New Diet Pills (Belviq vs Qsymia)

Options

Replies

• samanthagraessle
    Options
    Damn Ohio, and their laws against prescription weight loss pills. Gotta drive to Kentucky for those. :grumble:
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    These are prescription drugs, prescribed by physicians.

It always surprises me that the topic is something specific, yet some of you who have have no interest in this topic feel that it is your duty to tell us what we already know. Then you expect us to say "Gee whiz, I never knew that." and "Thanks for enlightening me." We get it. You would never take these drugs. We don't understand why you need to impose your opinions and beliefs on us. These are prescription drugs, prescribed by physicians. We appreciate your input and knowledge on other topics, but the lecturing gets kind of old, you know?

Back to the subject.

I take Phentermine, and have very good results with it. I would rather not take it if there was something different that was effective.

I am interested in these other drugs you mentioned, because Phentermine has a pharmacology similar to amphetamine, which is not something I consider healthy.

I looked these drugs up. I had never heard of them. One is mixed with Topomax, an anti-seizure medication, so I wouldn't want to take that. The other seems to be some kind of SSRI, and it can interact with other SSRIs. I take a small dose of Prozac. Also, the BMI needs to be over 30, or over 27 with another health condition. My BMI is 27.6, so that probably leaves me out.

Back to square one. I don't lose weight very fast. Normally around 1/2 pound a week. RIght now I am finally exercising regularly, so I am losing more than usual. Since February 4th I have lost 16 pounds. The big trick with Phentermine and with any weight loss, is making sure we keep up the healthy way of eating. That's what I have trouble with.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

It always surprises me that the topic is something specific, yet some of you who have have no interest in this topic feel that it is your duty to tell us what we already know. Then you expect us to say "Gee whiz, I never knew that." and "Thanks for enlightening me." We get it. You would never take these drugs. We don't understand why you need to impose your opinions and beliefs on us. These are prescription drugs, prescribed by physicians. We appreciate your input and knowledge on other topics, but the lecturing gets kind of old, you know?

Back to the subject.

I take Phentermine, and have very good results with it. I would rather not take it if there was something different that was effective.

I am interested in these other drugs you mentioned, because Phentermine has a pharmacology similar to amphetamine, which is not something I consider healthy.

I looked these drugs up. I had never heard of them. One is mixed with Topomax, an anti-seizure medication, so I wouldn't want to take that. The other seems to be some kind of SSRI, and it can interact with other SSRIs. I take a small dose of Prozac. Also, the BMI needs to be over 30, or over 27 with another health condition. My BMI is 27.6, so that probably leaves me out.

Back to square one. I don't lose weight very fast. Normally around 1/2 pound a week. RIght now I am finally exercising regularly, so I am losing more than usual. Since February 4th I have lost 16 pounds. The big trick with Phentermine and with any weight loss, is making sure we keep up the healthy way of eating. That's what I have trouble with.

We know you already know. We know you are gonna respond just like you did. We are hoping that someone else will read this and not choose this method. Because it seldom works, if ever. You say your trouble is keeping up healthy eating after using diet pills, yet you get offended when we say to work on healthy eating in the first place instead of using diet pills. The first line of your profile says you have been yo yo dieting for years, well yeah. Again, the idea really is to help newbies who read the threads, we know people who are already taking them are just gonna be defensive. BTW, I dig your Van Halen replica guitar, I had a Kramer that looked just like that back in the day.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    This thread was started last year, I wonder if any of the early posters who started their diet pills 4 or more months ago would like to come back and post of their success.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_ml2xgkTX5w1qz4rgp.gif
  • Junebuggyzy
    Options
    People, what you're not getting is that many times people lose weight then gain it all back. Over and over. It has nothing to do with diet pills. The reason I posted about my yo-yo dieting, is that is going to be a thing of my past. I intend on changing that. I never will let myself get heavy again.
  • marckromano
    Options
    Markckramono- what kind of results are you getting? I used Garcinia for a while is was ok, but interested in using Phenterpill. I admit, I could increase my workout schedule from little to some.

@Nahuali sorry for the delay, but I haven’t had time to answer you.
    I decided to use this product cause it contains basically the 5 ingredients to lose weight showed by dr oz.
    I am not a doctor so I don't know exactly how this product works but I will reply according what I am seeing from my body. :-)

I am losing weight. I bought this product basically because I want to lose weight for my wife. I have been using it for more than 1 month now and I lost about 15punds this month, probably I will be able to have better results following a healthy diet, but I love McDonald` so at least 2 times per week, I like to eat there.

I feel more energetic, I work all day in front of the computer and when I come back at home,I just want to sleep all night, after taking these pills I feel with more energy and I usually like to walk outside for 20-25 minutes, this is possible when I started using them.

I go more often to the bathroom. Sorry sounds a little "dirty" but it is the true. I used to go the bathroom once every 2 days ( i am not kidding). Now I go regularly every day.

Side effects: once I bought the pills i have spoken with their customer support on chat and asking them about the side effects and they told me that the most common side effects is a sensation of dryness in the mouth and they suggested me to drink at least 2 glasses of water once you get the pill, and at least other 2 glasses of water during my lunch and dinner. I did it and I didn't have any issue, just the first 2 days, I guess I drunk more water. I didn't notice any other side effects, probably because the pill is made only with natural ingredients.

Shipping. I ordered one bottle with the free shipping option. On the site is says 10 days but it took around 5 days and they gave me the tracking number to monitoring it. they used UPSP.

Customer support. Another thing because I decided to buy from them and not from other company is for the live chat customer support. It is a new thing and I liked it a lot. Even if they are not online 24 hours a day, i appreciate the idea to be able to speak with a real person if I need something, and not have to send an email or submit a ticket.

For me the experience is 100% positive and I will buy a new bottle in this days. 1 bottle is for 1 month, they suggested me to take 2 pills per day, but i was a little lazy sometimes, especially on Saturday night and I didn't take it.

This is my experience with this product. I am a happy customer. I don't know if because they are new in the market they are trying to offer the best services they can and with the time they will become like other diet pills company, but from my experiences they are doing great and their products works.

PS: I am not making any money from them or promoting my affiliates links or other things. just want to share with other member my experience. bye
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • peggymunsell
    peggymunsell Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

2202ca75470304ff347209073b44cb2c.png
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Wow.........it's a busy work night, eh guys.

I love this place, it's exciting.

What clued you in? I mean, they didn't exactly post an 800-number and the promise of 30-days free or your money back.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Are you still using this or how did it work?Are
    I've been taking Belviq for 6-7 weeks now and have lost ~17 pounds. I started at just over 218. I am not one of those who has zero appetite. Less definitely... like I can go 4-5 hours without thinking about food but when dinner time rolls around, I am hungry. I am satisfied with less and even over Thanksgiving where I overate and felt gross, it still was not NEARLY as many calories as I'd have typically put away. I mean, I was too stuffed to have pumpkin pie... and I LOVE pumpkin pie!! Especially with lots of whipped cream. LOL

As far as side effects, well, I don't seem to get them anymore. I just feel... normal. I get a little dry mouth if I haven't eaten much but that would happen without the medication. In the beginning, the side effects were there but very mild. I had a headache first week (went away with ibuprofen), some fatigue and dizziness (went away in 2 weeks) and had been sleeping more and definitely more soundly. In the beginning, I would be out instantly and slept 9-11 hrs (if I could!) That went away and now my sleep pattern is the normal 7-8 hrs. I just don't wake up is my husband is rustling around or getting out of bed (he has restless legs) so the sound sleep is still there.

For me, it was a God-send. I have some endocrine problems and losing weight has a uphill, soul-sucking, battle. If you happen to be a responder, it's a great drug.

P.S. My insurance didn't cover it, so my doctor filled out the patient assistance forms for me. Now, all I pay is a $25 copay per mo. Not sure how long that will last, but for now it really helps a lot.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Back to the subject.

You are willing to take Phentermine which is basically speed but you wouldn't want to take a drug mixed with Topamax because it's an anti-seizure medication? :laugh: :huh:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    People, what you're not getting is that many times people lose weight then gain it all back. Over and over. It has nothing to do with diet pills. The reason I posted about my yo-yo dieting, is that is going to be a thing of my past. I intend on changing that. I never will let myself get heavy again.

It absolutely has everything to do with diet pills.

They are relying on diet pills to lose weight because they can't do it themselves.

So once they stop taking the diet pill, they gain all of the weight back plus some because they never truly learned the fundamentals needed to KEEP the weight off.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Back to the subject.

You are willing to take Phentermine which is basically speed but you wouldn't want to take a drug mixed with Topamax because it's an anti-seizure medication? :laugh: :huh:

Also the half pound a week, which is awesome steady loss...
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options

Uh, I think people do get that. Of course the pills work in that you lose weight for a few months- but then what? Yo-yoing is exactly the problem with diet pills :/
  • Junebuggyzy
    Options
    When I quit smoking 10 years ago, I was on a forum where I was criticized for not doing it the natural way. I was criticized because I used the patch, and took Welbutrin. I was told the only right way to quit smoking was cold turkey. Guess what? I am still not smoking, and I wonder how many of them are.

People who are really posting that are asking real questions:
    Just private message me or someone else that cares.

Some people have too much time on their hands and need to make themselves feel better by criticizing what someone else does that works for them. Some people have a need to let people know that their way is the only way. Guess what? When I am at my goal weight and maintaining it for 10 years, will you still be on these forums, fat. and criticizing people for doing it the wrong way?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    Guess what? When I am at my goal weight and maintaining it for 10 years, will you still be on these forums, fat. and criticizing people for doing it the wrong way?

Interesting comment.
    Not everyone commenting against diet pills is fat - one has lost over 150 lb and myself has been at maintenance for 5 months
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    When I quit smoking 10 years ago, I was on a forum where I was criticized for not doing it the natural way. I was criticized because I used the patch, and took Welbutrin. I was told the only right way to quit smoking was cold turkey. Guess what? I am still not smoking, and I wonder how many of them are.

People who are really posting that are asking real questions:
    Just private message me or someone else that cares.

Some people have too much time on their hands and need to make themselves feel better by criticizing what someone else does that works for them. Some people have a need to let people know that their way is the only way. Guess what? When I am at my goal weight and maintaining it for 10 years, will you still be on these forums, fat. and criticizing people for doing it the wrong way?

ooh Feisty. I was on that same smoking support group I believe. I quit smoking cold turkey ten years ago and yes have no interest in smoking now and actually the smell of it makes me want to vomit. My mother, on the other hand, has been on the nicotine patch for five years. But as the PP said, quitting smoking and weight loss are two incredibly different things.

Given your past of yo-yo dieting and your plan to essentially take speed to lose weight, your claim that you will be at goal weight and maintaining it for ten years while the rest of us, who eat right and exercise will be "fat" is wholly not credible. But good luck with that.