Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephani - i am in !!

Screen Name: Mekhala
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 276
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 226
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I no longer want to be fat - i am scared for my health, increased risk of cancer and diabetes - all the nice stuff!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Slimming world classes , 3 sessions of c5k a week and a bike ride a week.
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What a great thread!!! I'm in!!

Screen Name: kateland
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 200
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): (50lbs) 150
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: Gosh where do I start? I need to finish this once and for all. My boyfriend and I are going to be doing P90X in the summer, I want to meet myself at 150 lbs!!! I want to buy cute clothes. I have a family beach outing in the summer. Most importantly, I promised myself and my god that if I got through a very, very painful back surgery that I'd drop all the excess weight and sing my original songs on stage one day :)
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I will be on MFP every day. My goal is to create a 1000 calorie deficit every day to hit 7000 per week for the 2 lbs/week notion. My Metabolic rate is 1600. Eating 1200 calories and burning at least 600 between dog walking and elliptical/treadmill I can do this.

I believe 40 lbs will be enough for me, but I always had this little goal to see myself at 50 pounds lighter. I'm going to go for it.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I would love to join... I am not sure I want to put my actual weight though, feel a bit embarassed :(

Please don't feel embarassed. Were all in the same boat. No matter if someone weighs 140 and wants to be 130 or if someone is 300 and wants to be 150. We all want to lose weight. We are here to help you.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Ok- I am reposting my goals with my starting weight. Good luck everyone!

Screen name: mkingraham
    Starting Weight (On 1/1/2011): 246 lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: 196 lbs (under 200- woohoo)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I am tired of being overweight- I want to get into a healthy BMI range and to start planning for a family.
    What are your eating and exercies plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eat 1400 cals a day and exerciese 6 days week doing cardio and weight training!
  • hollyandfudgemum
    Options
    Screen name:
    Starting Weight (On 1/1/2011): 228lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: 180lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To help me live a healthier life, to make life easier for my horse and to get her out competing. To look good when I go on Holiday to Canada in October. To help me find a man :(
    What are your eating and exercies plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eat healthier, less carbs, more fibre. exercise more (making sure I sweat each time I exercise)
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great way to lose those unwanted, unhealthy pounds, I am in..

SCREEN NAME: jillk1023

STARTING WEIGHT: 148 12/30/10 it been the same for 2 weeks now UGH!!!!!!

GOAL BY 7/1/11: 125 (actually this is my goal by 4/30/11)

WHY DO YOU WANT TO LOSE 50#+: I have already lost 30 # and i feel awesome, i feel healthy, i feel sexy and i want to continue to feeling this way, and i know if i lose the 23 # (goal weight) i will even feel better.

WHAT ARE YOUR EATING & EXERCISING PLANS TO LOSE 50#+: plans are to keep eating clean like i have been, alot of fruits & veggies, keep my proteinand fiber intake high and to increase the intensity of my workouts 6/7 days a week.. I go to bootcamp every Sat. and the workout is awesome so this helps me a great deal!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

ps i am somewhat new to this site still and when you say to check in every Saturday we just post under your blog????
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    This sounds like a great way to lose those unwanted, unhealthy pounds, I am in..

SCREEN NAME: jillk1023

STARTING WEIGHT: 148 12/30/10 it been the same for 2 weeks now UGH!!!!!!

GOAL BY 7/1/11: 125 (actually this is my goal by 4/30/11)

WHY DO YOU WANT TO LOSE 50#+: I have already lost 30 # and i feel awesome, i feel healthy, i feel sexy and i want to continue to feeling this way, and i know if i lose the 23 # (goal weight) i will even feel better.

WHAT ARE YOUR EATING & EXERCISING PLANS TO LOSE 50#+: plans are to keep eating clean like i have been, alot of fruits & veggies, keep my proteinand fiber intake high and to increase the intensity of my workouts 6/7 days a week.. I go to bootcamp every Sat. and the workout is awesome so this helps me a great deal!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

ps i am somewhat new to this site still and when you say to check in every Saturday we just post under your blog????

no we will post in this thread every saturday
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 177
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 127
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: i've never been down to 127 since i started gaining weight as a child
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: eating between 1200 - 1500 calories daily/ joining a gym/ exercise @ least 30 mins a day, drink 88.50 oz water
  • brstraka
    Options
    I would love to join... I am not sure I want to put my actual weight though, feel a bit embarassed :(

Please don't feel embarred I have found that telling a group like this helps keep me more accountable
  • Chirron
    Options
    Count me in, I want to lose around 50 - 55 lbs. I will check back on the 1st to weigh in and fill out my info.
  • mamaof3bugs
    Options
    I am new to the boards and would love to join your challenge! I am looking to lose 40lbs but hey 50 would even be better :D

Screen Name: mamaof3bugs
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 174
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for):40lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?:I can cut my breast cancer recurence rate in half if i lose the weight and exercise 6 days a week
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I will be eating 1200 cals a day and working out on my eliptical (sp??)
  • jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm so in~ I would love to lose 50 lbs by July!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Hello everyone. Are you ready for tomorrow?? I am so excited to start this group. Unfortunetly I just found out that I have to go out of town tonight and will not have access to a computer until Monday. I weighed myself this morning and here are my stats. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning also incase anything changes I will edit my start weight on monday. The chart will be posted on Monday. But normally from now on it will be posted on Sunday every week. This will not be a common issue I promise you. Every Saturday I will be here to weigh in. Often people start groups and do not come back, because life just happens. What I will do so that I know who is going to be in the group, from this post on whoever post their start weight and stats thats who I will add to the chart. So please re-post your information if you have already posted it. Thank you, and thank you for joining this group everyone, I'm excited to start 2011 with a thinner you!

Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 218
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 145 !!!!!!
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to be happy!! I want to be fully happy, with a real smile. I want to feel happy when I buy clothes. I want to feel confident at the beach. I want to be healthy. I want to have energy. I want to set a good example for others.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I will alternate different diets. I had great success with the "Flat Belly Diet". I will alternate between flat belly diet and the south beach diet. I am the type of person that without a designed plan of what to eat, I will eat whatever I see. I will exercise at least 5 days a week, no matter what!
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Alright, count me in. I live in Australia and it's now 1:38am on Saturday, January 1, 2011, and this is the year that I get my health sorted out!

Screen Name: Acria
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 123kg/271lb
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for):95kg/209kg
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm tired of being unhealthy and tired, sick of feeling icky about myself and feeling like the fat girl. I refuse to get to the end of another year, go through another winter, another summer thinking 'If only I'd worked on it, I could have been healthy by now'.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Following the MFP calorie intake recommendation (presently 1680 per day), C25K, and an hour yoga session eadh Thursday evening.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: Mollie1037

Starting Weight: 364
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: 314

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To feel better about me.....:-)

What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: To eat healthly most times and eat much less processed and fast foods. Eat more lean meats, fish, veggies and fruits. Keep calories under 2,000 calories most days. I plan to exercise no less than 5 to 6 days a week each week.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Sarina87

Starting Weight: 172 (weighed myself today)

Goal by July 1st, 2011 : 40 pounds than i would be at 132

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: i want to wear my first bikini and feel strong and confident in all aspects of my life

What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I am going to start my P90X challenge tomarrow and then after that i am going to get back on my bike riding and spin classes. In the spring time, riding my bike to work and stores not only gives me a good workout but saves alot of money. But for the remainder of winter, P90X is my plan. As for my diet, i stick to my 1400 calories a day and have given up fried foods and soda. I also only eat red meat once a month.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, I like the way you think... you seem kind but driven, so I am in.

Screen Name: emmaleigh47
    Starting Weight: Will have to update tomorrow (January 1, 2011)

Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50 pounds (although I dont in any way believe that I am capable of losing that much by that time, but I am willing to try. My ultimate goal weight is about 185 because that is the last weight I was at that I remember feeling good about myself and my body!

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to be under 200 pounds for the first time in 7 years.
    I used to say I wanted to run to lose weight, but now I want to lose weight so that I can run more and run faster!

What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?:
    - following MFP and logging my calories and staying close to my goal calories
    - running 3 days/week
    - cross training at least one day per week (ideally 2 or 3)
    - planning meals and grocery lists
    - making home cooked meal 3x/week

Thanks for letting me into this challenge!
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I definitely want in on this challenge. Will post back on 1/1/11 in a few hours
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge, I am in will check back in the morning. Thanks for the group!
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    I for sure want in on this challenge! Will post my updated weight tomorrow (Saturday) which is my normal weigh in day anyway!

Screen Name: mysticdawnie
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 203 as of 12/31 - Will update on 1/1/11
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50lbs minimum!
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: Because after years of carrying around all of this extra weight I am finally ready to shed it for good. I want to be more healthy and feel confident and feel good about myself for a change . A new year for a new me!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Lots of walks and runs with my two dogs, utilizing my wii fit, ea active 2 , BIggest Loser and Just Dance for the Wii and also counting calories.