Juice Cleanse Challenge

Options
123457»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    QUESTION!

What's the difference between the OP's challenge and IF other than the fact that she'll be getting awesome nutrients during the fast?

IF doesn't last 3 to 10 days.

(she's eating every day. you skip that part?)

No she's not. She said "3 days, maybe 10 days of just drinking juice throughout the day, then incorporating lean meat with veggies for dinner and doing light activity daily"

I guess you missed that?

Reading is hard.

LOLWUT!

Reading IS hard for some. Good lord. hahaha

So you acknowledge, then, that you misread her post? She is indeed talking about just drinking juice for 3-10 days. Which is not necessarily going to harm her (although diarrhea can dehydrate you and also cause irritation of the lower digestive tract), but it is completely unnecessary for weight loss and/or health.

not in the least. you misread her post.

she's eating every night.

No, she's not:
    I'm going to start a Juice Cleanse Challenge. 3 days, maybe 10 days of just drinking juice throughout the day, then incorporating lean meat with veggies for dinner and doing light activity daily.

"JUST drinking juice throughout the day, THEN incorporating lean meat with veggies for dinner" means JUST juice for 3-10 days, and after this period has ended, she is going to incorporate solid food.

You're still misinterpreting her meaning. You're following the grammar, not the intent.

Are you friends with the OP? If not, how do you know her intent was different than her grammar?

deduction. "drinking juice throughout the day" (insinuating day time) and then mentions dinner in the subsequent section as if to modify the first statement. The only confusing aspect of the grammar is the use of the word then. If she used "and" we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But she didn't say "and".

She said "then".

Why would you assume that she meant something other than what she said?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    1359640160776143305.GIF

In Ross.

FIFY

I can't look at that GIF the same way anymore.
  • aquiva33
    aquiva33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do this occasionally it makes you feel better. I can't hurt you if it's just for a few days.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    For what it's worth, I totally read it as Juice all day and light dinner as well. Sometimes grammer is used incorrectly, sometimes it's read wrong, Either way, I don't understand why it's such a big deal...

Ahh so you went to school and learned reading comprehension as well. Congrats. It seems to be a rare thing around these parts.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    QUESTION!

What's the difference between the OP's challenge and IF other than the fact that she'll be getting awesome nutrients during the fast?

No she's not. She said "3 days, maybe 10 days of just drinking juice throughout the day, then incorporating lean meat with veggies for dinner and doing light activity daily"

I guess you missed that?

Reading is hard.

LOLWUT!

So you acknowledge, then, that you misread her post? She is indeed talking about just drinking juice for 3-10 days. Which is not necessarily going to harm her (although diarrhea can dehydrate you and also cause irritation of the lower digestive tract), but it is completely unnecessary for weight loss and/or health.

No, she's not:
    I'm going to start a Juice Cleanse Challenge. 3 days, maybe 10 days of just drinking juice throughout the day, then incorporating lean meat with veggies for dinner and doing light activity daily.

"JUST drinking juice throughout the day, THEN incorporating lean meat with veggies for dinner" means JUST juice for 3-10 days, and after this period has ended, she is going to incorporate solid food.

You're still misinterpreting her meaning. You're following the grammar, not the intent.

Are you friends with the OP? If not, how do you know her intent was different than her grammar?

deduction. "drinking juice throughout the day" (insinuating day time) and then mentions dinner in the subsequent section as if to modify the first statement. The only confusing aspect of the grammar is the use of the word then. If she used "and" we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But she didn't say "and".

She said "then".

Why would you assume that she meant something other than what she said?

ScreenShot3617.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I totally read it as Juice all day and light dinner as well. Sometimes grammer is used incorrectly, sometimes it's read wrong, Either way, I don't understand why it's such a big deal...

Sometimes.......... :indifferent:

:laugh: :laugh:

Kelsey Grammer; Actor in Frasier.

Grammar; a word used to describe how we write and speak.

Was that mean? I'm kind of a grammar-phile.

giphy.gif
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    QUESTION!

I guess you missed that?

Reading is hard.

LOLWUT!

No, she's not:

Yeah that isn't what she meant, because you only incorporate something if you took it out. So she is doing a Juice only fast for 3-10 days, and the incorporate meat and veggies back into her diet after that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Sometimes.......... :indifferent:

:laugh: :laugh:

Kelsey Grammer; Actor in Frasier.

Grammar; a word used to describe how we write and speak.

Was that mean? I'm kind of a grammar-phile.

giphy.gif

of all the philes u can be...that's like, the best one.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    and? then?

And then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp5nUQkgWIc

edit: already beat to this by a posted photo but that's OK. :smile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I do this occasionally it makes you feel better. I can't hurt you if it's just for a few days.

No, it doesn't. It's all in your head. Kind of like when you are around someone who is contagiously sick and you start feeling sick.

It would make me feel worse, much worse. If I drank nothing but juice I would probably be in a diabetic coma from all the sugar.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well since we all couldn't get along, this thread will be locked due to the below violated rules:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
This discussion has been closed.