Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    As a fellow 5'9' chick, I have to say that 140 is not a good look for us. I like myself at 170 and 180 and the rest of america thinks that's fat.

Is not a good look for "us"?? :huh:

Yeah, for us 5'9" chicks. What's the question?
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to make someone feel welcome by taking a comment a twisting it into a negative.

I would like to think this is being said in a black and white context, meaning there is either Skinny or Fat and the poor girl wants to not feel unhealthy.

I didn't see anywhere that she said anything about wanting to develop a eating disorder just wanting some self motivation for not eating junk food.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    What's rude about it? Yeah it is a bit blunt and to the point, but I'm not being nasty in any way. It's not like I said "you're 300 lbs, you don't know how skinny feels - and that makes you disgusting" I was just stating the facts, at 300lbs you probably don't know the problems that come with "being skinny", unless OP has a history of being underweight I am ignorant about and in which case I apologise.

I'd say ignorant pretty much sums up how I felt about the "You don't know the horrors of being skinny" comment. Super ignorant.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I just think it's a horrible quote used by the pro-ana community to shame each other out of eating food.
    It's like saying you can't enjoy your food if you want to be "skinny", which is all kinds of wrong, and I've been skinny and I didn't particularly enjoy it, it can get quite uncomfortable at times. And yeah I know peoples opinion on what skinny is are very different, but I'm talking about my opinion.
    All I'm saying OP is don't glorify something and propagate such strong mantras such as that without really thinking about what it means.

Healthy and balanced food tastes pretty good and you can be skinny/healthy with it too

how come you are not addressing ALL the people who said your comment was way over the line? the "you're 300 lbs, you don't know how skinny feels" comment? I saw where you said that skinny doesn't feel great but how come you are not saying,
    "that wasn't rude because...." or "oh i didn't mean it that way..." or ANYTHING at all to justify or apologize either way?

OK. Give the girl a break. Her 2nd post clears says what she meant... To me that's a end of story.

Have an Happy Thursday everyone.
  • pghfitgirl
    Options
    I see where you are coming from. I think it's semantics coupled with the fact that there is a stigma attached to the word "skinny" (i.e. most people feel there is a negative connotation to it; most don't want to be called "skinny" and would prefer healthy/fit instead.

Edit - meant to quote Achrya and messed up the post. Long day lol.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You've probably never tasted the salted caramel chocate
    tarts from my work then.

Why can't we enjoy tasty things and still be/feel skinny?

Sincerely,
    A girl who has maintained the same weight since September and rarely skips dessert
  • kedyali
    kedyali Posts: 1
    Options
    Ok seriously, this is just a very random question... but I just joined and am still learning to navigate this app/site. How do I change the picture or icons on the progress chart that shows up underneath everyones postings??
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBj031DoWjqJnPrT4aWRepdXVkKumalvUwgQHIaaPxCEcXXkWw
  • webg
    webg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Let me be the first to welcome you without any jabs! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I, too, have been in this rodeo before. I lost 85 pounds, depression hit, gained 85! Fun stuff! Welcome to a supportive place to vent and read other peoples' stories. They help you feel not so alone. Welcome to rediscovering your true, healthier self. Welcome to the rest of your life! This journey isn't easy but it is easier when you use this site. Congratulations to you! I support your goals!

This!

Wow people can be nasty.

As another person who once weighed over 300 lbs you say to yourself whatever you need to to get the weight off and get healthy.

Although I didn't follow that mantra, I did have my own version of it....."Nothing Tastes as Good As Healthy Feels". This usually applied to junk foods with absolutely no nutritional value. Chocolate isn't that bad for you, it's all the refined sugar mixed into most versions.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Another person who could not read through all the posts.

OP, some of us that have been morbidly obese understand where you are coming from, and what you are saying. We totally get it. I happen to agree with you. I realize the phrase is something people who have experienced Weight Watchers have heard. I, myself heard it for the first time here, from a MFP pal who was a member of Weight Watchers. I think of this phrase often, particularly when I want to eat something that I will regret eating. Not that the food doesn't taste good, many of us know (all too well) how good food tastes. It has helped me on more than one occasion and will help me countless times more, from indulging in a food that I know I will regret eating.

So, for me, being a healthy weight (for the first time in 30 years), really does feel better than any food I could possible get a momentary pleasure from tasting.

Kudos to you for what you are doing. The best of luck to you!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    As a fellow 5'9' chick, I have to say that 140 is not a good look for us. I like myself at 170 and 180 and the rest of america thinks that's fat.

Is not a good look for "us"?? :huh:

Yeah, for us 5'9" chicks. What's the question?

Not all 5'9" women are exactly the same. 170 or 180 is not a good for me. 140 would be fine.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    690.jpg

I will eat the berries, you can have the rest.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Isn't that the motto of every anorexic?

Chocolate tastes WAY better than skinny feels. Luckily, I have no desire to be "skinny." I want to be fit and strong and have a killer bikini body. I can get that AND eat chocolate. Yay!

i get to be skinny (and strong) AND to eat chocolate too ;)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    False, french fries taste better than skinny.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,051 Member
    Options
    I love this saying and lets face it, it works for everyone. It just depends on what your idea of "skinny is" I think all of us here feel like health is the ultimate goal, but we all want to look our best. Someone who weighs 150, may think 130 is skinny. Someone who weighs 400 may think 200 is skinny. Its all relative! Charge on my fat loser friends for in the end, all that matters is what YOU think!!

It doesn't work for me.

I was not aiming to be skinny, just to get into the healthy weight range for my height. I wasn't even aiming to look better - as I really don't think I look that much different, let alone particularly better, at 11 kg lighter.

and I don't have any fat loser friends to charge on (whatever that means).I have some friends who are fat but they are not losers.
    Just like I wasn't a loser when I was over weight - I was the same person, just heavier.

Incidentally I have also been what most people would term skinny - many years ago when I was 45 kg, which at my height gave me a BMI of 17