what do you reward yourself after losing weight?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• palkhan
    palkhan Posts: 1
    Options
    cookies!
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    I got a tattoo when I lost 80. Usually my rewards were a couple new things in my size, but when I get to my goal weight...I'm probably just getting more tattoos.

It's an addiction.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    New suit. With a waistcoat.
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 years old, and after losing another 35 pounds, I'm going to get my first tattoo! Then another one after the next 50 pounds!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Food.

That's the wrong answer, right?
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Food.

That's the wrong answer, right?

Probably, but SAME.

I wouldn't say I use it as a 'reward' per se, but I usually have a small cheat meal or day, just to remind myself that I can do that & still be successful. Today, for example, I was out all day shopping & discovered while trying on dresses at one of my favorite stores that I had gone down a size. WOO! Afterwards, I went to lunch at Wendy's. I always get the 4-piece nugget w/o sauce, value fries, & water/diet coke when I go, which adds up to ~400 calories, but today I let myself get the small chocolate frosty instead of the water/DC. WORTH IT.
  • coconuttjd
    Options
    I actually don't reward myself with anything tangible. I find the journey and the achievement of milestones to be extremely gratifying.

I just wish people would stop telling me I look great when I run into them now after busying myself with getting healthy.

All this positive attention... It's starting to go to my head. ;-)
  • coconuttjd
    Options
    I agree with Coconut...I have lost 25+ lbs in a month and a half and know I still have a long ways to go so I just keep on truckin'. It's reward enough to know it's happening. I know that soon enough, I'll get back into clothes I have in storage from a smaller me era and I'll 'reward' myself then by getting new clothes that fit better.

I don't mind flattery but in moderation...it is nice to know that my sacrifices are paying off.

I keep thinking of this coming summer and how much better I will look and feel.

Smart guy, this guy. lol

Ultimately when I'm done losing weight and getting fit again, I will be designing an all new wardrobe for myself rather than just buying off the rack. I want clothes that fit me perfectly because they were made for me.

My reward is going to be feeling great. Hard to beat that.
  • DesiraeVosk
    DesiraeVosk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get myself a belly button ring!
  • bpage118
    bpage118 Posts: 1
    Options
    A massage! Groupon has some pretty good deals :)
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You'll be getting new shoes soon, you look fabulous! wonderful job! you literally just helped me find my motivation again and Ive been struggling so hard lately trying to find it. Thank you!
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like to put away a little money away every now then to buy new clothes when Im all done. :smile:
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good Health & Fitness . Keep on tracking. Seems good enough reward for a planned future of healthy habits.
  • macandjeeze
    Options
    I never reward myself with food, im not a dog ahaha

Made me laugh! You make a good point :)
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Reading your responses made me realize that I just reward myself with things constantly for no reason. Clothes, mani/pedis, makeup....Maybe I should stop buying for awhile and go crazy when I meet my goal.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get way from the idea that food is a reward, so instead I buy myself things that can help me with my health goals. Nice new pair of walking shoes, a cute yoga outfit, etc.