Teen girl kicked out of Planet Fitness

Options

Replies

• homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is a joke..

" ... was making other customers uncomfortable."

Seems like Planet Fitness is 90% haters and jealous trolls trying to get the other 10% kicked out of the "Gym".

Sorta like MFP.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    are they geared toward serious lifters? maybe not.

are they marketing geniuses? definitely.

can some people get a great workout there? certainly.

going to pf beats sittin on a couch.

are they the cheapest? no. i go to golds...$10/mo.

PF is the nickelback of gyms...it's just trendy to hate it.

this is from the other Planet Fitness thread going right now, spot on quote though.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    that's almost exactly what I wear to work at Victoria's Secret in the VSX department....
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    That's what you get for joining a 10 dollar a month gym. (yes golds is cheap too, but they spend their membership revenue on weights and barbells, PF spends it on pizza and anti-fitness marketing)

I hope this place stays in business. Keeps all these people out of other gyms.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That place needs to be shut down its just pathetic ... smh
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is a joke..

" ... was making other customers uncomfortable."

Seems like Planet Fitness is 90% haters and jealous trolls trying to get the other 10% kicked out of the "Gym".

Sorta like MFP.

:laugh:
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what the problem is with other Planet Fitness locations. Mine is full of men and women in very little clothing grunting while lifting... the alarm never goes off, no one ever gets thrown out. I'm glad my location isn't this way.
  • AshwinA7
    AshwinA7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I saw a TV ad for PF where they specifically said, "It's not a gym. It's Planet Fitness."

So they are clearly trying to create something some other exercise niche place that people don't associate with a gym.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    working out in my snow suit... omg
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness isn't even a gym. It's just a place for *kitten* to go and feel sorry for themselves.

Best quote in the thread

:laugh: ok that is funny... much better than not going tho
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    ridiculous.
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness in Waterford, MI?!?
    Hahah! This is the one down the street from my house.

Although it's been a little while... I go there from time to time and I've seen waaaay more scantily clad people in there. (One of whom has been me.) I'm a bit confused by this...

I think I'll stop by soon in some skin tight short-shorts. I know how to make a scene.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I joined a PF recently (about 3 weeks ago). Based on all of the press I was afraid to breath at first when using the free weights or slide up my sleeves when curling. It seems like a pretty okay gym where I go. People don't seem uptight or easily offended. Time will tell. I work out as I normally would and no issues yet! :)

That's because PF is a franchise and most locations are just fine. It just depends on the local owner. Mine is fine. Actually most of the people I see there have just as good of a body as some of the people here knocking it. There are more 'fit' people at mine than fat and there is plenty of judgement that goes on (college town=bros). There are a ton of free weights and I have heard the lunk alarm one time in two years, because of someone messing around.

Once again, these are independently owned places. The actions of a couple do not represent every single location in existence.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It's a tank top, they are not allowed at PF. I still don't get it. Glad I have a gym that doesn't have stupid policies, I live in tanks at the gym.

I've seen plenty of people at my Planet Fitness in tank tops, sports bras, jeans and hats. All are against the dress code... except tank tops. I've never seen in my contract where tank tops are not allowed. I wear them all the time.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That's what you get for joining a 10 dollar a month gym. (yes golds is cheap too, but they spend their membership revenue on weights and barbells, PF spends it on pizza and anti-fitness marketing)

I hope this place stays in business. Keeps all these people out of other gyms.

I hope they stay in business too. I guess that will keep me out of your real gym. haha
  • dodgecumminsJD
    Options
    Wow - Thats like normal gym wear. Haters gonna hate.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Why do people go to Planet Sh*tttness anyway? That is by far the worst place to ever go workout. I rather workout at home lifting buckets of water and sacks of sands than ever stepping in that stupid place.
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so impressed with all the experts in here. Give me a break people!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so impressed with all the experts in here. Give me a break people!

It's because I wear a head band, isn't it? That's why I seem like an expert.