Don't eat vegetables

Options

Replies

• GreatGreenSea
    GreatGreenSea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cheese on broccoli or cauliflower. It will change your life. I also like to make a peanut sauce with fresh-ground pb (DON'T USE JIFF or any other processed pb, it will taste weird), a little soy or coconut milk, soy sauce, and sriracha, and put it on my broccoli. MMMMMM.

Otherwise, suck it up and throw some kale or spinach in a smoothie, and suck it down. You're a big boy, you'll live ;)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I hate veggies, but will eat just about any fruit.

Tomatoes, eggplant,squash,cucumbers,okra,peppers, avocado.....all fruit
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    getty_rm_photo_of_baby_eating_from_spoon.jpg

EWWW THAT AIRPLANE WAS FILLED WITH PEAS!!!
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I hate veggies, but will eat just about any fruit.

Tomatoes, eggplant,squash,cucumbers,okra,peppers, avocado.....all fruit

Yup, anything that is produced after due to flowering, botanically speaking, is a fruit.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love the suggestions that this 18 yr old kid make smoothies, fresh ground peanut butter, chard, and kale. Have you ever met an 18 yr old?

How about raw carrots or other veggies dipped in ranch dressing, or frozen meals with veggies mixed into stuff. Mashed potatoes or fries, or something where ketchup and gravy add all the flavor would be more realistic. Spaghetti sauce counts, so does pizza. The cheese melted over cauliflower or broccoli was a good suggestion. The frozen bags where it's already together are a realistic suggestion.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a joke .. What's the only part of a vegetable you can't eat?

The hospital bed!!!!!!
  • skinnyhappyfuture
    Options
    No matter what your fitness goals, it's really hard to achieve anything when you aren't eating a balanced diet. Not only do vegetables contain a lot of vitamins, but they are also a really good source of complex carbohydrates that don't upset blood sugar levels and a great source of fibre in most cases.

1. Experiment with new vegetables. You've probably been introduced to peas, carrots and broccoli, but have you tried hon tsai-tai, kale, shiitake mushrooms? I would suggest concentrating on one vegetable per week. That way, you have at least 5-6 opportunities to prepare the vegetable in different ways and give it a chance before you reject it.

2. Try vegetable juices. They don't have the fibre of whole vegetables, but they are a good way to introduce vegetables into your routine. Personally, I don't care for the taste of pure vegetable juice like tomato juice, but lots of juice makers sell combinations of fruit and vegetable juices and usually only the fruit flavour comes through. Carrot juice is quite mild.

3. Incorporate vegetables into existing favourites. Add lettuce, pickles, tomato or the like to hamburgers and sandwiches. Common sandwich toppings don't usually have a strong taste, aside from onion, so all you'll notice is a bit more crunch, if you notice it at all. When you get pizza, ask for a light sprinkling of tomato, mushroom or peppers. You can even ask them to put the vegetable topping under the cheese, and once cooked these vegetables are very light in flavour and have a texture similar to the cheese. Ask for some salsa when you're having nachos. Order some sautéed onions with your steak or chicken.

4. Make casseroles. It's kind of the same idea as above, where you add vegetable to the meal rather than making vegetable the focus of the meal. Look up recipes for casseroles that sound yummy to you, and half or quarter their suggested amount of vegetables to make it tolerable. As your tolerance increases, you may find yourself doubling the recommendation!

5. Try lots of ways of preparing vegetables before writing them off, because the cooking method makes a great deal of difference. Toppings, sauces, etc also have a huge impact on the resulting flavour. For instance, I am a fan of Portabella mushroom "steaks", I love grilled mushrooms and I always order mushrooms on my pizza...but I never eat raw or cold mushrooms such as those offered on salad bars. For me, the raw mushroom has a really bad texture and poor taste, whereas the hot, cooked mushrooms are tasty and have a pleasant texture. The reverse is true when it comes to cauliflower/white broccoli. I like crunchy raw white broccoli as a snack or part of a lettuce salad, but cooked cauliflower? No way. Experiment with boiling, steaming, baking, stir-frying, sautéing, etc. Try adding different kinds of herbs, spices and sauces.Pair them with different entrees. You may find that you hated the way whomever raised you prepared vegetables but that you like a couple of them in a stir fry.
  • skinnyhappyfuture
    Options
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    aa112-htfu.jpg
  • Jamr8231
    Jamr8231 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Steamed broccoli is actually really nice if you also sauté it with some olive oil and garlic. What about sweet potatoes and beetroot? Experiment!
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My son has a severe food phobia, he's 7 and he's doing amazingly well. Make yourself a star chart? Add tiny bits of veg to stuff to gradually get used to the taste. You have to try something 10 times for your pallet to adjust apparently (I don't know, I get told a lot of stuff)

Also aloo gobi, sagg aloo etc are banging curries.

Damn, now I want curry.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Out of the hundreds of vegetables in existence and the numerous ways there are to cook them, you've never found one vegetable you like?

Right?? Lol
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Cheese on broccoli or cauliflower. It will change your life. I also like to make a peanut sauce with fresh-ground pb (DON'T USE JIFF or any other processed pb, it will taste weird), a little soy or coconut milk, soy sauce, and sriracha, and put it on my broccoli. MMMMMM.

Otherwise, suck it up and throw some kale or spinach in a smoothie, and suck it down. You're a big boy, you'll live ;)
    If you really want heaven, try 2 parts hoison sauce, 1 part peanut butter and thin with lime juice (and you can add sriracha to taste of course). Tastes just like the sauce for vietnamese spring rolls.
  • Heir0fFir3
    Heir0fFir3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow, not a single veg?? And I thought I was fussy! Most of my veg I prefer in salad form, but throw a bit of broccoli my way and I'm yours! Just nothing squishy, and not reheated. If you like baked beans just make a chilli and chuck some kidney beans in. Also can put peppers, carrots etc. And now I could kill for chilli!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've started resistance training now to build muscle and I'm meeting my protein intake as well and not going over my calories, I do eat baked beans nearly everyday which is considered a vegetable, but apart from that I hate any other vegetable, will I still be able to build muscle doing this?
    Muscle is only built from proteins, so yes, but you can be hampered by not having essential micronutrients to make the muscle building process much more efficient.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    aa112-htfu.jpg
    Stolen, and thank you!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I'm also a veggie hater -- have been all my life. I will eat sweet corn with butter, raw carrots and celery, and raw spinach in a salad with dressing all over it. That's about it. Some easy ways I've found to add vegetables to my diet: Try adding vegetable broth to foods that you cook (I cook quinoa and brown rice in vegetable broth) or add vegetables to smoothies. Right now I'm drinking a smoothie with frozen strawberries, a banana, almondmilk, orange juice, spinach, kale, and a scoop of good vanilla protein powder. I don't taste the vegetables at all. It really just tastes like a sweet shake with a slight vanilla-y banana flavor.
  • rainbowxelephant
    rainbowxelephant Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love the suggestions that this 18 yr old kid make smoothies, fresh ground peanut butter, chard, and kale. Have you ever met an 18 yr old?

How about raw carrots or other veggies dipped in ranch dressing, or frozen meals with veggies mixed into stuff. Mashed potatoes or fries, or something where ketchup and gravy add all the flavor would be more realistic. Spaghetti sauce counts, so does pizza. The cheese melted over cauliflower or broccoli was a good suggestion. The frozen bags where it's already together are a realistic suggestion.

When I was 17 my bf at the time and I used to drink smoothies with greens in them and stir fried veggies.. by the time I was 19 I was a smoothie master, bought a magic bullet and everything. So, age is irrelevant. The op just needs to grow up and eat them. I used to hate veggies too, I grew up in a house where meat and potatoes were the staple. We were poor and I had little access to healthy food until I got a job, started buying my own food, and cooking for myself. Seriously dude, just eat them.

BTW corn should not be considered a vegetable, and beans aren't either. Cruciferous veggies are the easiest to cook in my opinion, try those. They taste fine just fried or steamed
  • rainbowxelephant
    rainbowxelephant Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a joke .. What's the only part of a vegetable you can't eat?

The hospital bed!!!!!!

Omg :')
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You can build muscle but you won’t be healthy. I mean as far as cancer and stomach ailments etc. You'll be more susceptible than someone who doesn’t push the veggies away like a spoiled child.