I need a new husband

Options

Replies

• kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    for some reason I'm really craving bacon right now!

I would do anything for bacon right now. ANYTHING! :explode:
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    cooks bacon sandwich up right now :-)
  • ExtremePhobia
    Options
    I was going to say something witty but the wittiest thing I can think of is... talk to him. Be like, "What was that? How is that supposed to help me? Things like that undermine my weight loss efforts. Would you prefer that I stop and start putting the weight back on?"

Put in terms he understands. He wouldn't want you to put the weight back on, right? So make him understand that he supports what your doing or the weight is going back on because of lack of effort. Why should he reap the rewards of your hard work if he's not willing to support you?

I know you're looking for a laugh but in the end, you need to talk to him or you WILL lose all the work you've put into this and possibly him too (as opposed to possibly getting things to work out and be better).
  • kytte
    Options
    Learn from your mistakes and don't get married again!

Yeah I'm considering downgrading to boyfriend v1.3.1, the one with commitment issues.
  • kytte
    Options
    STACK THAT *kitten*!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options

zwet1t.gif
  • kytte
    Options
    I was going to say something witty but the wittiest thing I can think of is... talk to him. Be like, "What was that? How is that supposed to help me? Things like that undermine my weight loss efforts. Would you prefer that I stop and start putting the weight back on?"

Put in terms he understands. He wouldn't want you to put the weight back on, right? So make him understand that he supports what your doing or the weight is going back on because of lack of effort. Why should he reap the rewards of your hard work if he's not willing to support you?

I know you're looking for a laugh but in the end, you need to talk to him or you WILL lose all the work you've put into this and possibly him too (as opposed to possibly getting things to work out and be better).

Okay I'm going to be real for a second here and tell you that this marriage is beyond repair for a long list of reasons I don't care to share on a public forum because I don't need to air ALL my dirty laundry. But yes, he does actually want me to put the weight back on. Why? Because he's an insecure *kitten* who wants to keep me under his thumb. /rant
  • kittyrevealed
    kittyrevealed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    RUN! Run like the wind! My ex was like that. I'm intensely grateful that we ended it and it was done in such a way that he was the one that felt like he did it. It helps. I'd rather he and his friends talk about the wicked witch ex than still be there. My current guy is much more supportive and caring and loving and I am actually getting healthier along side him and he helps cheer me on.

I hope things get better for you.
  • kytte
    Options
    RUN! Run like the wind! My ex was like that. I'm intensely grateful that we ended it and it was done in such a way that he was the one that felt like he did it. It helps. I'd rather he and his friends talk about the wicked witch ex than still be there. My current guy is much more supportive and caring and loving and I am actually getting healthier along side him and he helps cheer me on.

I hope things get better for you.

Congrats and thank you :)
    Sadly, I'm not financially stable enough to run away from this one yet. Maybe I should start adding requirements to my replacement.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Yes, live with them, don't marry them. It makes upgrading much easier.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^This
  • kytte
    Options
    ^^^^^^This

Yeah I kinda figured that out 2 years ago when I decided I want a divorce and can't seem to get out alive.
  • kytte
    Options
    Okay I guess I need to clarify that by "getting out alive" I do not mean that he beats me (although he'd like to he knows I'd put his *kitten* in the ground). I just mean I can't get out on my own two feet and don't have outside help.

Can we get back to the witty jokes? It was really making my day...
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have one of those.
  • kytte
    Options
    Yes. I have one of those.

have one of what?
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I meant to copy your message where you mentioned that he undermines your weight loss because he is insecure. I have one of those.
  • kytte
    Options
    I meant to copy your message where you mentioned that he undermines your weight loss because he is insecure. I have one of those.

I just can't wrap my head around people like that. Don't they realize it's their behavior that will make us leave, not our achieved good looks?
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the mechanical boyfriend? I hear it doesn't talk back, never tells you no, an dyou can take batteries out at anytime.

They generally lack good conversation ;)

go to toastmasters..... LOL
  • kytte
    Options
    Have you heard of the mechanical boyfriend? I hear it doesn't talk back, never tells you no, an dyou can take batteries out at anytime.

They generally lack good conversation ;)

go to toastmasters..... LOL

Haha don't think that's going to help much. I mean, it's not going to say anything other than vvvvrrrrrrrrr so what's the point? I mean, do I need to take him to Dr. Phil too? lol