What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• LittleLazySheep
    LittleLazySheep Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a Nanny to a little boy :3 But from September I'll be a University student :D
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Paramedic. The "stress" of the job doesn't get to me in the way that you would think....the sitting around waiting/boredom eating is what get me...but on a really busy shift I can burn off whatever I eat!
  • CYaPRN2
    CYaPRN2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Put people to sleep. (Sedation Nurse)
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I own an ice cream truck, which you would think would not be conducive to health, but I don't really like or can't eat most of the stuff I sell. I get up and down out of the driver's seat a lot though. It does leave me enough gym time.
  • Murphy0126
    Murphy0126 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a Group Home Counselor that works off a branch of the hospital. We deal with adults with severe intellectual disabilities who borderline (or in a few cases cross over into) diagnosed psychopathy. Patients attempt to kill me on a daily basis, and I absolutely adore my job. When you make that breakthrough with one of the patients and see a smile on their face, it makes all the difference.

"Find a job that you love going to and hate leaving, and you'll never work a day again in your life".

I've found my happy.

Rob
  • DanielCraigwannabe
    Options
    I get paid by the Govt.
  • cowgirlqueen
    cowgirlqueen Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    ground man or in my case ground woman for a communications company im on my feet all day doing physical labor
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    I'm a RN currently working in private practice.

Good luck to those who have mentioned nursing school! :heart:
  • hei_ma_ma
    hei_ma_ma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have noticed something about this thread. Many of the women describe themselves as a wife and mom first, before they identify the work they do for pay. I don't think a single man on this thread has described himself as a husband and dad first. Point one out if I'm wrong. Why is this so? Are all the men here single?

I'm a single and childless human female for now. I wonder how I will describe myself if/when I am married and/or a mom.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I'm a Group Home Counselor that works off a branch of the hospital. We deal with adults with severe intellectual disabilities who borderline (or in a few cases cross over into) diagnosed psychopathy. Patients attempt to kill me on a daily basis, and I absolutely adore my job. When you make that breakthrough with one of the patients and see a smile on their face, it makes all the difference.

"Find a job that you love going to and hate leaving, and you'll never work a day again in your life".

I've found my happy.

Rob

this is fantastic (your job description and benefits)
    I have noticed something about this thread. Many of the women describe themselves as a wife and mom first, before they identify the work they do for pay. I don't think a single man on this thread has described himself as a husband and dad first. Point one out if I'm wrong. Why is this so? Are all the men here single?

I'm a single and childless human female for now. I wonder how I will describe myself if/when I am married and/or a mom.

im a single guy, no kids and plan on no kids. i cant remember to take my lunch to work at times much less be responsible for another mini-sized human being. while i am immature and youll get no argument from me on that i am mature enough to know that i shouldnt breed
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Playboy millionaire trust fund baby...
    At least in my dreams.
    Feels.
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am retired from the military and currently work as a maintenance man for a mental health center. I am responsible for the maintenance on three buildings in three counties. I spend a lot of time on my feet repairing things and painting which also involves a lot of ladder climbing.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Behavior Therapist for kids with Autism :)

Some days it's really mellow depending on the case, other days kids want me doing a lot of physical play. One kid I have in the morning burns me out sometimes! haha
  • them_and_me
    them_and_me Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a Project Manager for a large vid-ya game company (currently on mat leave). To keep on top of the desk sittin', beer fridays and incredible amounts of cake and food days, I bike to work, snowboard on weekends, play on my company's sports teams and use the stairs.

Doubt I'll be able to keep all that up when I go back to work with my little bambino at home... I'll update you in 7 months :D
  • caddy365
    caddy365 Posts: 46
    Options
    I design electronic computer products. way too much sitting. Got a bike recently and will be riding at night.
  • rdsxfn
    rdsxfn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hang out with (alleged) felons!

AHAHA

I like how you edited this and put in (alleged) .. JUST IN CASE .. :bigsmile:
    innocent until proven GUILTY

UNLESS. Until implies inevitability.
  • them_and_me
    them_and_me Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hang out with (alleged) felons!

AHAHA

I like how you edited this and put in (alleged) .. JUST IN CASE .. :bigsmile:
    innocent until proven GUILTY

UNLESS. Until implies inevitability.

touche (:
  • toshtip
    toshtip Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Former I.T. professional (... still in "recovery" - I moonlight on occasion). As others have said - mostly sedentary work / staring at screens trying to figure out "what happened?!?".

I made a career change almost ten years ago (NOT for health reasons). Currently:

moe.jpg
  • PNewmanTx
    PNewmanTx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a Research Associate at a major SE Texas teaching hospital doing infectious disease research. Most of the job is sedentary, but when working in our containment lab I have to wear a "space suit," which does add a little exercise to the day. It's pretty cool working for some really high level virologists.

I hit the gym after work, and Saturdays, for about an hour to make up for such a sedentary job.
  • miss_sassy35
    Options
    Systems analyst that reviews business and software requirements and determines if they can be tested. If the test case failed and the actual results are not what is expected, then I create a defects and work with IT development to get them resolved for further testing.

I volunteer and read on the weekend .