i could loose another 12.
    Bigger people, like my co-worker, lost 40 pounds. He is the one that introduced me to this "diet" which is really a healthy way of eating. I needed something that was fast that would quick start my weight loss and motivate me as well.
    6 months later, here I am, maintaining, eating lots of what i love, but have incorporated much much healthier food.

It is helpful. Telling her she is unrealistic and wants to go about it unhealthily is helpful.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'd wager that she would have gotten less sarcastic answers if she hadn't explicitly said that she didn't want to hear about how unhealthy what she wanted to do was.

OP knows what she wants to do is wrong.
    If she doesn't care about her health why not give her surefire solutions to her problem?

its not your place to judge her for doing something she knows is wrong. if people dont want to help, they shouldnt post at all. other peoples problems arent being discussed for your amusement.

So people giving her honest answer is not helpful and this thread will just be full of "Don't eat, drink only water, you can do this?!?!?" is somehow going to help her? No it won't.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Amputation

just what I was thinking!...you could go down the cabbage soup route...however your friends wont want to know you and I think you'll feel rather ill after a couple of days! You know that heroin chic thing...they don't exactly look like they're 1). Well and 2) enjoying life at all. :drinker:
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Easiest things to start of with:
    1) Walk Everywhere
    2) Drink plenty of water/green tea
    3)Exercise at least 5x a week at high intensity
    4)Strength Training, Heavy if you can
    5)Invest in a food scale
    6) Weigh and Measure every bit of food those goes in your mouth
    7)Do little things like walking around as you talk on the phone and exercises during commercial breaks
    8) Eat in moderation - just because it doesn't seem healthy doesn't mean you can't have it
    9) Things with 0 calories do count, so log them

And the holy grail is....

LOG EVERYTHING! Seriously, you don't do it accurately, you won't see a budge.

actually this is good..people also do the 30 day shred...work hard and be kind to your body!!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Start earlier next time.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There is nothing helpful about "cut your head off, it weighs 10 pounds"
    How about eat healthy, eat at a defict, drink lots of water, do lots of cardio, and give it all you've got. You probably won't lose all you wanted, but you will lose some and the best thing is you will feel great.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    The head weighs about 10lbs. Get rid of that for a great start.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You're a personal/fitness trainer and that is your best answer?

I think many people on mfp forget that they were once new here, that they all had different motivations for joining, or starting their weight loss journey. The OP joined in March and has lost 4lbs. She may not realize that slow and steady is the best way. Giving her sarcastic answers isn't really helping. She may not realize that a 2lb per week weight loss is already a great thing. How about some actual good advice for someone who is asking for help.

OP, my advice is, Log all your food. Stay below your calorie goals, and work out for 30 minutes, 5 times a week. No, it's not going to get you shredded, but I guarantee after 5 weeks you will be feeling a lot better about yourself, whether you've lost 5 or 10 pounds. That was my plan when I first started. 5 weeks later, I just felt plain good. The working out is a must though! And 30 minutes a day is totally doable! Baby steps. You can do this!!

He's tired of typing out the same answers 3 times a day because that is how many times this question is asked.

The OP clearly knows its not healthy, yet still wants advice on it. That's like giving a cat to someone who is extremely allergic to cats. Its a lose/lose situation for anyone who reads this thread.

You giving her advice on something she already doesn't want to do is even more useless than what the other guy said. And honestly, I would much rather read his comment and chortle than read your irrelevant post.

Lighten up.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 27 and weigh 177 pounds and iim 5ft 2. Basically I'm going on a girly weekend and want to look my best. Has anyone had any success in losing weight quick as I'm going in 5 weeks. I don't want the 'its dangerous to lose weight quick' I need help.

Good luck with that... if you figure it out, let me know because I have the same weight/height as you do... You didn't gain the weight in a day and it isn't going to come off that quickly either.
  • Tpope66
    Tpope66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Jason Vale Lose 5lbs in 5 Days juice detox.. (not really a detox) but if you have a juicer you will lose more then 5lbs believe me.
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Obviously its not safe to severely cut calories. However, if you want to lose weight quickly and by weight I mean bloat and fat because you cannot lose fat that quickly but you can lose bloat quickly. I have gotten great success by cutting carbs and sugar. Eat similar to the Paleo diet for a couple of weeks and youll notice a difference. Excess carbs cause water retention so eating this way will help get rid of any water weight and bloat you have to help you look your best. Eat only whole fruits (keep bananas at a minimum), vegetables (no white potatoes), lean meat and eggs, healthy oils, nuts and seeds for those few weeks. Eat plenty of those foods too, do not severely cut calories to lose weight fast you'll end up stalling your progress and messing up your metabolism. You cannot lose 30 lbs in 5 weeks but you may be able to lose 10 plus some water weight pounds.

If you really dont care about being safe, then I agree with the others. Youll need to amputate a limb to lose weight quickly.

Good luck!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'd wager that she would have gotten less sarcastic answers if she hadn't explicitly said that she didn't want to hear about how unhealthy what she wanted to do was.

If she doesn't care about her health why not give her surefire solutions to her problem?

its not your place to judge her for doing something she knows is wrong. if people dont want to help, they shouldnt post at all. other peoples problems arent being discussed for your amusement.
    Is it your place to judge them for judging her?
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Is it your place to judge them for judging her?

The best part about judging is that EVERYONE does it. It is ridiculously common and very out in the open. Judging is what we do as people. I judge everyone. Don't want to be judged? Don't give me a reason to judge you.

And then they scream to high heaven about how righteous they are for never judging when they do it all the time.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...with time travel as the solution...

...and to be judged.

Also, with the "I thought this place was about..." post, I'm just one square away from bingo. I only need a reference to "Thumper's dad's advice for animated juvenile rabbits" for a diagonal.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In...

...with time travel as the solution...

...and to be judged.

:laugh:

I hear the Taco Bell cleanse does wonders. :bigsmile:

OP: Should have started a lonnnnnggggggg time ago. JS :wink:
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options

So people giving her honest answer is not helpful and this thread will just be full of "Don't eat, drink only water, you can do this?!?!?" is somehow going to help her? No it won't.

giving an honest answer is good, but thats not the same as judging and making fun of her.