Long or short hair....which do you prefer?

Options

Replies

• IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    anne-hathaway-pixie-haircut-brunch-at-saks.jpg
    ^^^ He's got a really hot sister with longer hair.

Women can't have short hair?
    Didn't say that and it isn't a matter of can or can't... it's should or shouldn't. Anne is twice as attractive with long hair.
    anne-hathaway-long-to-short-hair-636.jpg
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options

Ohhhhhhhhhhh...
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Honestly, I want her neck. Alas, no matter how much weight I lose, I'll always look like a linebacker. ^_^
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I can't picture myself ever in real short hair...I have had it shoulder length or a little longer for many years (except for the ugly bi-level cut in the 80s!). This all stems from the horrors of 8th grade. I had had long hair almost to my waist in 7th grade and eventually got it cut to my shoulders. The summer going into 8th grade, I asked for shorter feathered back hair, and the lady chopped it off into a pixie. This was 1976 so not really the style anymore. The worst part is, I was mistaken for a boy TWICE that year after this disaster of a haircut ...it didn't help that I was really scrawny and looked like I was in grade stool still. I've NEVER recovered from that !! LOL!!! I don't think I'd be mistaken for a guy any longer, but I don't want to take the chance on being mistaken for my brother :laugh:
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I recently cut my hair into a pixie and I love it so very much.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Short on myself because I have one of those lovely necks.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I prefer short hair, because it's easier than dealing with than long. But it doesn't suit me. *sigh*

See, I find short harder. I had to put stuff in it and get it cut every 3-4 weeks if I wanted it to stay in the style I liked. Long = pony tail.

Oh, maybe other people actually style long hair....
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i love my long hair....i've had all lengths except pixie short and long hair just works better...but some day (who knows when) i'd like to rock a pixie. i just feel like i'd want to lose some weight first ;)
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Didn't say that and it isn't a matter of can or can't... it's should or shouldn't. Anne is twice as attractive with long hair.

I think she's beautiful with either hairstyle
    Anne would look beautiful wearing a doo rag and a moo moo, but the fact remains: she's still more attractive with long hair.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I just cut 9" off my hair... it was scary but it looks so much healthier. I have very fine hair so when it gets long it starts to look ratty and stringy. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it because it was straight when it was long but now it kind of does whatever it wants and goes in a million directions!
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Growing mine back out...but really if you can rock short hair do it. I donated 15 inches last August and I miss my long hair.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I heard a comedian say once women don't take beauty advice from other women its competition were in. I had a friend tell me big foreheads where in so I should shave my head. Very funny skit probably not as funny with me telling it.

My opinion is Long, I love long hair. Some girls look great with short hair and those that do look super hot. But those that can't pull it off look like militant feminist. (ooh I am going to get hated on for that comment but oh well that's my opinion).

I also want to add hair grows back so if you want to try it try.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I just cut 9" off my hair... it was scary but it looks so much healthier. I have very fine hair so when it gets long it starts to look ratty and stringy. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it because it was straight when it was long but now it kind of does whatever it wants and goes in a million directions!

Same here. When it's long I feel like it needs to be brushed every 5 minutes and it just hangs there limp and lifeless.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I love love love my hair long. The shape of my face doesn't look so great with short hair.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I prefer long hair for myself. I went from a long hair to short and I hated it!! Looking back on it now, it wasn't so bad... not that I'll cut it that short for a while though. :tongue:

photo4_zps904cb978.png

TO:

iphone392_zpsdef11940.png
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I prefer short hair, because it's easier than dealing with than long. But it doesn't suit me. *sigh*

See, I find short harder. I had to put stuff in it and get it cut every 3-4 weeks if I wanted it to stay in the style I liked. Long = pony tail.

Oh, maybe other people actually style long hair....

I find shorter hard much more difficult. With long hair, I can go 3-4 days without washing it. Short hair, it's a daily event it looks greasy. Even styling long hair (I will change my pic in a second) takes me about 15 minutes, 20 if I am drying it. Short hair takes at least 15, but usually longer to make it lay nice. Bad hair days are much more obvious because no pony.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Anne would look beautiful wearing a doo rag and a moo moo, but the fact remains: she's still more attractive with long hair.

To you.

But maybe she doesn't care if you find her attractive. Maybe she wants to be different. Maybe she wants to present a different image to the media and potential employers. Maybe she knows the man in her life will lover her no matter what and just wants to use her hair as a fun accessory.

Being slightly more attractive to the male population in general is not a big motivator for some women. When my hair was short I knew most men probably didn't like. Even my husband didn't like it, but I did. It was fun, sporty, different, something I'd always wanted to try.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I actually am considering chopping my hair off super short. Like a pixie cut. I'm building up to it. Each time I go for a haircut, I go shorter and shorter.

I think that I'm going to go for it this year.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options

To you.

But maybe she doesn't care if you find her attractive. Maybe she wants to be different. Maybe she wants to present a different image to the media and potential employers. Maybe she knows the man in her life will lover her no matter what and just wants to use her hair as a fun accessory.

Being slightly more attractive to the male population in general is not a big motivator for some women. When my hair was short I knew most men probably didn't like. Even my husband didn't like it, but I did. It was fun, sporty, different, something I'd always wanted to try.

No I think every guy felt that way about Anne chopping her hair. You didn't care that your husband hated it?