Has anyone met there goal weight eating 1200 calories??

Options

Replies

• 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    1200 for days to eat more on cheat days.
    once i averaged 1450 and then had cheat days aswell and lost nothing because average went up :(
    hypothyroid here so no comments for normal people with normal metaboilsms
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    1200 is usually the minimum calories you should eat. you might want to look into TDEE and calculate it for your body exactly. you might need to eat more than 1200 if you are doing a lot of exercise with the personal trainer
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Unnecessary. All of this miniscule calorie talk
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I really don't get the craziness. I am a 5'8 172lb female and MFP told me to lose 1.5lbs per week I need 1290 cals. Why do people get so worked up if that is what the dang website says to do? Again, I know this is old but I have seen like 5 of these post jus browsing the boards today.
    bump
  • norwegiansubmarine
    Options
    I've lost 4kg so far eating just that! Make sure you're eating plenty of fibre and good fats! Good luck to you :smile:
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    OH FFS :noway:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've eaten at 1200 the most part of my weight loss. I started out at 1600 and went down to 1400 but been at 1200 for awhile. Got 10 more pounds to go and I'll be done.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I set my calorie goal at 900. I have consumed more than 900 on a few days but keep in mind everyday I try to burn at least 400 calories a day. I have lost 14lbs so far. I didn't start logging on MFP until the end of January. I started this diet 5 weeks ago. It is very hard to meet a calorie goal but once you accomplish a week of it you will do fine.

She said 1200 NOT 900. And she definitely didnt say 500 net cals. Good luck with your starvation diet
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    My dinner goal was 1200. Clocked in at 1151. So I almost met my goal.
  • lavondastokes
    Options
    I am the same way. I have a problem reaching 1200 calories a day. Im not hungry. I have been power walking/ jogging 4.5 miles a day and now i have gain 2 lbs :(

Any suggestions? I am currently at 137 and want to get down to 127. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • Serena272
    Serena272 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    alot of the time and i know you cant see if until you look farther back in my diary but i usually eat from 1200-1600 roughly but by the time im done working ( i clean houses) most of the time i burn about 700+ then if i work out after ect i have been known sometimes too even be in the negatives even after i eat and stuff... its weird when that happens because i have no idea if i should really be eating all those calories back or if i should be just leaving it.
  • heidi2044
    Options
    Susan, what was your workout regime during those 10 months. What did you do, and how often per week?
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • linzinoga
    linzinoga Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been logging everything for 5 weeks and have lost 1 stone. Not much exercise either but it is coming off. 1200 calories works for me and sometimes I go over and still lose. I have a treat once a week either an English breakfast or a takeaway. My goal is another stone then il be happy. Good luck x
  • abippower
    abippower Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing any weight on 1200 calories! I mostly eat either just below 1200 calories or a little bit over on my greedy-days, but never more than 1600, my BMR says I need to be eating as much as 1600 to maintain my current weight. But I've been eating mostly below plus doing cardio and weight lifting. I've been eating like this for a couple of months, I'm never starving, so my body can't be in starvation mode. No matter how much I go to the gym or take long long walks, no matter how much I eat just on my calorie limit or below I'm not losing weight.
    When I started to lose weight 2years ago, I started at 203lbs and lost 2lbs weekly. I took a break from my commitment of diet and exercise last year when I weighed 168lbs and I quickly in just under half a year (because I started eating proper meals which I hadn't done in awhile. It even caused me to get really ill and bloated, just eating actual meals!) put weight back on. I've gone up a dress size and now weigh 183lbs. But the weight isn't shifting as quickly as it used to when I was bigger.
    Help!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing any weight on 1200 calories!
    then you're either over estimating / not logging accurately / not weighing accurately.. or there could be medical issues at play. thyroid, for example.

that said, you'll get a lot more help if you create your own thread.

Also, when you set up your MFP account... the "I wanna lose 2lbs per week" was too aggressive. Change it to 1lb (since you have a 20 lbs goal), get/use a food scale to accurately weigh/measure everything that you're eating.

Finally, if your BMR is 1600, I can't fathom why you're eating under that by an average of 400 calories.
  • annalicous
    annalicous Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I struggle to meet the 1200 calories. Other times I wish it was a lot more.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing any weight on 1200 calories! I mostly eat either just below 1200 calories or a little bit over on my greedy-days, but never more than 1600, my BMR says I need to be eating as much as 1600 to maintain my current weight. But I've been eating mostly below plus doing cardio and weight lifting. I've been eating like this for a couple of months, I'm never starving, so my body can't be in starvation mode. No matter how much I go to the gym or take long long walks, no matter how much I eat just on my calorie limit or below I'm not losing weight.
    When I started to lose weight 2years ago, I started at 203lbs and lost 2lbs weekly. I took a break from my commitment of diet and exercise last year when I weighed 168lbs and I quickly in just under half a year (because I started eating proper meals which I hadn't done in awhile. It even caused me to get really ill and bloated, just eating actual meals!) put weight back on. I've gone up a dress size and now weigh 183lbs. But the weight isn't shifting as quickly as it used to when I was bigger.
    Help!

You are confusing bmr with tdee. For maintenance you would eat at your tdee.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I lost a stupid amount of weight when I started out and was eating 1200 calories. This was before I read anything on healthy, sustainable weight loss. Thankfully, it was when I was in the obese BF%, so I would like to hope I didn't sacrifice too much lean body mass doing it. There's no way in hell I'd eat 1200 calories to my goal weight. Which, now isn't even a number. I'm 116 lbs 5'3.5" and maintain eating around 2250 calories. I lost most of my weight NETTING 1650. I slowly upped my calories by 100 as I closed in on my goal BF% so that maintaining would be smooth sailing. I would rather have more calories to work with than less.