Body Beast Women's Group!

Options

Replies

• 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I did build shoulders this morning. One more day and my first week is in the books! It's funny how a good workout made me forget about the still lingering DOMS in my bis/forearms! But alas, the pain is back but getting better! I loved (and hated) the Sagi 6-way during shoulders! I should have iced by left shoulder when I was done with the workout, but I just didn't have time. I wonder if I'll pay for that on Friday?
  • jensurr
    jensurr Posts: 23
    Options
    I have to say I'm a little jealous of all the soreness you all are having. I'm lifting as heavy as I can, but rarely get sore anymore. I like a little soreness, makes me feel like I'm getting something out of it, lol.

As far as supplements, I use Now brand Whey Protein Isolate (natural flavor). I LOVE it. I also take Glutamine, Carnitine, Omega's, and digestive enzymes.

I'm happy to report I lost a pound of water weight in just a couple days of switching my pill!! Yay, hopefully that trend continues :-)

Keep up the good work ladies!!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies! Another busy morning for me and had to get my workout in between clients at the gym and ya know, some of the best workouts are the ones you make up off the top of your head! It was a great, intense full body workout! Burned 589 calories and hit every body part! Repeat this 3 times! Tomorrow is Bulk legs with the step up to reverse lunge from Build added in! Talk about BURN!!!! Have a great day!

15 bosu burpees
    10 ea squat w/ back extension (10lbs)
    1 min jacks
    8 ea side push up to side plank
    1 min side-side hop on step
    1 min mtn climbers
    1 min plank
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Back & Bi's tempo workout kicked my butt yesterday. I usually don't get too sore after working my back, but with tempo I can actually feel my lats like I've never felt them before!!! I think I'm going to do tempo whenever it's suggested. I can really feel a difference....even though while going through it, I hated every minute of it, to tell you the truth. LOL...But my bi's are sore as heck today, too...I figure it's stirring some muscle growth up in there, so I'm happy!

Somebody asked me what other programs I've done...I'm sorry I don't remember who it was. I've done Insanity, P90X, and although I haven't done P90X3 or T25 completely through, I'm using some of the workouts whenever I feel like more cardio, or just am in the mood for something different. I still do some Insanity workouts once in a while...just because I miss it.

It sounds like everyone is doing great in their workouts! Let's keep feeling Beasty! :wink:
  • jensurr
    Options
    Back & Bi's tempo workout kicked my butt yesterday. I usually don't get too sore after working my back, but with tempo I can actually feel my lats like I've never felt them before!!! I think I'm going to do tempo whenever it's suggested. I can really feel a difference....even though while going through it, I hated every minute of it, to tell you the truth. LOL...But my bi's are sore as heck today, too...I figure it's stirring some muscle growth up in there, so I'm happy!

Hmmmm, I may have to give those tempo workouts a try! Thanks for sharing your results.
  • 2bmeagain12
    Options
    Jen - Congrats on seeing a drop after switching your pill! That's encouraging.

Deb - What a great workout!!

I did not do the tempo workout yesterday as planned; I realized I didn't have it in my package. I ordered the Base package and it doesn't come with it. It's $30 to order separately. I was beginning to wonder if it is worth it. Connie - You may have convinced me. After all, it's an investment in myself!

I thought for sure my shoulders would be screaming today (2 days post-workout), but they aren't at all! I'm feeling great and just a dull pain all over. I'll take it! Yesterday I did chest/tris. I increased the weight in each set compared to the first day of chest & tris. And lifted more than or equal to "Barbie" with each set. With that, my first week is in the books! One down, 11 to go! Off to do the dreaded Build Legs -- it hurts so good! Happy Friday all!
  • healthyfitwell
    Options
    Go for the Tempo workouts, it's worth it, imo. I lucked out and a friend had an extra disc so he gave it to me, but I'd pay the $30 in a heartbeat.

Yesterday was cardio day and I did Burn Intervals. I just love that one so much. It always leaves me feeling accomplished at the end. Today I did Bulk Back, Hallelujah for 29 mins! :)

NSV: I saw a friend yesterday who I haven't seen in a few weeks and she told me I look like I've lost weight! That made my night and put a little extra pep in my step today. It was totally out of the blue too, which makes it even better.
  • 2bmeagain12
    Options
    Cristy - Thanks for yet another confirmation of getting Tempo. The order has been placed! Are the burn intervals you're referring to the ones on the Cardio DVD? Or something else? Congrats on the compliments from your friend! What a great feeling!

Do any of you do the plyo on one of the DVDs? If so on what day do you do them?

I completed day one, week 2 yesterday of Build Legs! Happy to officially be in week 2! My knee is really not liking leg day or cardio. I'm having to ice it a couple times after completing the workout. I even had to put a compression knee sleeve on yesterday. I haven't had to wear one in 2 years. Back and Bis today! I'm beginning to think that DOMS in the second rotation of workouts isn't as painful (knock on wood!). I have yet to have DOMS from the 2nd round of chest/tris or legs this week. I don't mind a bit of tenderness and achiness, but the DOMS last week were c-r-a-z-y!!

Have a happy Saturday!
  • jsayyah
    jsayyah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hola! Just wondering what this program is and how it's done. I've been lifting in the free weights section for about 10 weeks-3/4 workouts a week. Just starting to see some results. I'd love to mix up my routine! :smile:
  • healthyfitwell
    Options
    The Burn Intervals workout is from Chalean Extreme. I was in the mood to mix up the cardio that day and that specific one is a favorite of mine. She mixes tons of lightweight reps with plyo and kickboxing moves. If you give her a 10 out of 10, you'll be spent by the end. :)

As for the Plyo on the Beast disc, do you mean the P90X Plyo? I did that back when I did P90X, but haven't done it in ages. Actually, since I saw they included that in the program (Body Beast) I figured it was "okay" to switch out Beast Cardio now and then for something different.

Sorry to hear about your knee! Careful with that. How is it feeling today? Kick back and bi's butt!!! My DOMS has gone down too, the first week it was brutal.

I hope you all enjoy your Saturday! Rest day for me tomorrow, woohoo!! :)
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Do any of you do the plyo on one of the DVDs? If so on what day do you do them?

Are you referring to the P90X Plyo? It's hardcore! If you've never done it, I suggest popping in the DVD and previewing it before. But, if your knees are hurting a bit during Beas cardio, they will probably hurt more so during X plyo.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Happy Saturday ladies!!! Sooooo...........I have yet to lean out a bit more and have been wanting to do P90X3! It arrived on Friday so I'm starting Monday and then, my plan is to get back to Beast! I can't wait!!!! So, although I won't be posting about BB, I will be posting here, so stick with me!

You are all rockin' your workouts! I love to see all of the support & motivation! That's what we're here for!

BTW, I am soooooo sore today!!!! I guess that circuit workout really kicked my butt!!! WOW!

Patience: I sent you some info on the program! If you're lifting already, this is right up your alley!

Have a great weekend ladies! Keep on beasting!
  • jensurr
    Options
    Happy Sunday ladies! Today is my rest day. I usually dread rest days, but I feel like I need it today.

Deb - I loved the first phase of P90x3! Then I started doing BB. Now I'm just using the cardio videos from the program to supplement BB. I tried to continue on with doing both programs together as they were designed, but I found the last two phases of P90x3 didn't have enough cardio for what I wanted. I will definitely go back and do the full program someday. I love the fast paced 30 minute videos.

Melanie - So sorry to hear about your knee, hope it is healing fast!

Hope you all have a beautiful Sunday :-)
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I just finished my first day of Body Beast (Build: Chest/Tris). It was awesome. I am just returning from a vacation and excited to start this program. 1 day down - 89 to go!!! Please friend me if I have not already friended you!! Jenn
  • jensurr
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone, let's start the week off STRONG!

Welcome back gmansmom, from your post, it sounds like you had a great time on your vacation!

My husband has surprised me with a 4 night cruise for my 40th birthday, we leave today :smile: I'm going to take my BB workouts with me and try my best to eat as well as I can. Ship food is sooooo difficult. Everything is loaded with sodium. I'm down to 38 days till my event, so I'll be trying hard, lol.
  • 2bmeagain12
    Options
    Hi all!

Thanks for all the info on pylo. Based on Deb's suggestion, I'm going to try to watch the video this week to decide if I want to swap it for cardio the next time that comes up in the cycle. I had cardio yesterday and while it was tough I'm happy to report that my knee does not hurt today!

The tempo DVD should arrive Friday, so I should be able to get 1-3 tempo workouts in before I switch to the Bulk block.

I am halfway through week 2, and have not had DOMS during this second week at all. I've gone up in most of the weights over week 1.

For the past 10 days I've been off work due to April vacation. I'm so glad I started BB the first day off and continued straight through. I'm back at work today and not sure I would have had the mental strength to start today while also going back to work. I'm grateful to have had some time to get used to the workouts and build some momentum. With that said, I did shoulders at 5am! I may try to get some time with the elliptical later today as the shoulder burn was fairly low. This week will be all about trying to find that balance in a new schedule. If I recall correctly, the Build sessions are the longest, averaging around 45 minutes, and Bulk is around 30 minutes? What about Beast?

Jenn - So happy you're home and can join us! Congrats on getting started yesterday!

Jen - Have an awesome cruise! You're so good for taking BB with you - Sagi would be proud! Happy birthday!
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I completed build legs today. Man, that was rough. I had to do the modified version on a couple of them. I also have no balance - I kept falling over. haha.

I also just figured out that that the program is 84 days - not 90! Yay, I am further along than I thought. haha 2 days down - 82 to go!

I have a pull-up bar (with an assist band) but am not sure I can do them. I am thinking about getting the over the door band thing. What do you all do? I do back/ bis tomorrow so I need to get on that!

I am about to do my measurements, body fat %, weight and pictures. I really want / need to see some progress as I move through this program. How fast did any of you see a difference?

jensurr - enjoy that cruise! Good for you for sticking with the workouts while you are away. That is great dedication.

Mel - I am so glad your knee is better. I know that was scary! Your efforts to work this in around your busy schedule will be worth it!

Have a great day everyone!
    Jenn
  • 2bmeagain12
    Options
    Yay Jenn!!

Great catch seeing that the program is 84 days and not 90!

Have you looked into the eccentric or negative pull ups? (I gave you the wrong name of them before) I wish I could find the training program I used last year, but I can't. I recently read this in a thread which swayed me from getting an over the door contraption, "Second, throw away the pull up assist.... it'll only get you good at doing assisted pull ups. Best bet is to do 3-4 sessions of pull-ups a week, using negatives to rapidly build up your numbers. Add a rep or two each time and in 4-6 weeks you'll be cranking them out with the best of them." While I'm nowhere near throwing away the assistance bands, I realized that the door contraption might not help me (personally) achieve my goal of being able to do pull ups on my own. I do think the over the door straps will help to build upper body strength, without a doubt!

I'm also curious to hear about other's success in the program!
  • 2bmeagain12
    Options
    I found the answer to the length of the programs in case anyone else is looking for them:
    http://www.theworkouts.com/tag/body-beast-workout-time-lengths/

BUILD: CHEST/TRICEPS 49 minutes BUILD: SHOULDERS 38 minutes BUILD: LEGS 38 minutes BUILD: BACK/BICEPS 50 minutes (avg=44 mins)

BULK: CHEST 30 minutes BULK: BACK 29 minutes BULK: LEGS 40 minutes BULK: SHOULDERS 35 minutes BULK: ARMS 36 minutes (avg=34 mins)

BEAST: ABS 11 minutes BEAST: CARDIO 30 minutes BEAST: TOTAL BODY 39 minutes
  • healthyfitwell
    Options
    Thank you for sharing about negative pull-ups! I'd never heard of them before. I have the chin up assist but have just been using the bands. I googled negative pull-ups and found some videos on youtube that demonstrate them. Next time we have to do pull-ups - I'm going to give this a shot. :)

I started week 5 today - Bulk Chest. I went up on my weights but only because I was pretty conservative about it last week since it was my first time doing Bulk and I didn't know what to expect. I also usually do the incline pushups as regular pushups, but decided to do it on the ball today. It was awesome. I got in every single rep in all 3 sets! I notice that my back feels a lot stronger.

My nutrition, while I've been tracking it so I'm happy about that, hasn't been stellar. Today I started the Cooler 1 phase of Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet. I'm upping my carbs a bit so I don't bonk, but I want to do something that will get me back into the habit of incorporating more veggies and fruits into my diet. I've been doing too many bars and crackers, stuff like that. This will only last two weeks.