Feel like I just ruined my journey... I am failure

Options
124»

Replies

• hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OP, you are doing great! Time to give yourself a break and stop that fretting! There are going to be stumbling blocks along the way.....sometimes you can side-step them or step over them.....other times, you will have to pick yourself up, dust off and continue on the journey! A sense of humor helps! Laugh and move on! :flowerforyou:

In fairness the op is not doing great and i am not one for the go girl culture, they have lost a little weight, doing great is a stretch

You're ****ting me, right?

not at all, too many on here believe sugar coating helps, weak people need to wake up, 4 pounds in a month isn't great, wonderful, magic or even average, if someone says i look like brad pitt doesn't make it so, i know i am more like johnny depp

What are you talking about? 4 pounds a month averages a pound a week, which IS average and healthy. You need to get off your high horse and spread your rubbish elsewhere.

+1

to be pedantic 4 pounds a month isn't a pound a week, it also couldn't be perceived as great, average at best which was my point, but in mfp style yeah 4 pounds a month is monumental. you go girl, keep it up, whoopee etc......

or the op could evaluate and do better which long term would help them but no negatives here, no sir

Oh noes, I've only lost 4 lbs since February, I should just give up, I'm doing terribly.

Don't give up just do better besides you might only need to lose a little anyhow, either way eye of the tiger and all that
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Step back and ask yourself, what exactly have you ruined? And for how long will this ruination last?
  • SuperShell0812
    Options
    A quote I find helpful is "one day at a time." You can't go faster than that and one day at a time isn't so hard. Stop obsessing about weight loss, pursue other hobbies and interests, and eventually you WILL get there! You can do it!
  • dgeorgiadis
    dgeorgiadis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Every minute is another chance to turn it around. You are not a failure, you are human. I've done it and everybody on this site has or else we wouldn't be here. Chin up!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    OP, you are doing great! Time to give yourself a break and stop that fretting! There are going to be stumbling blocks along the way.....sometimes you can side-step them or step over them.....other times, you will have to pick yourself up, dust off and continue on the journey! A sense of humor helps! Laugh and move on! :flowerforyou:

In fairness the op is not doing great and i am not one for the go girl culture, they have lost a little weight, doing great is a stretch

not at all, too many on here believe sugar coating helps, weak people need to wake up, 4 pounds in a month isn't great, wonderful, magic or even average, if someone says i look like brad pitt doesn't make it so, i know i am more like johnny depp

What are you talking about? 4 pounds a month averages a pound a week, which IS average and healthy. You need to get off your high horse and spread your rubbish elsewhere.

+1

to be pedantic 4 pounds a month isn't a pound a week, it also couldn't be perceived as great, average at best which was my point, but in mfp style yeah 4 pounds a month is monumental. you go girl, keep it up, whoopee etc......

or the op could evaluate and do better which long term would help them but no negatives here, no sir

Oh noes, I've only lost 4 lbs since February, I should just give up, I'm doing terribly.

Don't give up just do better besides you might only need to lose a little anyhow, either way eye of the tiger and all that

I'm sorry my 74lb loss isn't good enough for your standards. I'll carry on doing exactly what I'm doing and having a wonderful time, thanks.
  • hilts1969
    Options

+1

I'm sorry my 74lb loss isn't good enough for your standards. I'll carry on doing exactly what I'm doing and having a wonderful time, thanks.

good girl carry on you will get there one day

all the best

chins up
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

+1

all the best

chins up

You're so funny. I'm holding my sides together because they are splitting.
  • dgeorgiadis
    dgeorgiadis Posts: 95 Member
    Options

+1

all the best

chins up

You are all so mean to each other. This is supposed to be a supportive site. Sure accountability is important but ripping each other apart seems really counterproductive.
  • hilts1969
    Options

+1

all the best

chins up

You are all so mean to each other. This is supposed to be a supportive site. Sure accountability is important but ripping each other apart seems really counterproductive.

I have a girls blouse for sale at 5 dollars, good condition and comes with a bette davies drama queen compilation cd
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    If we didnt have set backs we wouldnt learn. So instead of thinking of yourself as failure thinking of yourself as a teacher. You are teaching yourself what you should or shouldnt do. Nothing in life is perfect so dont expect this whole weight loss journey to be perfect either. Its a rollercoaster ride and you are going to go up and down. But remember you only fail when you have stopped trying. So in my books you are far from a failure! Chin up! :)
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Look I don't know what you do for a living, but honestly you should be a comedian! I am laughing so hard after reading this thread. I've had my medicinal daily dose of laughter - so good for the soul. For goodness sake everyone else, take this man's responses 'with a pinch of salt'. He obviously doesn't know any better. :wink:
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    do you want the blouse or not
    You forgot the question mark. :laugh: