Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Options
I have been reading posts here and think I found my best fit here. 28 days ago I was at 332 lbs and have lost 11 so far. I am 46, 5'9" and healthy except the major arthritis and tendon issues in my feet that keep me from so many exercises it isn't funny. I just want to get to 167 lbs and that is not unreasonable. The doctor would like me to be at 140. We will see how I feel about it when I reach my current goal.

I lost 125 lbs once and gained it back. My fault entirely. Suffice it to say depression eating sucks you in, but I have a feeling you all know about how that works and the downward spiral you head into. I made some major changes in my life and am making more. Right now it is time for this one.

I refuse to stay this size. Especially not after I experienced being able to buy clothes in a regular store. I loved being able to visit friends or go to barbecues without having to consider either bringing my own chair or standing the whole time because you know there will not be a chair big enough or sturdy enough for you. If you have not experienced being kicked off an amusement park ride because the safety locks wouldn't engage over your chest, be happy. I have and it is not a good feeling. I screwed up, but I will get back there, and stay there.

We can all do this. Just don't lose sight of the goal. I lost sight in a big way and that will not happen again.

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

Isn't that the motto of every anorexic?

Chocolate tastes WAY better than skinny feels. Luckily, I have no desire to be "skinny." I want to be fit and strong and have a killer bikini body. I can get that AND eat chocolate. Yay!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Lots of stuff tastes great whether one is skinny or not. The problem with good tasting food is many people have no control over how much they eat. That should be the focus and not fearing if something tastes good.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's not a very healthy motto. I think it's great that you want to lose weight and be healthier but you don't have to hate food, or adopt crazy mottos to get there. Developing a healthy relationship with food is key to losing and maintaining. Food does taste good. It's good. It provides energy, nutrients, and it's okay to enjoy it. Just eating the right amount and you'll be good.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Lots of stuff tastes great whether one is skinny or not. The problem with good tasting food is many people have no control over how much they eat. That should be the focus and not fearing if something tastes good.
    Ding ding ding!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels maybe?
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels maybe?

Not even.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I really love how cheese fries taste.

yum. Nom nom nom
  • cmaile767
    cmaile767 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nothing in what I wrote indicates anything about losing weight in an unhealthy way. Also, if you do not know that after losing over a hundred pounds you feel skinny, then you have never done it.

By the way, no one in their right mind ever, EVER gives up chocolate completely. As they say "All things in moderation".
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    "Skinny" means different things to different people. Sure there is such a thing as "too skinny," but someone who is over 300 pounds has a long time before she has to worry about that.

Feel free to add me OP. I know what it is like to battle a food addiction, and whereas I agree with some of the other posters that learning portion control is key, there are still some things that I can't have in my house because I can't eat "just one".
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options

Chocolate tastes WAY better than skinny feels. Luckily, I have no desire to be "skinny." I want to be fit and strong and have a killer bikini body. I can get that AND eat chocolate. Yay!

This. Unfortunately chocolate does taste better than skinny. HAHA my mouth and chocolate are soulmates.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options

Do you even pizza?
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Let me be the first to welcome you without any jabs! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I, too, have been in this rodeo before. I lost 85 pounds, depression hit, gained 85! Fun stuff! Welcome to a supportive place to vent and read other peoples' stories. They help you feel not so alone. Welcome to rediscovering your true, healthier self. Welcome to the rest of your life! This journey isn't easy but it is easier when you use this site. Congratulations to you! I support your goals!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Nothing in what I wrote indicates anything about losing weight in an unhealthy way. Also, if you do not know that after losing over a hundred pounds you feel skinny, then you have never done it.

By the way, no one in their right mind ever, EVER gives up chocolate completely. As they say "All things in moderation".

I know you mean well, but I would never want to feel skinny. But if I did, I still think cookies would taste better than that feeling.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options

false. burritos and ice cream. 'nuff said.

but seriously, good on you for taking a step in the right direction. just know that losing weight doesn't have to be all about sacrifice :flowerforyou:
    Also, if you do not know that after losing over a hundred pounds you feel skinny, then you have never done it.

also, i think you're confusing feeling skinny with confidence. you can eat delicious food and still have confidence. i haven't lost over 100 lbs yet but i'm damn close
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

I will have to respectfully disagree with this because:
    Pizza
    Donuts
    Cookies
    Ice cream
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Debatable. I love me some chocolate chip cookies.

..and forget being skinny. I'd rather be fit.
  • Beckywrkm
    Options

YES! I totally get it!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Nothing feels as skinny as good taste.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey

Welcome and good luck in your journey. I don’t know why your doctor would advise someone who is 5’9 to aim for 140…unless you want to be a model. I’m 5’6 and 140 would be skinny to me. I like your goal of 167. More realists.
    MFP has helped me a lot and I hope it helps you too. I have managed to keep the weight off for 1 year plus or minus 10lbs. I have fallen off the wagon but the most important is to get back on to logging your food and I’m usually back on track in 1 or 2 months

I wish I could agree with you on Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! But unfortunately for me I can give you a whole list of sweets, cakes, ice cream pastry that taste a whole lot better. I am more inclined to go with
    Nothing feels as good as skinny feels!
    When I am in a healthy weight it feels great and when I am not in a health weight even though I am enjoying the taste of all the food I am eating, I don’t feel great
  • brucewenzel
    Options
    . 28 days ago I was at 332 lbs and have lost 11 so far. I am 46, 5'9" and healthy except the major arthritis and tendon issues in my feet that keep me from so many exercises it isn't funny. I just want to get to 167 lbs and that is not unreasonable. The doctor would like me to be at 140. We will see how I feel about it when I reach my current goal.

There is no way you weigh 332 and are 5-9 and are healthy!! Sorry.

I would agree with the statement from a different prespective. I would rather go without a donut then ruin a whole day of watching what I eat. I would rather eat a healthy snack then eat something that will not curb my hunger and have a lot more calories then it is worth to me. To each there own this is just my way of dealing with eating foods.