Women's opinion, Men's swimwear

Options

Replies

• SavageAbbey
    Options
    964986d1346549860-wausau-r-c-racers-oval-road-course-carpet-racing-borat-thong.jpg

O M G that is just foul
  • glairestone
    Options
    I think guys look smart in short pants and t-shirt.
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I think guys look smart in short pants and t-shirt.

Probably even more intelligent if they wore parkas at the beach
  • FloyMcCaudie
    FloyMcCaudie Posts: 1,132
    Options
    Hell. My swimwear is only kleins :-p
  • zipperfall
    zipperfall Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just have to say I find the comments here from the women to be pretty offensive, sexist and ignorant. What if we turned the question to instead of what a man should wear - what a woman should wear. I cannot believe the intollerance I'm hearing here. Should we apply the sames rules to women - no fat chicks in bikinis - no muffin tops exposed - no fat guts sticking out, let's ban camel toes? Give me a break girls. If you applied the same rules to women that you're talking about for men most of you would be walking around in patio dresses. Let's drop the double standard folks. I'm sorry - I'm blown away by this .

I think some women should be aware that if they do not have the body for a two-piece or bikini they shouldn't wear one just like men should be aware if they cannot pull off the tiny trunks or a speedo. Women that get offended because someone mentions that a very large woman shouldn't be wearing a bikini are confusing to me. :noway:

THIS!! Yes, I agree you should ABSOLUTELY be comfortable in what you wear. You should like what you're wearing, but let's be real here, there are some things that just aren't flattering. For example, people here tell me "oh, wear a bikini! anyone can rock a bikini!" NO. That is not true. I do not look good in a bikini, but I feel and look great in a tankini.

Now, the OP asked for WOMEN'S OPINIONS on Men's swimwear. Everyone is completely entitled to their opinion and that is what they are doing: giving their opinion. I personally do not like speedos; they creep me out. However, if this is what the OP wants to wear, will that make me think of him as less of a human being? No, of course not!
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Never wear speedos, please. No one wants to see your junk in a tight piece of fabric.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I just have to say I find the comments here from the women to be pretty offensive, sexist and ignorant. What if we turned the question to instead of what a man should wear - what a woman should wear. I cannot believe the intollerance I'm hearing here. Should we apply the sames rules to women - no fat chicks in bikinis - no muffin tops exposed - no fat guts sticking out, let's ban camel toes? Give me a break girls. If you applied the same rules to women that you're talking about for men most of you would be walking around in patio dresses. Let's drop the double standard folks. I'm sorry - I'm blown away by this .

I think some women should be aware that if they do not have the body for a two-piece or bikini they shouldn't wear one just like men should be aware if they cannot pull off the tiny trunks or a speedo. Women that get offended because someone mentions that a very large woman shouldn't be wearing a bikini are confusing to me. :noway:

THIS!! Yes, I agree you should ABSOLUTELY be comfortable in what you wear. You should like what you're wearing, but let's be real here, there are some things that just aren't flattering. For example, people here tell me "oh, wear a bikini! anyone can rock a bikini!" NO. That is not true. I do not look good in a bikini, but I feel and look great in a tankini.

Now, the OP asked for WOMEN'S OPINIONS on Men's swimwear. Everyone is completely entitled to their opinion and that is what they are doing: giving their opinion. I personally do not like speedos; they creep me out. However, if this is what the OP wants to wear, will that make me think of him as less of a human being? No, of course not!

This. Woman should know whether they have the body for a bikini or not. I mean - can fat woman not wear a bikini? Of course not, they are entitled to wear whatever they want but I'd think people would rather wear a swimsuit that flattered them rather than expose them in places they don't want to be.
  • sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Trust me. It's speedos you want.

awards-Joost-Pedro-1024x667.jpg
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    If you have the body for it, these:

Mens-Swim-Trunks-For-Spring-Summer-2013-7.jpg
  • deanna418
    deanna418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    An appropriate use of the Speedo.

c9c9363db04fe322a1b6702cff899999.jpg?itok=CCgN2inB

You're welcome.

THANK YOU!

Board shorts unless you look like that above!
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Never wear speedos, please. No one wants to see your junk in a tight piece of fabric.

There are some men who have junk I wouldn't mind seeing. Just saying.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

Agreed. My husband is one of the only men I know who could honestly pull this off (for a huge variety of reasons) but I still don't want to see that when it's swimming time. He would do better in trunks or board shorts.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    interesting. Looks like 1/2 of women or More like boardshorts. Why is that? Guys like girls in small bikinis, would have thought girls would have liked men in smaller suits?

1/2 the women? Looks like 90% of the women like boardshorts.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I love the double standard here.

If a guy wears a speedo with a less than perfect body, it is gross. But we are supposed to accept women in bikinis regardless of her fitness level.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I don't care how good looking and in shape you are, unless you're swimming at the Y, wear board shorts. There are rules, man! Rulz! :grumble:
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love the double standard here.

If a guy wears a speedo with a less than perfect body, it is gross. But we are supposed to accept women in bikinis regardless of her fitness level.

^^^ This. It's what I was going to post. Men, wear what ever the hell makes you feel comfortable. Honestly I like board shorts/trunks, but that's just because they look more comfy to me. But I like all men's body types so... wear whatever the hells you want.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Naila-Swim-2011-Mens-Swimwear-Trends-Summer-2011.jpg

i think they all skipped leg day
    except maybe the one on the riiight..

Ding Ding!! Exactly. Board shorts are ridiculous for just this reason. Too frequently we see the bowed-up chest and the legs were clearly an afterthought -- if attended to at all. As another poster said, Board Shorts = grown man in boy's clothing.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    What about banana hammocks?
    dude. this is like the third or fourth zombie thread that has been bumped by you today. you must be super ****ing bored.

also: i agree with the double standard comment. and, my man would look hot in any of the above, but he's hottest naked :smokin:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I like all the swimsuits on all the men:-)
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This is so silly. Men, regardless of your body, wear whatever you want and are comfortable in. Same with women. I may think it's unflattering if I see someone who doesn't have the best body in a speedo or a bikini, but you know what? It's no one's responsibility to dress in such a way that they provide pleasant scenery for me, and if it bothers me, it's my problem, not theirs.