What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom. That keeps me pretty active!

My daughter just learned how to walk without holding onto things, so she's sneaky! And of course trashes the house right behind me as I clean. Its finally warming up here, so we're always outside, too!
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm mom like you and sit most of the day at my full time job. Luckily my new office has a gym, unluckily, my muscle/knee is off, so it's yoga only for me right now. ;/ honestly i think i may kill someone if i can't do cardio soon.
  • bosskitty
    bosskitty Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nursing assistant for the NHS.

Busy 12hr shifts and constantly swapping from nights to days....plays havoc with your body. haha
  • Living the Dream in just another day in Paradise in the ICU as an overworked, unpaid, urine holding, missed my break, servant, medication dispenser, listener, hair stylist, hugger, shoulder to cry on, CVVHD Queen, IABP Princess, Bed maker, Body washer, oral cavity cleaner, organizer, Champion of the Power of Tower, multi-tasker, wheelchair pushing, end of life care provider, making snacks for family waitress...it could go on and on...

All in all, I work as an ICU nurse in the chaos of the unknown on a day to day basis...Love what I do...:flowerforyou:
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Living the Dream in just another day in Paradise in the ICU as an overworked, unpaid, urine holding, missed my break, servant, medication dispenser, listener, hair stylist, hugger, shoulder to cry on, CVVHD Queen, IABP Princess, Bed maker, Body washer, oral cavity cleaner, organizer, Champion of the Power of Tower, multi-tasker, wheelchair pushing, end of life care provider, making snacks for family waitress...it could go on and on...

All in all, I work as an ICU nurse in the chaos of the unknown on a day to day basis...Love what I do...:flowerforyou:

Hey, I can't imagine all that but I'm right there with you on the urine holding. The only time I am up from my desk is if I have to pee or collect pee. ewwww
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    Flight medic - USAF

Nice! I was a flight mechanic on C-9s back in the day!! Loved medevac until I became a patient on one.

I have a daughter who is a medic (4N0) at Hurlburt Field.

That's usually the case. LOL!

Hats off to you and your daughter for your service to our country. Takes a special breed!
    Thank you for your service as well. Part of what I love about this job is it is just like I am still in uniform but I get to wear jeans everyday! I do miss flying though....my AF aircrew career was cut short by a nasty case of the bends. I did go on to fly on helicopters in the Army after that though....
  • Living the Dream in just another day in Paradise in the ICU as an overworked, unpaid, urine holding, missed my break, servant, medication dispenser, listener, hair stylist, hugger, shoulder to cry on, CVVHD Queen, IABP Princess, Bed maker, Body washer, oral cavity cleaner, organizer, Champion of the Power of Tower, multi-tasker, wheelchair pushing, end of life care provider, making snacks for family waitress...it could go on and on...

Hey, I can't imagine all that but I'm right there with you on the urine holding. The only time I am up from my desk is if I have to pee or collect pee. ewwww

Skol to the 'did they pee on the outside of the cup' thoughts while you carefully carry the sample....
  • finallylean
    finallylean Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Stock Broker
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Living the Dream in just another day in Paradise in the ICU as an overworked, unpaid, urine holding, missed my break, servant, medication dispenser, listener, hair stylist, hugger, shoulder to cry on, CVVHD Queen, IABP Princess, Bed maker, Body washer, oral cavity cleaner, organizer, Champion of the Power of Tower, multi-tasker, wheelchair pushing, end of life care provider, making snacks for family waitress...it could go on and on...

Skol to the 'did they pee on the outside of the cup' thoughts while you carefully carry the sample....

Mine are naughty little probationers so I make them hold it from the time they close it all the way to the fridge. I ain't touchin that!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Active Duty Air Force.....Network Security dude
  • freesoulrahul
    Options
    Application Developer. Sit on my *kitten* all day long. Definitely need my workout at the end of the day.
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a paralegal. A lot of sitting some days and other days I'm running around the courthouse!

Mine are naughty little probationers so I make them hold it from the time they close it all the way to the fridge. I ain't touchin that!

I sometimes, well, nevermind, I must not go there...lol
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Civil Engineer
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I am a certified know-it-all aka Middle School teacher. I am on my feet a lot which I like, I can prepack lunches, I bother the heck out of kids/teens, AND I get paid for it, too.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Paper pusher
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Active Duty Air Force.....Network Security dude

But professional youtuber at work lol
  • ExpectantHope
    ExpectantHope Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Currently at university studying biomedical science, start my placement year in October and hope to work as a biomedical scientist for the NHS when I graduate.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should add that I am a JUVENILE probation officer. I specialize in juveniles with drug abuse issues. Imagine having 20 teenagers. Mother of God.

If you've done it longer than a year, it must be a calling for you! God bless! :flowerforyou:

Not quite a year. I just graduated college in July. It can be terribly frustrating.

I can imagine. I have dealt with adults with drug abuse issues. Teenagers though...ugh!
  • Carolw12
    Carolw12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    An accountant (when I can find work) and a full time student.