Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Options

Replies

• JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! We all know that you can do this!
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I do believe that use to be the motto of Weight Watchers... and when I was a member I liked it and never took it as negative or really being 'skinny'.....to me skinny was just dropping some weight not really getting skinny....
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I have been reading posts here and think I found my best fit here. 28 days ago I was at 332 lbs and have lost 11 so far. I am 46, 5'9" and healthy except the major arthritis and tendon issues in my feet that keep me from so many exercises it isn't funny. I just want to get to 167 lbs and that is not unreasonable. The doctor would like me to be at 140. We will see how I feel about it when I reach my current goal.

I lost 125 lbs once and gained it back. My fault entirely. Suffice it to say depression eating sucks you in, but I have a feeling you all know about how that works and the downward spiral you head into. I made some major changes in my life and am making more. Right now it is time for this one.

I refuse to stay this size. Especially not after I experienced being able to buy clothes in a regular store. I loved being able to visit friends or go to barbecues without having to consider either bringing my own chair or standing the whole time because you know there will not be a chair big enough or sturdy enough for you. If you have not experienced being kicked off an amusement park ride because the safety locks wouldn't engage over your chest, be happy. I have and it is not a good feeling. I screwed up, but I will get back there, and stay there.

We can all do this. Just don't lose sight of the goal. I lost sight in a big way and that will not happen again.

You're over 300lbs, you don't know how skinny feels

I don't agree with the "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" nonsense, but saying someone over 300 lbs doesn't know what skinny feels like is,,, a little presumptuous, no? No one was born into this world at 300 lbs.

presumptuous and.....dare I say it?....ruuuuuude? lol
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I first heard that saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" from weight watchers. If I am not mistaken they are well known for ecouraging a very healthy way to loose weight. I feel it ridiculous that someone who is looking for a bikini body has any room to criticize someone who had over 100 pounds to loose.

I get exactly what you are saying! It's just a way to check yourself. I in no way believe 147lbs to be anorexic, so I think you are good. I get it, when your brain tells you to eat that entire pepperoni pizza, you can counter that with "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and maybe than you choose a cheese pizza with turkey pepperoni or choose to eat one piece instead of the whole crapin thing. I totally get that and think it's a perfectly acceptable motto for you and wish you all the luck in the world!!! It's a long journey but indeed: " nothing tastes as good a skinny feels"!!!!

It's a saying people relax! Try giving support instead of all this negativism!!! My grandmother used to say if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!!!

AMENNNNN!!!!!! Thank you! Gosh people are down right rude!

There's many people recovering from EDs on here, and in a more frightening light, lots of hidden users and forums on here dedicated to "pro-Ana" and "pro-Mia" ~lifestyles~

The title of the post is both potentially divisive (luckily, the "rude" people are just posting .gifs and literally countering with why they disagree) AND has a very long history of being a mantra in the pro-ED community, spawned from the model who so famously gave the 90s "heroin chic."

While the OP clearly does not mean to advocate EDs, I wouldn't exactly come on to a forum saying "THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!"... and then say, "I mean my legs are going to rise with my leg-lifts! I'm going to exercise and make this change!"

Reappropriation of words and phrases can certainly happen... but probably should be done in a more understanding and gracious manner.

ETA: Well, now I have to take it back, because there certainly was a rude comment posted. :noway:

There's always someone who comes out and is actually a jerk,
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Needing to edit...oops...
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I have been reading posts here and think I found my best fit here. 28 days ago I was at 332 lbs and have lost 11 so far. I am 46, 5'9" and healthy except the major arthritis and tendon issues in my feet that keep me from so many exercises it isn't funny. I just want to get to 167 lbs and that is not unreasonable. The doctor would like me to be at 140. We will see how I feel about it when I reach my current goal.

I lost 125 lbs once and gained it back. My fault entirely. Suffice it to say depression eating sucks you in, but I have a feeling you all know about how that works and the downward spiral you head into. I made some major changes in my life and am making more. Right now it is time for this one.

I refuse to stay this size. Especially not after I experienced being able to buy clothes in a regular store. I loved being able to visit friends or go to barbecues without having to consider either bringing my own chair or standing the whole time because you know there will not be a chair big enough or sturdy enough for you. If you have not experienced being kicked off an amusement park ride because the safety locks wouldn't engage over your chest, be happy. I have and it is not a good feeling. I screwed up, but I will get back there, and stay there.

We can all do this. Just don't lose sight of the goal. I lost sight in a big way and that will not happen again.

Wow. Really?!? Is it your goal to be nasty to people here? That was just absolutely unnecessary. Clearly you're one of those people who need to cut down other people in order to feel better about yourself. Congrats.

This site is here for supporting one another in the same goal - changing our bodies. It's not a social media network for people to bully one another. Go to your own Facebook page for that.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

You have no idea whether or not that's true. I weighed less than 100 lbs from the time I was in high school until I was in my late 20s. Then I got sick and went through some medical BS that a lot of people wouldn't have been able to survive. A decade and a half later I was 240 lbs.

So please, unless you know the OP personally and her entire life history, keep it to yourself.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Really?! All people can comment on this post is about the final quote that she put "Nothing taste as good as skinny feels."

Just because people who are anorexic use this doesnt mean this cant help someone loose weight. Good god people, take a breather and support her. This was originally a quote that was said by Kate Moss. And you can be skinny and be healthy. Why do people always feel like its appropriate to say that if your skinny than you're unhealthy.

Rant over.

Keep going with your goal! Cause it will all be worth it!! And whatever quote helps you push through this is fine! (:

so if that single line is messing up OP's message. Maybe OP might consider asking a mod to delete that line from her OP, or she might consider starting a new thread that does not contain that controversial line?

OP is still here isn't she?
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Welcome to MFP
    I have lost 50 pounds and I am 67 years old.
    I also have arthritis and tendon issues in my feet, so my exercise is very limited.

I do not want to become skinny, just wanted to get this excess weight off of me.
    I have no plans to be in a bikini.

I am in Maintenance now. I do eat my chocolate but watch my calories.
    I drink my water and watch my sodium

Good Luck in your venture, you can do it.
    You can add me as a friend if you wish:flowerforyou:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

Take note, peeps. This right here is an example of an actual rude comment.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I agree completely, Everyone is here or should be here for one goal, to get healthy so you go girl. YOU CAN DO THIS...There are many "friends" you can find here to encourage and not discourage you along the way. I also happen to agree with Nothing tastes better than skinny feels! Add me if you like, I'm faithful logging in so I am constantly online if you need me. Congrats by the way on making a fabulous choice to change your life for the better. I can't wait to see the results. :flowerforyou:

Here's a shocker - not everyone who uses this site does so for the same reasons or has the same goals - nor should they all have the same goals and reasons.

I know, it might take a while to wrap your head around that, but it will make sense some day. Really.

No they are right. Everyone is here to get healthy/stay healthy. >.> if you aren't then you shouldn't be on a site called myfitnesspal...

Um, no. I'm pretty sure that no matter my motivations, I'm allowed to visit and use any site that I please. That being said, making blanket statements assuming that everyone here has exactly the same goal is a bit short-sighted, and therefore a poor argument.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Debatable. I love me some chocolate chip cookies.

..and forget being skinny. I'd rather be fit.

I second this, I would rather b fit than skinny any day.

And chili dogs, chili cheese fries, cheesesteaks, strawberry short cake, glazed donuts.....oh gosh...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Too bad there's not a website to help you be less of a jerk.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options

Wow, someone needs to go chew on a rock...rude much? :huh:
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What, being skinny can feel horrible? Being cold all the time, hurts to sit on anything, can't sleep?

Don't be so quick to jump to assumptions.
    Just weirds me out to see someone saying that, like everyone else said, surely being healthy is better than skinny
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

I read your post and I'm so with you and exactly know what you meant. Too bad one has to put oneself in other's shoe to know what they are saying,thinking and where they are coming from - not a lot of people have that ability.

Forget all the noise that happens on the forums ....

If you haven't read these links please, please do me a favor I would truly appreciate if you can read these

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

Good Luck and enjoy your journey to "new whatever you want to be" ... even if it means "being skinny" in your dictionary.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Not reading in detail but I agree with nothing tastes as good as being thinner, stronger and healthier feels! :)

I love the feel of my body more now than I did 10kgs ago!
    Food is still good, I enjoyed a 400gram steak for dinner and home made pizza for lunch. I still get to enjoy delicious foods! Yay me.
  • pghfitgirl
    Options
    OP, good luck to you and hopefully you can filter through some of the nonsense and bickering that goes on here and find the multitude of really great information. Start with some of the beginning posts some people have linked to - educate yourself on what you should be eating and how you can integrate exercise.

Unfortunately certain words or phrases really hit a nerve around here, and while some members provide great tips (even if they do it bluntly), some people get into long-winded, petty, and useless arguments that derail the thread and prevent valuable information from getting to you. It's clear from your post you just want to be motivated to be healthy. So hopefully you can sift through the posts and find support! :flowerforyou:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Also, just an FYI - many people's bodyweight changes over time. She may very well know what it feels like to be skinny. Your comment was not only rude, but also in all likelihood may be wrong. Double prizes!!!!
  • megnay
    megnay Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Isn't that the motto of every anorexic?

Chocolate tastes WAY better than skinny feels. Luckily, I have no desire to be "skinny." I want to be fit and strong and have a killer bikini body. I can get that AND eat chocolate. Yay!
    Yep, Kate Moss said this. Very problematic quote. Skinny isn't necessarily healthy, obviously! I am a lot healthier than a lot of "skinny" girls I see at school.

Regardless, good luck to the OP with your journey!