What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• claramce
    claramce Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a hotel receptionist. I have a desk and chair although I'm hardly ever sitting down. I do squats and push ups in the back office when it's quiet too.. shhh :laugh:
  • Vmax1992
    Vmax1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Optician
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Bored ****less legal assistant :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a dental assistant at a surgical office. Depending on our schedule on any given day I could be a) sitting in a surgery anywhere from 1-3 hrs long b) sitting at my desk doing paperwork and answering calls c) running around the office like crazy prepping both front and back offices and handling patients. I can't decide whether I'm sedentary or lightly active lol I suppose it depends on the day.
  • snguzzo
    snguzzo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a pastry chef. Being required to taste sweets all day has made weight loss tough, but I'm making progress!
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Nurse on the wknds and stay at home mom on the weekdays
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm a Network Marketing Professional, Charity Fund Raiser, and Animal Rescue Transporter (not a paid gig, but keeps me busy).

Since I work from home and set my own schedule, I can absolutely work my healthy lifestyle into my work and my work into my healthy lifestyle. The only time I see myself struggling is when I'm out on a rescue transport because I tend to do long-haul transports (several days/500-2500 mile long trips) and eat too much fast food. I have gotten better about packing a cooler of healthy snacks and drinks, when space allows for it. Sometimes my truck is so loaded down with animals and gear, there just isn't room for a cooler, though.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Nurse on the wknds and stay at home mom on the weekdays

Got a cousin who does this...pulls doubles on the weekends as an ER nurse. Brings home more money than if she worked a 40 hour, M-F schedule (if those existed in the nursing world).
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a legal assistant. It's not particularly conducive to a healthy lifestyle. Lots of sitting behind a desk and free treats brought in for the office on a regular basis. I still manage. :)

I know the pain :laugh:
  • hei_ma_ma
    hei_ma_ma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lawyer

lionel-hutz-pantsless.jpg
  • amandarenay1985
    Options
    Florist :) I get to make people happy by sending them beautiful flowers! Unless its a funeral, or PROM (the P word around here).
    Those high school prom girls are like little bridezillas!!! Other than that, I love my job!!!

8624515.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Interior Designer---but for 28 yrs now I'm a housewife and mother of 3 young men in Rome, Italy. With the economy here being the pits, all three are still studying at home. I run all day. I get up at 6:00 or 7:00 and get to bed around midnight. Oops----time to go to bed here
    Ciao!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else amamzed by the number of HR/Accounting/payroll/I.T.people on here??????

I am and am not... we sit way too long...
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed by the number of people here doing great things. You guys are awesome!
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Apparently ruining relationships?! Lmfao
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Lawyer

lionel-hutz-pantsless.jpg

Lionel Hutz is my inspiration.

I too hope to argue in front of a judge often, sometimes as a lawyer.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm a pastry chef. Being required to taste sweets all day has made weight loss tough, but I'm making progress!

Crikey, you must have a will of iron...
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    University Marketing Director, Freelance graphic designer and artist, and now also a student working toward an MBA in Marketing. My job requires a lot of hours at a desk, and running around to meetings. It's not great for my health to sit for so long, but I try to get up from my desk every chance I get and love scheduling meetings far across campus so I have to get up and move! :)
  • frankmochrie
    frankmochrie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have two jobs
    1 Newspaper carrier
    2 Food Department Head for Ocean State Job Lots. Dealing with food all day is a challenge

My Day starts at 1:30 am and ends at 3:00 pm

57895803.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • JoeyIbz
    JoeyIbz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Startupperrrr