What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options
1293031323335»

Replies

• scuttlez
    scuttlez Posts: 51
    Options
    In high school I was almost 230 pounds. I had lost my virginity to this guy I was seeing who I thought was the greatest thing in the world. One time he said, "you have a real cute face. If you lost some weight, you'd be hot." That killed me inside. Then I found out he was screwing everything else in sight. God, I felt so stupid.

8 years later when I was still on Facebook he sent me a message after seeing a picture I posted of myself after losing 85 pounds. He apologized for that thing he said, which I was sure he forgot. He regretted making me cry that day... ::eyeroll:: Couldn't apologize when I was weeping though, right?
  • sunnyeuphoria
    sunnyeuphoria Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "You look good now (I weighed 115 lb and was tired and hangry all the time) but if you ever get to 130 lbs we can be friends but we won't be sleeping together."--said by ex douche bf.

Hey, I think I know this guy! lol
  • ashleyjohnstonn1
    ashleyjohnstonn1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    "I have never dated someone fat before, I'm trying to get used to it."
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Well it was not really a comment, but there is this one time i walked into an elevator (while i was over 120kg) with 3 pretty girls/woman standing already in it.

Then 1 of them stared at me, shaking her head in a no, then sigh and point out the sign in the elevator that said no more then 1000 kg

Then started giggling with her friends... had to go down 6 floors, worst elevator ride ever for me

This is probably one of the worst ones I've read so far on here tbh. I'm really sorry you had to go through that. I couldn't imagine being stuck in an elevator with 3 horrible people like that. But Kudos to you cause look at you now!!!!! :)
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Once when I was 14 I was getting myself a bowl of ice cream and my step-dad came in the kitchen and made some comment about my food choices and said "Look at you. Who would ever want you?" And he looked me up and down while he said it. That was long ago, and when I mentioned it to him a while back he was shocked and didn't even remember saying it and apologized (he said the insult years before getting on medication for his mental issues and he's much better now). Even though...easily the meanest thing that I've ever experienced.
  • Rissyroo513
    Rissyroo513 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've gotten it all my life, however, the worst and most lasting was from my ex. I was about 60 pounds lighter than I am now and he would never once tell me I was pretty. He would always say "You're working on it". He would then constantly comment on how big other people are when they were smaller than i was and then qualify it with "but I know your personality".

I still have trouble accepting when people tell me I'm beautiful.
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant, my now ex husband told me I didn't even look pregnant, just chunky. I had only gained about 20 pounds due to being so sick the first trimester and losing weight and had some complications we didn't know about until birth, but needless to say, there's a reason why the word "ex" is now in front of husband...
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Last year at work we were doing Secret Santa and when I opened my gift, part of it was an Abs Workout DVD.

The gift didn't offend me (if anything, it motivated me).

What did offend me, was another work colleague who found it so hilarious she couldn't stop laughing.
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    I had picked my daughter up from the airport after her visit with my sister. We were on our way home, waiting for the light rail. A woman walked up and asked me how much I weighed and proceeded to tell me how horrible a parent I was to my gorgeous daughter for being so fat.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    nobody has been mean to me when I was fat. I sort of wish someone had. just kidding but now when I post before pics and my after I get told how much younger I look now. It has me thinking : I guess I looked old before??
  • emilygus
    emilygus Posts: 8
    Options
    I taught in China for a couple of years and started out weighing 230, I was losing the weight by eating super healthy there, so by the time I left I was about 150. But almost every new class/ new student would practice their English, especially when we got to the descriptive/comparison lessons, by saying: "Teacher, you're FAT!" or some variation. I got used to it after awhile and got to know the culture (there is really just nothing they WON'T say), but for the first few months it did nothing to help the homesick depression.
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My ex sister in law said...If you keep losing all this weight you might be able to look good in a bikini.

That's incredibly evil sheesh...I think you're beautiful
  • PAWeissenstein
    PAWeissenstein Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had someone on a bus tell me I was fat. My response was "I'm fat. You're ugly. I can diet." She got up and off the bus. I was much younger then and yes - maybe it was cruel but that was then. This is now. I hope I've grown up somewhat in the last 30 plus years.