i dont understand what a "dirty eater" is...??

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Generally it is someone that eats what they want when they want it as long as it fits in their daily calorie/macros goal. So if you want to eat a bacon cheeseburger, fries, pop and a twinkie, you do as long as it fits in your daily goals. Where as a "clean eater" would generally choose chicken breasts, vegetables, fruit, water. Both are fine. You will lose weight as long as you eat at a deficit. I wouldn't recommend eating "dirty" 100% of the time, partly because it would be hard to maintain a deficit, especially if your calorie goal is lower. I think a good rule is 80/20. Eat healthy 80% of the time, but enjoy the things you love. Don't be afraid of "junk" food.

What makes a bacon cheeseburger dirty and a chicken breast clean? Does the combination of meat, bread, and veggies somehow make it dirty? If you had these things separately, would they go back to their "clean" state?

Bacon cheeseburger: full of artery-clogging fat and grease.

Chicken breast: lean, low-fat protein.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Generally it is someone that eats what they want when they want it as long as it fits in their daily calorie/macros goal. So if you want to eat a bacon cheeseburger, fries, pop and a twinkie, you do as long as it fits in your daily goals. Where as a "clean eater" would generally choose chicken breasts, vegetables, fruit, water. Both are fine. You will lose weight as long as you eat at a deficit. I wouldn't recommend eating "dirty" 100% of the time, partly because it would be hard to maintain a deficit, especially if your calorie goal is lower. I think a good rule is 80/20. Eat healthy 80% of the time, but enjoy the things you love. Don't be afraid of "junk" food.

What makes a bacon cheeseburger dirty and a chicken breast clean? Does the combination of meat, bread, and veggies somehow make it dirty? If you had these things separately, would they go back to their "clean" state?

Fat does not clog arteries.

The entire idea that fatty meat is "dirty" while lean meat is "clean" is ridiculous beyond belief and is a fundamental violation of the entire history of humanity.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    See this phrase quite a lot in posts ..what does it mean?

I don't shower between my morning run and my first meal.

Does that count?

Just chew an Orbit and we're all good. :wink: :drinker:

Oh, there will come a day...!

:flowerforyou:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I just read an article on "clean eating", which is no processed foods, lean meats, whole wheat breads, hard cheeses ...

Bread and cheese are both highly processed foods.

So are lean meats, for that matter.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

lol there is nothing wrong with getting x percent of your diet from fat ..I aim for about 30% from fat in my macros...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    no processed foods
    whole wheat breads
    hard cheeses

These are mutually exclusive.

Whole wheat bread and cheese are prime examples of processed food.
    "clean eating", which is no processed foods, lean meats
    "dirty eating" is.. fatty meats

Why is lean meat "clean" but fatty meat "dirty"??

fatty meat is dirty because it has the word "fatty" in it....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    remember when you were a kid and you used to make "mud pie" now, that stuff was freaking DIRTY....
  • CarlaMichelle
    CarlaMichelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    "Yeah, baby. Gimme that cookie….Oh, you like that cookie? You like it when I bite that cookie? ….. I'm going to lick that chocolate chip right off of you, cookie……Mmmmmm."

Love this!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    "Yeah, baby. Gimme that cookie….Oh, you like that cookie? You like it when I bite that cookie? ….. I'm going to lick that chocolate chip right off of you, cookie……Mmmmmm."

FR sent :love:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

lol there is nothing wrong with getting x percent of your diet from fat ..I aim for about 30% from fat in my macros...

No one said there was anything wrong with that…
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

As long as it's not animal fat, right?

Sheesh.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what your eating and how you eat it. ;-)

blake-lively-leighton-meester-ice-cream-750x525_large.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

thank gawd someone finally posted a pic worthy of this thread title.
    the video is probably more instructional tho.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

Easy now! Those are fightin' words.
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So clean eating is eating a low fat diet? Or eating "non processed" foods? Because I don't see why fatty meat is somehow more "processed" than lean meat, I really don't.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Just labeling a food as "dirty" implies that there's something wrong with it. In my opinion, demonizing any kind of food is just one step away from giving an eating disorder a foothold.
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone really knows but when people like to write about it they like how it sounds so they just say it
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

thank gawd someone finally posted a pic worthy of this thread title.
    the video is probably more instructional tho.

QFT
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    She's a dirty eater

ibzvqmNeaOIVwm.gif
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    . At the root is a way to cut down on process foods and refined sugars, which is always good for helping promote better eating habits.
    In my experience if often leads to unnecessary alarmism and unhealthy outcomes.