i dont understand what a "dirty eater" is...??

Options
See this phrase quite a lot in posts ..what does it mean?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You should ask in context. Like, if you see someone use it, ask in that thread. Or you could google it. There's no absolute definition.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    It's the opposite of a clean eater ;-)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Someone who ignores the 5 second rule.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Someone who ignores the 5 second rule.

that really depends on the floor...5 secs on my mothers is great...on my mother in laws no wayyyyyyyyy...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Someone with poor personal hygiene!
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Generally it is someone that eats what they want when they want it as long as it fits in their daily calorie/macros goal. So if you want to eat a bacon cheeseburger, fries, pop and a twinkie, you do as long as it fits in your daily goals. Where as a "clean eater" would generally choose chicken breasts, vegetables, fruit, water. Both are fine. You will lose weight as long as you eat at a deficit. I wouldn't recommend eating "dirty" 100% of the time, partly because it would be hard to maintain a deficit, especially if your calorie goal is lower. I think a good rule is 80/20. Eat healthy 80% of the time, but enjoy the things you love. Don't be afraid of "junk" food.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The dirty eating I do has nothing to do with calorie intake.

giggity
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options

:blushing:
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yeah, pretty much someone who is not eating a balanced macro diet, or lots of processed foods.
    you find the same connotation as when people refer to "dirty bulking."
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    "Yeah, baby. Gimme that cookie….Oh, you like that cookie? You like it when I bite that cookie? ….. I'm going to lick that chocolate chip right off of you, cookie……Mmmmmm."
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    See this phrase quite a lot in posts ..what does it mean?

Unfortunately it is mostly marketing hype for a lot of exercise programs. At the root is a way to cut down on process foods and refined sugars, which is always good for helping promote better eating habits.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    It's the opposite of a clean eater ;-)

What's a "clean eater"??
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Generally it is someone that eats what they want when they want it as long as it fits in their daily calorie/macros goal. So if you want to eat a bacon cheeseburger, fries, pop and a twinkie, you do as long as it fits in your daily goals. Where as a "clean eater" would generally choose chicken breasts, vegetables, fruit, water. Both are fine. You will lose weight as long as you eat at a deficit. I wouldn't recommend eating "dirty" 100% of the time, partly because it would be hard to maintain a deficit, especially if your calorie goal is lower. I think a good rule is 80/20. Eat healthy 80% of the time, but enjoy the things you love. Don't be afraid of "junk" food.

^^This... I eat what I want. Sometimes it's bacon cheeseburger, sometimes it's grilled chicken whatever floats my boat at the time.
    I guess I am half dirty =)
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    In a nutshell there is no limit to what you can eat. Just as long as you hit the calories needed for your goal.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

giggity
    +1
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This is pretty dirty

59417-messy-baby-eating-birthday-cake-picking-nose.jpeg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This hadn't gone downhill nearly as fast as I'd hoped.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

I am a dirty dirty eater.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    it pretty much means nothing, its something made up by the" fitness experts", you know the ones that stand and watch themselves work out in the mirror, and tell the mirror how huge they are getting